Jump to content


help please!


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic  – Started by Bjornu , May 03 2011 04:42 PM

#1 Bjornu

Bjornu
  • Bucket Swivel


    Posts: 302
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17576
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Well people im new to this forum,
i've made a new creation, and i would like to post it on the Moc forum.
i deeplinked photos from brickshelf, but it says im not allowed to use these photo's on this board.
how can i post my new creation?  
im getting frustrated with this....
Help me please?
VOC Duit from 1734, My lucky coin   Posted Image

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor
  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21619
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like you're trying to deeplink the page they're embedded on on Brickshelf and not the file itself. See here for exact instructions on deeplinking from BS.

#3 Bjornu

Bjornu
  • Bucket Swivel


    Posts: 302
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17576
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 03 May 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

Sounds like you're trying to deeplink the page they're embedded on on Brickshelf and not the file itself. See here for exact instructions on deeplinking from BS.

Well its says: You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

This is the actual Story i would like to post:"
**********************************************************************************************************
Well people,

this is going to be my first MOC im posting on the internet.
first i have to tell, i had a big free space in my room where actually nothing was placed.
when this was looking pretty sad, i decided to dig up my lego pirates from the attic.

First i'll Show a picture of the Sad space... (a redcoat is standing in the space)

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012495[/img

After digging up the pirate lego, i splitted everything up to theme.
Now i have Castle lego and Pirate lego for building up my new Fort.

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012496[/img

From this day, a small caravan of Bluecoats arive at the Empty space.
Thinking of what a beautiful fort could be placed here.
See the bluecoats arrive at the Empty Space:
( Notice that i use blue shoulders instead of red ones, Just because i like the blue more actually)

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012497[/img

After taking a Look at the Empty space, the scouts decided to send a Caravan of Workers to build up a fort in this region.

After working for several hours a small port has already risen from the ground.
( i apologize i left a glass above the fort)

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012499[/img

First the Workers have to Report to the Officer in Charge,who is sitting behind his desk inside a cot.

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012500[/img

After reporting the goods the workers carry with them, they can be stored in the Store-tower.
A Wooden crane is able to pick heavy lasts, having a counter-weight to balance.

[img]http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5012501[/img


Well, after a day of work i have to say im back on track again!! (or do i have to say, On Sails again)

I hope You like the start on my fort, Feel free to comment!  :thumbup:
*****************************************************************************************************************

What am i doing wrong? ( NOTICE i removed a ] behind every [/img
VOC Duit from 1734, My lucky coin   Posted Image

#4 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor
  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21619
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

Did you read the tutorial I linked to? If you did, you would have know you were linking to this and not this. (the latter is correct)

Deeplinking the correct URL results in:
Posted Image
With this code:
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bjornu/Pirates/snc00083.jpg[/img]


#5 Bjornu

Bjornu
  • Bucket Swivel


    Posts: 302
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17576
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

it worked out really well !

now i have another question, ive posted the begin of the fort.
what should i do to post the completed fort ? ( remove the under construction post an post a new one or what should i do?)
VOC Duit from 1734, My lucky coin   Posted Image

#6 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

View PostBjornu, on 04 May 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

it worked out really well !

now i have another question, ive posted the begin of the fort.
what should i do to post the completed fort ? ( remove the under construction post an post a new one or what should i do?)
Actually it did not work out too well, you used the url that is in the address bar when scrolling through your brickshelf pictures.  You need to right click the picture and use that url.  You might notice your images do not show up, and the forum gives you the error message that the url you used is invalid. I would review the tutorial that brickdoctor supplied you to get a better understanding of how it should look when you are done.

As for your question, you can edit your post to add more pictures, a new thread is not needed.  You can ask for a change in the thread title too if you feel that is needed to acutely describe your MOC.

#7 Bjornu

Bjornu
  • Bucket Swivel


    Posts: 302
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17576
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 04 May 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Actually it did not work out too well, you used the url that is in the address bar when scrolling through your brickshelf pictures.  You need to right click the picture and use that url.  You might notice your images do not show up, and the forum gives you the error message that the url you used is invalid. I would review the tutorial that brickdoctor supplied you to get a better understanding of how it should look when you are done.

As for your question, you can edit your post to add more pictures, a new thread is not needed.  You can ask for a change in the thread title too if you feel that is needed to acutely describe your MOC.

well, the pictures actually do show up and people are commenting on the pictures.
well thanks for the help I'm not so good with instructions :P
VOC Duit from 1734, My lucky coin   Posted Image

#8 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostBjornu, on 04 May 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

well, the pictures actually do show up and people are commenting on the pictures.
well thanks for the help I'm not so good with instructions :P
The pictures show up when you click the links but you failed to deep link them.

#9 Bjornu

Bjornu
  • Bucket Swivel


    Posts: 302
    Joined: 01-May 11
    Member: 17576
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 05 May 2011 - 03:04 AM, said:

The pictures show up when you click the links but you failed to deep link them.

I don't understand you, i clearly see pictures of my creations....
VOC Duit from 1734, My lucky coin   Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links