Duck

The Sardines Revenge

thindexedgif.gif 113D

Ahoy!

The latest installment of Brickington Sails Forth involves Captain Brickington taking command of a pirate ship with the infamous name "The Sardines Revenge". So, as promised, here is the ship for viewing!

5626831647_59604c56df_z.jpg

The ship, prior to the brickflick storyline, was commanded by Captain Blankhat, pictured here with the ships cook. The rigging is my first attempt at custom rigging, and i'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

5627172152_9930c61cb4.jpg

5626770599_626b81893a.jpg

A view of the ship from a few different angles from the introduction picture:

5627209738_6e8566ca48.jpg

5627206154_08bbbbae11.jpg

5627198344_826353f1d1.jpg

5627170394_a5f0db9c3e.jpg

Atop the foremast we have the lookout, One Legged Billy! (The name doesnt make sense? Watch the brickflick! :) )

5626610947_f9e0034e67.jpg

Testing out the cannons we have One Hand Jack and One Eyed Pete (Again, watch the Brickflick!). I used a slightly modified version of Mateo1130's custom cannon, so credit to him for the original design, which i made slightly more slimlined so it only occupied four studs of space on the smaller hulled ships deck. The Sardines Revenge is designed as a close-quarters pirate ship, and so does not have any heavier, longer-range cannons on the lower decks - this makes the ship faster due to lack of weight, but also means that the lower decks are entirely for living and cargo purposes, creating alot more space!

5627218942_7fee64040c.jpg

First Mate Hatty is currently the helmsman (The crew of The Sardines Revenge, being the typical pirates that they are, arent too imaginative with their nicknames!).

5626627253_4ba28843fb.jpg

Access to the Captains Cabin, due to the small size of the ship, is through the lower decks, which are accessed via a hatch at the front of the ship. (Appologies for the flash, it was the only way to make this hatch clear!).

5627186174_7ccc51fea7.jpg

The Captains Cabin windows slope outwards at the back to create a little extra room for the Captain in what would otherwise be a rather crampt space.

5627180082_def8150951.jpg

And finally, to demonstrate how the cannons are designed to fit the ship much better than the standard sized cannons, here is a scene of the ships crew firing them. Note how there is just enough space to reload after the recoil, something which would not be possible with six standard sized cannons on the smaller hull.

5626663929_13a1b3cfd3.jpg

5627230352_45de4964ec.jpg

5627256262_b952811c02.jpg

Now that you've seen those pics, please do me the honour of watching the Blickflick, if you have the time!

Let me know what you think of both the ship and the brickflick!

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Should you want them, these images are available in larger sizes on my Flickr :)

I know this is dwarfed into insignificance by the review of the Queen Annes Revenge, but one hundred and fourty views and not one comment on a ship MOC? Unheard of! :pir-cry_sad:

Well sorry about that. :pir_laugh2: I do like the ship actually, the shape is very good and the name in very umm... unique i could say? The crew s names are funnily flippered (If that is a word) And the film is just great. All i wish now at you would make more of these! And what about those mysterios chinese pirates, one on the pirate kings? What hes up to? Will he try to get all the honour and loot to him self? Does he try to stop them or are they willing to help them? But what if they want to rob and take over the whole ship? Find out in the NEXT EPISODE! Ok, sorry about that, just couldnt resist :pir_laugh2:

Captain Becker

It's a nice MOC, best suited for the movies you are making, which are quite funny, too!!! My personal favorite are the black sail. Nice work there, what are they made of? Some sort of felt?

Well sorry about that. :pir_laugh2: I do like the ship actually, the shape is very good and the name in very umm... unique i could say? The crew s names are funnily flippered (If that is a word) And the film is just great. All i wish now at you would make more of these! And what about those mysterios chinese pirates, one on the pirate kings? What hes up to? Will he try to get all the honour and loot to him self? Does he try to stop them or are they willing to help them? But what if they want to rob and take over the whole ship? Find out in the NEXT EPISODE! Ok, sorry about that, just couldnt resist :pir_laugh2:

Captain Becker

:pir_laugh2: Thanks for the advert Becker! :pir-tongue:. The next episode should be on the way in the next couple of weeks! I'm currently enjoying the challenge of attempting to make some epic ninja-stunts! All will be revealed soon! :thumbup:

It's a nice MOC, best suited for the movies you are making, which are quite funny, too!!! My personal favorite are the black sail. Nice work there, what are they made of? Some sort of felt?

Indeed! They are made out of black felt which i picked up in A4 size from Hobbycraft for 25p a sheet! I feel they fit the ship well, and are a cheap yet effective way of making custom sails for ships which arent designed to be 100% accurate of real ships :pir-sweet:. Glad you like the films!

I think you did a fantastic job given the bricks you have available.

Thanks! Indeed, the only bits i actually had to order in specially were the bricks for the cannons, as i liked mateo's design so much - the rest was all from the boxes of lego stored under my bed which greatly irriate my girlfriend - i'll win her over one day! :pir-tongue:

Shes a really beuty! :pir-wub:

Glad that you like her! :)

One thing I've realised that I didn't really work on was the rudder. Do people think it looks okay without a moveable one or should I add one?

One thing I've realised that I didn't really work on was the rudder. Do people think it looks okay without a moveable one or should I add one?

The ship is fine whitout it :pir-classic: The ship stern hull piece already gives some sort of illusion of the rudder, and i think adding it would only make the ship look a bit ugly.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker