Hosted by Brickdoctor, with assistance from Superkalle and Calabar; color checked by Aanchir; partial credit for brick-built classic space logo to Proudlove
Welcome to Eurobricks' Third LDD Relay Community Build! The past is done; we've done a Castle RCB. The present is done; we've done a Town RCB. Therefore, it is with great pleasure that I welcome you to…*drumroll* the future!
Eurobricks' Third LDD RCB will, by popular vote, be a Classic Space-themed outpost located on the Moon. A total of twenty builders will contribute additions to the build of up to 250 bricks to complete this model.
Rules and Guidelines:
Portions of these rules were borrowed from those of the First LDD RCB, written by ADHO15.
Even though this seems like a bunch of boring rules, this is intended to be a serious build, so do read them over before signing up.
- This RCB will be built using LDD 4.1.8 and Extended Mode. If you have not unlocked it and/or have not downloaded the 4.1.8 patch, please do so and ensure it to works properly prior to signing up.
- You must have a Brickshelf account and know how to use it.
- By the end of the build, the model will contain nearly 5,000 pieces. If you think that your computer will be unable to handle such a large model, please do not sign up.
- Each person can add up to 250 bricks. Use the brick counter to ensure you don't use too many bricks, otherwise I get to have some fun and delete portions of your addition.
- The general rule is that you can't alter bricks placed by a previous builder. However, if absolutely necessary in order to place some vital structural elements, you are allowed to move max ten of of previous builders bricks. This allowance is not to be used to add decorations or other trivial elements.
- Use only bricks in colors that have been manufactured at some time by TLG. Use BrickLink for reference. One exception: because of the older nature of the Classic Space theme, you may use a new version of a piece in place of an older one in a color the older one was produced in.
- Avoid 'floating' of bricks, except in special cases where friction would hold the piece in place in real life. While it is okay to have corners and spaces between buildings, please keep the whole model attached. If you need more space, add in a baseplate.
- As a general guideline please avoid use of BPPs, BURPs, and juniorized pieces. Brick-built solutions usually have a more refined look to them.
- Please try to keep landscaping down to a minimum. You might think a million light bley craters would be funny, but the focus of this build is the outpost itself.
- The only faction of this build should be Classic Space. Make sure you use the appropriate open-visor old-style helmet, classic smiley face, and single-color uniforms. Do not apply a print to the torso; the plain torso is the closest LDD comes to the Classic Space uniform.
- This is meant to be a peaceful scene. Do not build in attacks by other factions or disasters. The build should represent Classic Space minifigs going about their everyday business.
- Against my better judgment you are not allowed to set the RCB on fire. (or other similar inappropriate additions, and, of course, you may use fire where appropriate, such as rocket engines) I reserve the right to remove anything that is inappropriate for the model.
- Just so our model doesn't end up looking half-finished, if you are one of the later builders, try not to start anything that can't be easily completed by the next builder.
- Provided that they do not violate one of the above Building Regulations, any design decisions are up to you. Just try to keep it looking Classic Spacey. Loading dock, starship hangar, barracks, mess hall, laboratory, library, storage areas, vehicle garage...
Guidelines for discussion of the RCB:
- It's sounds obvious, but to borrow KimT's line, stay on target!
- Do not ask when it will be your turn. I'll PM you when it is, so if you haven't been PMed saying it's your turn, it isn't your turn.
- If you do not get chosen to build, do not use this topic to complain about it to everyone. I'll try to be fair when I choose the participants, and if you want to discuss the participant selection, PM me instead.
- BasOne is not allowed to sing in any topics or PMs related to the RCB.
What to do on Your Turn:
- You will receive a PM from myself notifying you when it is your turn and containing the latest version of the model. While the model will be available for download to anyone after the completion of each turn, please do not begin work on your portion before I have sent you the PM, otherwise you might lose your work and/or things could get messy.
- Download the file I sent you and add your bricks. Make sure you follow the Building Regulations. You have three days to complete and send in your model. If you do not or cannot finish in time, you will be replaced by a reserve participant.
- The file I sent you will be named "EB_LDD_RCB3_Turn turn number". Rename the file using the appropriate Turn Number, upload it to your Brickshelf account, and PM a link back to me.
I've read and agree to all the rules and regulations- how do I sign up?
Simple. Drop me (Brickdoctor) a PM saying that you want to participate and agree to the rules and regulations. If you have a preference as to when you take your turn, also include your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for turn numbers. I cannot guarantee any particular turn. I will try to get you one of your top three choices, but understand that I can't make any promises. Also remember that I cannot be on EB 24/7 to close signups after the 20th entry, so even if you've PMed me, you are not guaranteed a spot on the roster until I send you a PM of confirmation. I wil, however, choose an additional five builders for the list of reserves. There is a limit of 20 builders, and the final decision on who to include is up to the host. (me) I will try to select an good balance of both RCB veterans and newcomers. Unlike the previous RCBS, sign-ups are not on a first-come, first-serve basis. Sign-ups will remain open for one week (until May 31, 2011). (or until 20 builders have signed up, if such has not occurred by the end of the week-long period)
- Starter Model (sign with the outpost number [928-497] and a pair of spacemen)
- - Calabar (added spaceship garage)
- - The Legonater (finished garage; began hangar)
- - slacker int (continued hangar; added storage silos and sensor tower)
- - DJ Force (continued hangar; began landing pad)
- - Captain Tamamono (finished landing pad, continued hangar)
- - Alopex (added small vehicles, continued hangar)
- - Eskallon (started command center)
- - SilentMode (added vehicles and road)
- - moop2000 (replaced lisqr who replaced legolijntje) (continued hangar)
- - MattTheLegoman (added tower, added shuttle transport, continued hanger, added Polaris hovercraft)
- - CorneliusMurdock (added Pizza Kitchen)
- - BasOne (began launch pad)
- - SpiderSpaceman (replaced Kestraltalon who replaced prateek) (began greenhouse)
- - Pirate Pete (replaced alienwar9) (added newsstand)
- - lisqr (replaced legolijntje who replaced J4ke) (added streetlights)
- - Piratedave84 (added dish; completed command center)
- - prateek (replaced wmanidi) (added minifigs and other bits here and there; finished rocket command center)
- - lalror (added floating cafe)
- - CallMePieOrDie (added construction area; completed newsstand)
- - Brickdoctor (added Classic Space statue; completed hangar)
lisqr(replaced Builder 9 legolijntje)
moop2000(replaced Reserve 1 lisqr)
Kestreltalon(replaced Builder 13 prateek)
SpiderSpaceman(replaced Reserve 3 Kestreltalon)
Pirate Pete(replaced Builder 14 alienwar9)
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to discuss here.