Krizzik Velari's Airtaxi

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

• Sociological Experiment Administrator

Member: 10671

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Krizzik Velari was a Jedi assigned to protecting Senator's on Coruscant during the Clone Wars - to blend in she acquired a Coruscant Air Taxi for use in transporting Senators 'In plain sight'.

Posted Image
Jedi Airtaxi 1 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr
Posted Image
Jedi Airtaxi 2 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr
Posted Image
Jedi Airtaxi 3 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr
Posted Image
Jedi Airtaxi 4 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr
Posted Image
Jedi Airtaxi 5 by The Solitary Dark, on Flickr

Krizzik was a humanoid Jedi who was a contemporary of Obi-wan Kenobi. At the time of the Clone Wars she was assigned to Senatorial protection at the request of Bail Organa and the Jedi Council, to protect Senator's who were secretly supporting the opposition to Palpatine and his growing powers. Organa had become concerned with the number of assasination attempts being made, and felt that the Jedi were the only ones who could be trusted to protect those senators who were vociferous against Palpatine.
Krizzik had the idea for using Coruscant air taxi's as transport, as they would blend in easily with other vehicles in use in the Coruscant highways, where other senatorial transports tended to be conspicous by their design, and so obvious targets to bounty hunters.
At some point she was assigned a clone detail as support, despite her protests that this would ruin her disguise, and of close when order 66 was issued her clone turned on her and shot her, causing the airtaxi to crash, killing her, the clone and the Senator from Plittik who was a passenger.

I cannot remeber seeing many MOC's of this type of vehicle, but I quite like the Coruscant designs, so this contest was the perfect excuse to try and come up with a design for one of these. It will seat 7 minifigures at a push, 6 comfortably, and the bodywork is almost completely SNOT.

I had fun making this MOC, and will probably keep it intact and add it into my son's SW collection.

#2 Stardusty

Stardusty

Member: 14245

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

First one note: Subject shoudl be name of the vehicle and other thing, written with small letters should be
'Character Rides Personal Vehicle' (in this case). :classic:

Anyway, your MOC looks great, especially when looked from above.

Last picture made my day. :laugh:
"To build, or not to build, that is the question."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

View Postmookage, on 29 April 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

I cannot remeber seeing many MOC's of this type of vehicle, but I quite like the Coruscant designs, so this contest was the perfect excuse to try and come up with a design for one of these. It will seat 7 minifigures at a push, 6 comfortably, and the bodywork is almost completely SNOT.
Great entry mookage! I'm really diggin' this entry a lot, because like you I'm fond of Coruscant vehicles, and I'm glad to see someone make this in brickbuild, and you've certainly made a good rendition of the Coruscant Air Taxi. (I was actually thinking of doing my own version too before to complement my Jedi Shuttle Bus). Excellent work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

BTW, I changed the title according to the rules, but you'll have to ask KimT to change the subtitle since it's beyond my powers.

#4 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:32 PM

That is a realy nice SNOT airspeeder mookage (BTW the BD's arms are on the wrong way round :grin:).
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

That's a really good entry Mookage and nice SNOT work.  :thumbup:

If you add it to your son's collection, will it stay intact?
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#6 Solitary Dark

Solitary Dark

• Sociological Experiment Administrator

Member: 10671

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 29 April 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

Great entry mookage! I'm really diggin' this entry a lot, because like you I'm fond of Coruscant vehicles, and I'm glad to see someone make this in brickbuild, and you've certainly made a good rendition of the Coruscant Air Taxi. (I was actually thinking of doing my own version too before to complement my Jedi Shuttle Bus). Excellent work and best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

BTW, I changed the title according to the rules, but you'll have to ask KimT to change the subtitle since it's beyond my powers.
Thanks!
Actually I was thinking about your Jedi Shuttle Bus when I built this - It was one of the Inspirations for my backstory - so double thanks! (That's a lovely model by the way)

View PostPraiter Yed, on 29 April 2011 - 03:48 PM, said:

That's a really good entry Mookage and nice SNOT work.  :thumbup:

If you add it to your son's collection, will it stay intact?
Actualy he's pretty good! He turns 8 this week, but keeps everything in perfect condition! Especially his Star Wars sets. He stores his sets unbuilt in bags with the instructions!

#7 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:31 PM

View Postmookage, on 29 April 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Actualy he's pretty good! He turns 8 this week, but keeps everything in perfect condition! Especially his Star Wars sets. He stores his sets unbuilt in bags with the instructions!
:grin:  One day, he is going to be a wealthy man.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#8 Solscud007

Solscud007

Member: 12637

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Very nicely done. I like how well the figures can sit in the taxi.

#9 Pilotdude

Pilotdude

Member: 17538

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

Lots of SNOT :)

#10 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

AWESOME airtaxi 'mookage', the SNOT work is great and yes that parting shot....well, that droid was told to stick close to them.....er, roger, roger ! :laugh:
Good luck and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

#11 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

Added to the index
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image