Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

MINI Millennium Falcon (YT-1300 Transport)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody,

It's a great pleasure to me to reveal the 200th MINI model of my ongoing project to you. When I started mini modeling 8 years ago, I had no idea that this would be my main building business one day. But I still like it. So I guess the project will go on. :classic:

This is a very special model, as probably everyone knows it. The Millennium Falcon is presumably the most popular starship from the entire Star Wars saga, and its history beyond the movies is very exciting as well. But that's a different story. :classic:

There are many many other MINI representations of this particular starship on the web, The more difficult it was to choose a building style that had not been used before and to create yet another unique miniaturization of the Millennium Falcon. :classic:

Images first this time, and then a few words on the construction. :classic:

falcon-08.jpg

falcon-01.jpg

falcon-09.jpg

falcon-03.jpg

falcon-10.jpg

The construction is small and compact, but nonetheless allowed for a maximum level of reconizable details: Cockpit, deflector shield generators, top and belly laser turret, radar dish. Everything could be added! The inner construction si more complex than it looks from the outside. It features a partial studs inversion for the rear part, but not for the front part, as well as a reduction from 6 to 5 studs (even to uneven studs junction). The studs inversion is realized by using 1x1 plates with thick clip ring, where the rings is exactly the height of one plate. These hold also the escape pods, so it's a piece with double effect. The studs junction uses one of my favourite pieces - the 3x2 plate with hole. :classic:

One of the instruction images shows the description best:

falcon-instr-05.jpg

With that I am done for now. I hope to provide many more models for this great community in future! :classic:

Have a great sunday,

yours Christopher.

This is great and instantly recognisable mini MF.

Your mini models always amaze me. Technicue used on back part is great!

Good job Legostein.

First, let me congratulate you Christopher/Legostein for your 200th mini-MOC, it has really been our pleasure to witness your excellent creations at this building scale which you have certainly made as your field of expertise during these past years. :thumbup:

As for the model, I was honestly surprised that you haven't made the mini version of this iconic SW ship yet until now. (Or did I miss a previous version of this one from you?). As always, this is a great mini representation of the real MF, and you even got some unconventional building techniques even at such a small scale. Impressive work as usual and looking forward for more creations from you in the future.

Great 200th MOC Legostein! So detailed! A bit smaller then I would have built it but it's just the size for your builds. :thumbup: And I would love to see picture of all 200 minis you've have built. :classic:

Congratulations on your 200th MINI, Legostein! :sweet:

Man, I would never have guessed that this was the ship you'd be making. I always assumed you'd already made one. But in any case, it's a beautiful MINI. Mandibles are a tad thick to me, but it doesn't really detract at all from the model as a whole.

200 models, simply amazing, and this is a worthy celebration of that number.

When you asked in the AAT-thread if anyone could guess what the 200th mini would be, the Falcon was my initial suspicion, but I couldn't have imagined a great model like this.

Two things 'Legostein', one....AWESOME again from your genius and two, congrats on 200 mini's MOC's....hopefully many more in the future. :classic:

May the brick be with you ! :grin:

This is a great MTT Legostein can I have my free instructions :grin:.

Nar seriously great MF, the dish is a good compromise and the SNOT work on the bits at the side are great, but it looks a little underscaled

I have loved seeing your minis from the day I joined, it's amazing to think this is the 200th one.

I remember sometimes you'd post 9 at a time, so this is no surprise, and as always I love how you use so few pieces yet still capture so much of the details.

Hello everybody,

thank you for all the nice comments! Of course I will continue with the mini project. :classic: But as more and more models were finished, I already had some thoughts of what to do next. :wink:

Cheers, and see you around,

~ Christopher

Hello,

and thank you once again. :classic:

[...] old-fashioned mini goodness!

So I am old-fashioned, am I? :wink:

In this case I will always prefer old-fashioned accuracy. :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher