Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Boba Fett's Mandalorian Battle Armor

Boba Fett's hodge podge Mandalorian armor is fine for handling your average run of the mill nerf herding smuggler and his hairy behemoth side kick. But what does Boba use when capturing larger prey? Why his Mandalorian Battle Armor!!!

Here is the final product. I added a main weapon and wrist mounted dual flame throwers.

img3425mf.jpg

img3412u.jpg

img3417f.jpg

Here you can see the hatch opened back and the controls flipped forward to allow access into the mech.

img3419e.jpg

The one aspect I am very proud of, is that I can accommodate Boba Fett with his old helmet/backpack

img3420v.jpg

Here you can see how well his backpack fits inside the mech cockpit.

img3421n.jpg

I spent some time redesigning the jetpack to make it more solid. Before the bottom half of the pack was held by only one stud. But now it is held by the 1x4 smooth plate.

img3422q.jpg

And of course the secret weapon, the mech can turn into a 4 legged tank and fire the rocket turret.

img3427nk.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

This is one of the best entry's yet, great job :thumbup:

I was unsure about building a mecha, but you convinced me, they can turn out awesome :grin:

This is one of the best entry's yet, great job :thumbup:

I was unsure about building a mecha, but you convinced me, they can turn out awesome :grin:

Nice mech, while I'm not usually one for that fanon stuff, this is pretty cool. Good luck.

Very well done Solscud! It's nice to see a rare mech vehicle in the SW universe, and this one looks really good with the play features and consistent Boba-ish color scheme. Great job and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Very well done Solscud! It's nice to see a rare mech vehicle in the SW universe, and this one looks really good with the play features and consistent Boba-ish color scheme. Great job and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Thanks. I figure if they can make two legged walkers, why not add limbs to it?

*oh2* I was planning to do something like this as well, except for Vader!

Hope you won't be offended if I keep planning on doing one :sceptic:

kind of reminds me of MechWarriors Great game, Nice work!

*oh2* I was planning to do something like this as well, except for Vader!

Hope you won't be offended if I keep planning on doing one :sceptic:

Bring it ON!!!! haha. I would like to see your take on a Vader mech. Build it and we can have a battle royale!!!

Actually I'm not the biggest fan of mechs, but this one looks great. I am a Boba Fett fan and I'm sure, he'd love to own something like that. There are some very nice details who made him look like a real Boba-robot. I love the jetpack.

The pictures are very good, too. Nice work!

-Bane

Just read your post about mis-reading the competition deadline :grin: - Nothing like working under pressure to create good results. I really like your Mech - spot-on for Boba :thumbup:

Just read your post about mis-reading the competition deadline :grin: - Nothing like working under pressure to create good results. I really like your Mech - spot-on for Boba :thumbup:

Haha yeah I goofed. I thought the deadline was April 23. I thought to myself, "Boy, that is not a lot of time. One week? Oh well gotta see if I can scrounge for parts. " I harvested parts from a lot of my sets.

An uncanny resemblance to his beskar'gam and very well done on the whole! Keep em' coming!

Keep the Brick Alive!

~Bayonet

Thanks. I had to google "beskar'gam" haha. But that is the look I was going for.

Superb looking mech Solscud - you've managed integrate Boba's colour scheme and the elements of his equipment into the suit really well. I also like how the suit looks reminds me of a gorilla in it's walking tank mode, adds an extra dimension to the design. Was that intentional?

Best of luck in the contest!

Superb looking mech Solscud - you've managed integrate Boba's colour scheme and the elements of his equipment into the suit really well. I also like how the suit looks reminds me of a gorilla in it's walking tank mode, adds an extra dimension to the design. Was that intentional?

Best of luck in the contest!

Thanks.

The gorilla aesthetic was unintentional. I had built something similar to this in LDD but you lose a sense of understanding and connection with the piece until it is physically in your hands.

I did not know it could bend over and walk on all fours like I had posed it. I had an idea that it could but not until I built it, could I prove it.

However you are not the only one who noticed the Gorilla look. My fiancee said the same thing when I showed her the pictures.

Edited by Solscud007