16 replies to this topic

#1 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

• Halfway through Englishman

Member: 3865

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image
Plan:
- Rendezvous at the burning tree - 0020 hours (standard Kaminoan time).
- Take out the Battle Droids with Droid Poppers.
- Intercept Mandalorians via Jetpacks, capture the leader.
- 327th rapple up, secure the cargo, and signal reinforcements.
- Interrogate prisoner(s).

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

See more in my Flickr. :classic:

#2 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Wow, this looks great.  I have to say my favorite part is how you did that water in the drainage pipe, it looks like something Robot Chicken would do.  This looks like it would be a great battle scene if you could only hit play.

Fantastic work, keep it up.

#3 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Nice work with this dio. My thing would be that I think the landscaping could use some work, but everything else looks great.

#4 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Nice work,
I love the water and the droid-crane-thingy
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Member: 13835

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 13 April 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Nice work with this dio. My thing would be that I think the landscaping could use some work, but everything else looks great.
My thoughts exactly, it's good, but the front seems like the baeplates with some bricks slapped on.
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#6 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

Member: 13204

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:52 AM

I think you made a awesome scene  Jammiedodger714! I like that you found a good way to use that bug ol chunky crane/lego like piece. The water pipe also really stands out for me. Keep on brick-ing! :classic:
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#7 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Ah, so this is what you've been making instead of whack entries. :tongue: Looks pretty good, but I'm a bit confused. Is the outpost made out of rock or metal or both? Why is that tree burning? Why is this cargo so important? What's the Death Watch's business with the CIS? Some backstory would be nice. Other than that it's a nicely detailed MOC. Much better than your usual baseplate creations anyway. :tongue:

#8 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:23 AM

Very well done vig I must say Jammie, the construction of the wall is pretty good, as are the brickbuilt weapons of the clones. The effective positioning of the minifigs really gives the impression of an impending surprise attack, though I don't understand the combination of Phase I and II clones (transition phase perhaps?). But still great job overall. :thumbup:

#9 Lord Starkiller

Lord Starkiller

Member: 8901

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hey Look! It's Domino Squad! Anyway, I LOVE the fountain!!!!
Don't ask about my Capitalization.                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ignorance is Bliss, so you must be Very Blissful!

Spread the Fail Whale.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

#10 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 13 April 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

Wow, this looks great.  I have to say my favorite part is how you did that water in the drainage pipe, it looks like something Robot Chicken would do.  This looks like it would be a great battle scene if you could only hit play.

Fantastic work, keep it up.

Thanks so much Big Cam! :sweet: I'm glad you like it!

View PostBrickdoctor, on 13 April 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Thankyou. :classic:
Hmm, well, I tried to get a more of a flat look to it because normally, by a base like this, the ground would be flatter from patrols walking to and fro. But hey, we all have our opinions. :tongue:

View PostBlackknight112, on 13 April 2011 - 09:25 PM, said:

Nice work,
I love the water and the droid-crane-thingy

Cheers!

View PostDobbyClone, on 13 April 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

My thoughts exactly, it's good, but the front seems like the baeplates with some bricks slapped on.

See above. :tongue:

View PostFuzzylegobricks, on 14 April 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

I think you made a awesome scene  Jammiedodger714! I like that you found a good way to use that bug ol chunky crane/lego like piece. The water pipe also really stands out for me. Keep on brick-ing! :classic:

Wow! Thankyou!
Yeah, that thing had been lying around for a while, so I used it in something. :laugh:

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on 14 April 2011 - 01:18 AM, said:

Ah, so this is what you've been making instead of whack entries. :tongue: Looks pretty good, but I'm a bit confused. Is the outpost made out of rock or metal or both? Why is that tree burning? Why is this cargo so important? What's the Death Watch's business with the CIS? Some backstory would be nice. Other than that it's a nicely detailed MOC. Much better than your usual baseplate creations anyway. :tongue:

Lol, it didn't take that long. :tongue: Wooow. Lots of questions! Right, I'll answer them and add a bit more story to the one there already.

