Darth Lion

"Hound's snout"

Heyho,

I spent a lot of time with this project so I hope you enjoy it :wink: .

ssnoutsix.jpgThe "Hound's snout" is the Personal starship of Grin Saaro, a Neimoidian bounty hunter, which has been hired by Separatist leader Nute Gunray during the Clone Wars.

ssnoutone.png

Just a little sketch of the ship

ssnouttwo.jpg

And the brick version ;-D

ssnoutthree.jpg

The rear of the spaceship

ssnoutfour.jpg

The front of the spaceship

ssnout5.jpg

Front details and engines and armory

p1000555p.jpg

shot from the side, you can see the "snout" of the ship

The "Hound's snout" was originally designed and produced by the Calamari. The original version was a freighter and unarmed but Saaro modified it because of his job. He added one torpedo thrower and one Type-3-Laser canon on each side and turned the freighter into a massive bomber. To get it into the air the ship needs a fifth engine at the rear as you can see in the pictures. It has got heavy shields and an armor, which is able to deflect weaker laser fire by itself.

Well, I hope you like it - C&C is appreciated of course. :wink:

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

Lots of grey, I love it!

I like your idea for the cockpit. I expected the upper par of the wings to move, no feature here?

Non lego-related question: how did you get the drawing effect of your first picture?

Lots of grey, I love it!

I like your idea for the cockpit. I expected the upper par of the wings to move, no feature here?

Non lego-related question: how did you get the drawing effect of your first picture?

Glad you like it. :classic:

Well, to make the upper part move you need a gap. Unfortunately this wouldn't look great but it's a feature I wanted to include because the bomber actually had been a freighter long ago.

What do you mean, I did draw it of course. This is a function of "paint.NET" - freeware. :wink:

Oh yes I see whay you mean and where the gap should be. Nice work anyway.

A very nice build. I really like the unique cockpit design, and the overall shape looks pretty good. I think a little color, and making it a little less bulky would improve it a little. Good luck.

Great job :thumbup:

Very interesting and well-designed bounty hunter starship Darth Lion! I really like the balance between a unique but still SW-looking design, and the combination of SNOT build with the right amount of detailing. Great job and best of luck! :thumbup: