[MOC] HUMVEE with turret

4 replies to this topic

#1 gcanik

gcanik

Member: 14476

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image
This is an update or Version 1.2 of my Humvee. Inspired by more U.S. Special Forces modified Humvees. I have added a turret to the top and swing arm mounted M249 to the passenger side. I also took out the dark green pieces and changed the overall camoflauge pattern by incorporating more black and dark tan colors. I think it gives it a much meaner look now with this particular color scheme. The machine gun in the turrent is also a M249 as no one out there that I know of makes a Lego version of a .50 caliber machine gun (as of yet, hope, pray, hope). The turret took me two days of off and on building to come up with the hinge design and side to side action needed to make it positionable plus the fact of how small of an area it needs to fit into but also not interfering with being able to put four minifigs in the Humvee.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image The brown monopod handle is from Brickarms, I didn't have one in black in my collection to use.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image "Hey my helmet is on backwards" I like using the flesh colored double sided faces for multiple expressions
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image The start of a convoy?

Edited by Rufus, 29 May 2011 - 10:37 AM.
Indexed

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

AWESOME mil spec vehicles and in cammo as well ! :thumbup:
Great work on detailing the front....you can see what factory they came from eh ? :grin:
Maybe I could suggest another with a chain gun on top....sorry I've watched too much Mythbusters ! :laugh:
Brick On 'gcanik' ! :grin:

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

Certainly looks better and more deadly with the added gun turret. Now you have two, I wish I could have one of that. :cry_happy:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#4 Stonir

Stonir

Member: 18115

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:52 AM

Lovely! :laugh:

#5 Mr. McDuck

Mr. McDuck

Member: 17373

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:03 AM

great!

Reply to this topic