Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest
[CATEGORY B Entries]
Get ready for a contest so exciting that you'll fourget your headgear!
Category B - Build the first Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1
Build an 16x16 vignette from any theme where you could display a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be part of the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.
What are you going to design and build for your first Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 in Category B?
Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician
Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy
Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire
Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier
Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper
Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot
Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player
Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker
*IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE CATEGORY B RULES VERY CAREFULLY OR IT WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION*
Category B - The Rules
- Build a vignette that display a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be part of the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1. The vignette measures 16 studs by 16 studs (No height limit).
- You are required to design a complete customised unique 16 LEGO collectable minifigures that will be featured in the inaugural launch of the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.
- The vignette and the customised Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 will be evaluated as a whole.
- The vignette can be of any themes that will allow you to showcase the Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1 in the best possible presentation.
- This is a combination of both building contest and minifigures customisation. Be creative and use your imagination to put your ideas together to showcase your ideal Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1.
- You must state and provide a name and short descriptions of all 16 Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures in your entry.
- Inappropriate and licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc creations are not allowed. If you think LEGO is likely to release it as part of their regular designs, then it is likely to be appropriate, otherwise please ask if you are unsure.
- A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigure accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
- No Series 4 minifigures are allowed. You may not use the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 4 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, but not new ones from Series 4 like the electric guitar, rapier, for example. Please note Series 1, 2 and 3 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
- Official TLG stickers are allowed.
- Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden.
- Entries must be new customs. Any entry published online prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified.
- You may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text description below by stating the parts used for each customised minifigures if any and to give due credit for it. In summary, you may only used your own designed decals and not others. If you are using actual custom plastic items, be sure to state them clearly in your entry description.
- There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
- Entries are to be posted in this topic.
- One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette together with the completed Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures Series 1. You may include up to 4 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
- Digital backgrounds are allowed.
- No LDD entries.
- Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
- No digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed.
- No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
- The contest begins now and will end on the 20th of June, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
- In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
- Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.
It's just that simple!
Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...
Edited by Rufus, 11 May 2011 - 10:43 PM.
Update of rules