1. Well, I tried to give it the look of it being built into a rock face with the transition from BURPs to smooth bricks, so no it's not metal.
2. The tree is burning because it is their rendezvous point (as it says in the post :tongue: ). The Seps don't think anything of it because of the fuel ejections from various patrol vehicles can cause fires.
3. Well, the Republic don't know what it is either, but if the Seps are co-operating with Death Watch again it must be bad! Therefore they want to find out what it is.
4. See above!

Thanks mate! :laugh:  :tongue:

View PostKielDaMan, on 14 April 2011 - 01:23 AM, said:

Very well done vig I must say Jammie, the construction of the wall is pretty good, as are the brickbuilt weapons of the clones. The effective positioning of the minifigs really gives the impression of an impending surprise attack, though I don't understand the combination of Phase I and II clones (transition phase perhaps?). But still great job overall. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot Kiel!  :classic:
I set it out as if Bly has ARCs in his battalion prior to the armour-switch, so he used the elites instead of the normal soldiers to make the mission easier.

View PostLord Starkiller, on 14 April 2011 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hey Look! It's Domino Squad! Anyway, I LOVE the fountain!!!!

Thanks a lot, but they're not Domino Squad! :laugh:

Just so y'all know the flickr photos provide more insight into what's going on. I'll update the first post and the photos on flickr with descriptions later. :thumbup:

#11 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:27 AM

That's really really cool.  The fig posing is amazing!  And all of those extra details are wonderful. :thumbup:   I LOVE the fact that the droids haven't noticed them! :laugh:

#12 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Great job Jammiedodger714, looks just like it came from a CW episode (the 2nd to last one comes to mind), needs more green, but the positioning is great, it really looks like it could spring into action any minute. I especially love the phase 1's clones kit.
Incidentally what is the tan coloured rock bit at centre right, it looks a bit out of place.
Great job though.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#13 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 15 April 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

That's really really cool.  The fig posing is amazing!  And all of those extra details are wonderful. :thumbup:   I LOVE the fact that the droids haven't noticed them! :laugh:

Thanks so much Masked! :sweet:
:laugh: Yeah, I though I'd follow the trend of the CW where the Battle Droids are pretty much clueles, and useless.

View PostMr Man, on 15 April 2011 - 11:00 AM, said:

Great job Jammiedodger714, looks just like it came from a CW episode (the 2nd to last one comes to mind), needs more green, but the positioning is great, it really looks like it could spring into action any minute. I especially love the phase 1's clones kit.
Incidentally what is the tan coloured rock bit at centre right, it looks a bit out of place.
Great job though.

Thaks a lot! :classic:
I thought it might add more colour to the MOC, instead of it just being browns, greys and greens. I see what you mean though, more tan bits are in order!

Edited by Jammiedodger714, 16 April 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#14 Stardusty

Stardusty

Member: 14245

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

This is very well made MOC.

And I am really jealous because of Aayla and number of Horn company troopers you have. :sceptic:  :laugh:
"To build, or not to build, that is the question."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Gory51

Gory51

Member: 28016

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 15 April 2011 - 02:27 AM, said:

I agree, that is what really grabbed me about this. The posing on the figures. It reminds me of a SWAT team buildup before breaking into a building. Everyone in a position with a specific role and ready to go.

EDIT: Aaargh. Sorry for resurrecting and old Thread, I just noticed now the date as being April 2011, not 2012. I actually found this by going through the MOC index.

Edited by Gory51, 26 April 2012 - 06:37 PM.

When I die, I just hope my wife does not sell my Lego collection for what I have "told" her I have spent on it :)

#16 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I do agree you could change the landscaping a bit as it does seem like random bricks. Try to make it flow or have a natural feeling. The rest of the moc in my option seems great though.  :thumbup: :classic:

#17 mutley777

mutley777

• The one and only Star Wars hoarder!

Member: 193

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nice work jamie! The MOC is simple yet very well executed and the photo angles and minifigs positions really set the scene. :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users