Obi-Wan's BARC speeder

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Obi-Wan's BARC speeder (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you vote for this MOC?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No-needs work (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Maybe (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Member: 13835

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

Hello everybody! As my entry to the personal speeders contest, I present to you a BARC speeder that differs from all the other ones I've made. I built it for aesthetics, because it's a contest. I wanted people to like the model, and most people aren't as into accuracy, so I thought this would be the best way to go. I hope you like it, and tell me what could be improved to be worthy of your vote  :classic:  
Posted Image
I used a SNOT bottom, with angled plates to get that nice smooth look. I also built the front on a Technic pin, while it left that little gap on the top, it allowed for the bit that sticks out at the front to be shown.

How's this Obis? He rode one on Christophisis to penetrate CIS headquarters, only to be ambushed by Asajj-Ventress.

Thanks for looking! C&C welcome as usual.  :sweet:

Edited by DobbyClone, 02 May 2011 - 01:46 AM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#2 Artizan

Artizan

Member: 3274

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

looks nice, does it fit minifigs? i'd like to see obi riding this.

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

Very nice entry, I think it's really a great move to do something that is one of your strengths (BARCs), and even better is you went with aesthetics over accuracy this time - and it does look really good. While 'real' SW vehicles are perfectly acceptable entries, my main concern about this is it may be viewed by the voters as something unoriginal as the other entries which are new and fresh designs. Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking BARC (and one of the better entries so far), but I feel it's a bit safe for a contest entry. But it's up to the voting public on what they think, and you still have two other categories which you could enter something original. BTW, since it's a "Character" Rides Contest, you should put your Obi-Wan character there for technicality's sake. Anyway, great job on this entry and best of luck! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#4 Captain Bayonet

Captain Bayonet

Member: 10460

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

You my friend, have a talent when it comes to BARCs, and this one is no different! Well done.

~Bayonet
Lover of Cheese

#5 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:56 AM

Very nice entry.  This looks more accurate than most BARC's out there, and that wasn't even your goal.  Very impressive work, but I think it would help your entry if you added Obi, even if he was just besides the speeder.  Good luck!

Great job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#6 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

View PostArtizan, on 28 April 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

looks nice, does it fit minifigs? i'd like to see obi riding this.
Yes. The 1x2 tile is replaced with a jumper. The minifig torso is clipped with a 1x2 plate(desired belt color)to attach it. Then the legs are put on the 1x1 grey clips  :classic:

View PostKielDaMan, on 28 April 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

Very nice entry, I think it's really a great move to do something that is one of your strengths (BARCs), and even better is you went with aesthetics over accuracy this time - and it does look really good. While 'real' SW vehicles are perfectly acceptable entries, my main concern about this is it may be viewed by the voters as something unoriginal as the other entries which are new and fresh designs. Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking BARC (and one of the better entries so far), but I feel it's a bit safe for a contest entry. But it's up to the voting public on what they think, and you still have two other categories which you could enter something original. BTW, since it's a "Character" Rides Contest, you should put your Obi-Wan character there for technicality's sake. Anyway, great job on this entry and best of luck! :thumbup:
Thanks KDM! That was one of my concerns, originality, what would all you guys like to see? Any personal opinions? It's not too late to change...

View PostCaptain Bayonet, on 28 April 2011 - 01:38 AM, said:

You my friend, have a talent when it comes to BARCs, and this one is no different! Well done.

~Bayonet
Thanks, practice makes perfect!

View Postdarth yogi, on 28 April 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

Very nice entry.  This looks more accurate than most BARC's out there, and that wasn't even your goal.  Very impressive work, but I think it would help your entry if you added Obi, even if he was just besides the speeder.  Good luck!

Great job :thumbup:
I'll try and get one up  :sweet:
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

#7 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

View PostDobbyClone, on 28 April 2011 - 02:11 AM, said:

Thanks KDM! That was one of my concerns, originality, what would all you guys like to see? Any personal opinions? It's not too late to change...
I think that's the 'mystery' of this contest, people will have varying opinion on what's a good entry or not, whether it's an original concept or a version of a real vehicle. Personally, I would prefer a newly-designed vehicle, but your BARC is already a great-looking model as it is that it's a shame you'd have to modify or scrap it just for an original one. I would suggest that you keep this one for the speeder category, and make something original for the other categories. At least, you'll cover up both the 'original entry' and 'realistic rendition' schools of thought.

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#8 The Caped Crusader

The Caped Crusader

Member: 14010

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

Very nice entry brickartist/dobbyclone ! I actually like it better than your standard one , as that was too detailed for my taste ! I wish you good luck and hope that the entry is accepted !

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him...because he can take it
...because he's not a hero...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight" - James "Jim" Gordon
Posted Image

The Batpod by caped_crusader, on Flickr

#9 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

You're BARC-ing mad DobbyClone  :grin: - Sorry :sceptic: .

I've just had a sneaky look at your version 6 BARC (was that the last one? - I hadn't seen it before).

As with most vehicles of the PT/ CW I have to start by saying I'm not overly familiar with them so in no way could I get embroiled in the whole 'accuracy' thing. I will say that I think this new one looks better than version 6, much smoother and a tad more colourful.  :thumbup:

I would like to see more images from different angles though - in particular a front-on view.

Edited by Praiter Yed, 29 April 2011 - 08:16 PM.

Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#10 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

I should have know you made a BARC-speeder, it looks good.

Good luck in the contest.
I think you have made all possible BARC-speeders, except a mini version

Edited by Blackknight112, 29 April 2011 - 09:42 PM.

Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Solscud007

Solscud007

Member: 12637

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Very nice looking. too bad mini figs dont fit on it.

#12 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Excellent speeder 'DobbyClone', I really like the controls....they look more genuine than the Lego designed ones. Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

#13 Pilotdude

Pilotdude

Member: 17538

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I love to like the way the throttles look.

Personally as far as things to make it better, i would like to see more veiws, including the bottom and your SNOT.

Great entry and good luck.

#14 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:16 AM

View Postuɐɯɐpןǝıʞ, on 28 April 2011 - 02:18 AM, said:

I think that's the 'mystery' of this contest, people will have varying opinion on what's a good entry or not, whether it's an original concept or a version of a real vehicle. Personally, I would prefer a newly-designed vehicle, but your BARC is already a great-looking model as it is that it's a shame you'd have to modify or scrap it just for an original one. I would suggest that you keep this one for the speeder category, and make something original for the other categories. At least, you'll cover up both the 'original entry' and 'realistic rendition' schools of thought.
That's what I'll try and do, I'm terrible at fanon, but we'll see  :laugh:

View PostTroopmaker, on 28 April 2011 - 11:46 PM, said:

Very nice entry brickartist/dobbyclone ! I actually like it better than your standard one , as that was too detailed for my taste ! I wish you good luck and hope that the entry is accepted !
Thanks! Having made 8(?) BARCs, I figured there'd be something for everyone by now.

View PostPraiter Yed, on 29 April 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

You're BARC-ing mad DobbyClone  :grin: - Sorry :sceptic: .

I've just had a sneaky look at your version 6 BARC (was that the last one? - I hadn't seen it before).

As with most vehicles of the PT/ CW I have to start by saying I'm not overly familiar with them so in no way could I get embroiled in the whole 'accuracy' thing. I will say that I think this new one looks better than version 6, much smoother and a tad more colourful.  :thumbup:

I would like to see more images from different angles though - in particular a front-on view.
Thanks yed! The V6 was an EB post. I'll take more pics when I can.

View PostBlackknight112, on 29 April 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

I should have know you made a BARC-speeder, it looks good.

Good luck in the contest.
I think you have made all possible BARC-speeders, except a mini version
Ah, next time  :tongue:

View PostSolscud007, on 29 April 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

View Postlightningtiger, on 29 April 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Excellent speeder 'DobbyClone', I really like the controls....they look more genuine than the Lego designed ones. Good luck in the contest and may the brick be with you ! :grin:
Thanks. The controls are the element that have remained in each version, needless to say, I like them too  :sweet:

View PostPilotdude, on 01 May 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

I love to like the way the throttles look.

Personally as far as things to make it better, i would like to see more veiws, including the bottom and your SNOT.

Great entry and good luck.
Thanks, I'll try to take more pics.

View PostSolscud007, on 29 April 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

It can, I just have stick a jumper on the seat. Posted Image

#15 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

New poll is up-Please vote, and be honest. It helps me a to to be able to cage weather or now I need to work on this.  :classic:

#16 Solscud007

Solscud007

Member: 12637

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:54 AM

A jumper? the pic is a little too small. Can I see it bigger with a figure on it?

#17 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

View PostSolscud007, on 02 May 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

A jumper? the pic is a little too small. Can I see it bigger with a figure on it?
A jumper is a 1x2 tile, with 1 stud in the middle. Link(Big Pic). The middle of the black 1x2 on the figs torso interlocks at a 90 degree angle to attach the fig. Then the legs are taken off of the figs hips to be put on the pedals  :classic:

I'll try and take more pics of this when I can. My next entry will be up soon  :sweet:

#18 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Added to the index
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image