MOC: Modular Barbershop and Nightclub

28 replies to this topic

#1 toorayay

toorayay

Member: 16184

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

Posted Image B-OM-13E

A couple of months ago I posted a couple of large MOCs I had designed (you can find them here and here.) I got some good feedback, but people were noting the lack of interiors. This is a Cafe Corner-style modular that I've been working on for a few months, and I've finally got it to where I'm ready to share it.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

A few shots of the overall building, front and back. Of course, in true modular fashion, this one comes apart at each floor. So, here it is in pieces!

Posted Image

The bottom floor is a barbershop.

Floors 2 and 3 are a nightclub with a bar level and a dance floor level.

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

And of course, it fits in with other modular buildings. Here is is wedged between Green Grocer and Grand Emporium.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The full gallery can be found at Brickshelf.

#2 Pazoozoo

Pazoozoo

Member: 14050

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

Very nice!
There is no spoon.

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Another AWESOME modular, I love the barbershop with it's curved window which gives it a little art deco feel !  :wub:
Cool looking nightclub too, dam excellent work 'toorayay' and totally Brick On ! :grin:

#4 L@go

L@go

• Awesome Sport!

Member: 9962

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:44 AM

This is just great! The colours go well together, and the facade is very well designed without being overly detailed. I love those decorations over the top floor windows. That newspaper vending machine is a very nice touch, and whatever that piece is above the entrance to the nightclub, it looks good as a decoration. And I love that rain gutter and the container in the back!

But for me, the pièce de résistance of this MOC is, as with so many others, the interior. So many great details! Using Technic seats for barbershop chairs is brilliant, as is the use of capes for curtains - especially those black ones on the top floor. The pool table and cue rack idea is very well executed, and the DJ stand and disco ball... fab.

This is a classy MOC. Very well done!

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image

flickr

#5 Treadwah

Treadwah

Member: 14394

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

Wow, that babershop is stunning. Bravo  :thumbup:

#6 Roodaksta

Roodaksta

Member: 17458

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:39 AM

Quite impressive MOC Toorayay. The use of the curved window is what truly stood out to me. The small greebling you did on the sides of the door was a nice little touch you added to the model. Simply genius work.
"When I was 5 my mother told me happiness is the most important thing of life. When I was told to write what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wrote down Be happy. They told me I didn't understand the question, I told them they didn't understand life."
             -John Lennon

#7 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:15 AM

Awesome build 'toorayay'. Terrific job on the detailed interior. I especially like the work on the barbershop. Very nice :classic:
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#8 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Very impressive build toorayay! I simply love that barbershop, you really got the details very accurately in brickbuild. The nightclub is very well done too, I particularly like the use of the solar domes for the disco ball. Excellent work overall! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#9 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

Member: 13204

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Very cool toorayay! The nice detailing such as on the stairs
makes this really realistic. Great work. :thumbup:
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#10 AussieJimbo

AussieJimbo

Member: 14681

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:55 AM

Great modular building, toorayay.

Plenty of space and entertainment for the party goers and that barber shop with the tiled, recessed entrance and that beautiful curved window is just superb.

Very well done.

:classic: :classic:

#11 jth781

jth781

Member: 15284

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

Great Baber Shop ! I love the colors you used also.

#12 pdxa4

pdxa4

Member: 17693

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

Wonderful building...

#13 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

Wow, this is a really nice mudular building. Good job :thumbup:  I really like the tiled floor and the pooltable, but everything else is great aswell.
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 cimddwc

cimddwc

Member: 14872

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Great building, especially with the barbershop's front, great interior  :thumbup:

#15 Sered

Sered

Member: 14430

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Great job, the barber shop is awesome.

I really like the pool!  :thumbup:

#16 chroute

chroute

Member: 15022

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Nice MOC! It's a clean building and it looks nice next to the green grocer and the emporium. I also like the details in the backyard. Keep up the good work!

#17 Mrcool1804

Mrcool1804

Member: 9414

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

View PostRoodaksta, on 13 May 2011 - 01:39 AM, said:

Quite impressive MOC Toorayay. The use of the curved window is what truly stood out to me. The small greebling you did on the sides of the door was a nice little touch you added to the model. Simply genius work.

Agree 100%

#18 Mr Benn

Mr Benn

Member: 16838

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Loving the barbershop, looks great with the tiled flooring and the exterior!  The interior of the nightclub is great too - wondering if you couldn't design a rooftop area for your club too for your legotown denizens to chill out in - after all, I hear that smoking is banned inside all clubs in legoland too but statistically some of the little guys are bound to be smokers after all ;-)

#19 AwesomeTaylor

AwesomeTaylor

Member: 15817

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

I love the little barber shop, great details! I have also designed a night-club MOC, just waiting on some more orders to come from BrickLink! I was interested to see how you had approached some of your details so that I could compare it to my own ideas! :D

#20 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Excellent work. Your best modular yet in my view. I really like the use of the big curved window on the barber shop and the use of those mudguard pieces on the facade is inspired. But also the interior, especially that of the ground floor, turned out great. :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

#21 SjoMiLu

SjoMiLu

Member: 17765

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

i really love the details in this building, excellent job!!!  :thumbup:

And i also have i question, as i am fairly new here, and only just started building lego (again),i would really love to know the item-number of the curved window, it would fit wonderfully in the restaurant i'm currently building  :sweet:

#22 Zorbas

Zorbas

• Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Beautiful work toorayay. The colours you've used produce a very nice result (red with blue look great together) and the interior details are fantastic. I too agree that the Barber Shop is the highlight here and the tiled floor makes it stand out.

View PostSjoMiLu, on 15 May 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

And i also have i question, as i am fairly new here, and only just started building lego (again),i would really love to know the item-number of the curved window, it would fit wonderfully in the restaurant i'm currently building  :sweet:

Welcome (back) to LEGO and to Eurobricks SjoMiLu, enjoy your stay with us. You can always introduce yourself here if you like.

The piece you're looking for is this one. It looks just great when placed horizontally. :thumbup:
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#23 SjoMiLu

SjoMiLu

Member: 17765

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Welcome (back) to LEGO and to Eurobricks SjoMiLu, enjoy your stay with us. You can always introduce yourself [url="http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=17"]here[/url] if you like.

The piece you're looking for is [url="http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2572&in=S"]this one.[/url] It looks just great when placed horizontally. :thumbup:
[/quote]

thank you! I'll introduce myself properly in time  :laugh:

#24 Man with a hat

Man with a hat

Member: 15917

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Great Modular! The front facade is awesome. But most of all I like the barber shop. It is perferct.

#25 toorayay

toorayay

Member: 16184

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

I posted this here last year. Now I have put it on Cuusoo so it can be voted on. I don't anticipate 10,000 votes, but it's a nice pipe dream. Cehck it out and vote if you like:

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/11851

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users