Jump to content


Stun Tank


20 replies to this topic

#1 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image
If you've been keeping up with TCW, you've probably heard of a stun tank. Their military application beyond putting giant beasts to sleep is beyond me, but nevertheless, I thought it would be a nice challenge for me to try and remake it in bricks. This was the end result.

Posted Image

as always, now that I have flickr, The rest of the shots, showcasing different views and features of my creations can be found on my Flickr Account, I urge you to browse through.
~Sok117

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • On a Title Roll


    Posts: 20377
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

Nice job. Honestly, I know too little about this vehicle to offer any real criticism, so I'll let one of the CW builders do that. As for me, I always like to see studless creations, but there's nothing wrong with this one. :classic:

#3 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:54 AM

Nice  :sweet:  I like the shaping a lot. My only gripe is the hatch that holds the gun, it's a bit clunky. Other than that nice model  :thumbup:
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

Another very nice creation sok! You're quite on a roll today huh? :wink: I'm glad to see a brickbuilt version of this CW vehicle, and I'd have to say you got the overall basic shape and design pretty well. I don't know if this is already a finished MOC, but if ever you decide to improve this, I think you could make the dome base of the gun larger and nearer the center. Some SNOT building for a smoother surface finish would also improve the overall look. But as it is, this one is already a good-looking version. Well done! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#5 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Vic-Viper Valedictorian


    Posts: 7727
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

Okay I'm going to be the Clone Wars nerd here.  As I think that this is one of the cooler vehicles in "The Clone Wars" I'd like to see you make the reflector dish on the main cannon more of a rectangle like the real one.  I would LOVE to see you make more of a semicircle on for the guns mount, and maybe make the tank a bit shorter too.  Anyways this is pretty close! :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 41.25 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #89
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#6 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 18085
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

AWESOME 'sok117', now who's a bright spark eh ? :laugh:
Fantastic tank, shape right and that's a big electrode ! :laugh:
May the brick be with you ! :grin:

#7 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:28 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 12 April 2011 - 01:32 AM, said:

Nice job. Honestly, I know too little about this vehicle to offer any real criticism, so I'll let one of the CW builders do that. As for me, I always like to see studless creations, but there's nothing wrong with this one. :classic:

Tanks!  :sweet: , (I just mis-spelt thanks, but then I realized, it made a rather fitting pun)

View PostDobbyClone, on 12 April 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

Nice  :sweet:  I like the shaping a lot. My only gripe is the hatch that holds the gun, it's a bit clunky. Other than that nice model  :thumbup:

I agree, I'm thinking about elevating the 1x2 45 degree wedges to amke them more flush with the top, and also removing some plates.  I hope you don't mind me saying it, but as I was building, I thought it looked like something you would make, the tiles mixed with studs on republic vehicles just reminded me of your work!

View PostKielDaMan, on 12 April 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Another very nice creation sok! You're quite on a roll today huh? :wink: I'm glad to see a brickbuilt version of this CW vehicle, and I'd have to say you got the overall basic shape and design pretty well. I don't know if this is already a finished MOC, but if ever you decide to improve this, I think you could make the dome base of the gun larger and nearer the center. Some SNOT building for a smoother surface finish would also improve the overall look. But as it is, this one is already a good-looking version. Well done! :thumbup:

Yeah, I just got around to finally posting some of these MOCs that have been sitting around.  I think I have to improve this, cause originally I was going off of a picture found on the internet

Posted Image

But after building up the front, I stopped using this reference becasue I lost the picture, so I decided to just build it the best I can, it seems as though, in doing that, I've missed a lot of details as I look back on it.  I'll definitley try to work on the dome because that is the part I'm least happy with, but the snot building might not happen, I'll also try looking in to some more tiles, but I love my studs, so will see what I can cook up.  And thanks for the comment!

View PostMasked Builder, on 12 April 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

Okay I'm going to be the Clone Wars nerd here.  As I think that this is one of the cooler vehicles in "The Clone Wars" I'd like to see you make the reflector dish on the main cannon more of a rectangle like the real one.  I would LOVE to see you make more of a semicircle on for the guns mount, and maybe make the tank a bit shorter too.  Anyways this is pretty close! :thumbup:

Yeah, I agree, looking back, I think what initally inspired me to do this moc was a video from TCW video game, and their stun tank used the same design I used, so I just based it off that, but I agree and will change it when I get a moc 2 up.  As said above, I'll work on the turret, but I'm not sure about making it shorter, we'll see, but I don't really want to break up the side detailing.


Now I just got to figure out how to keep the removable gun rack module, while keeping the turret rotating function...
~Sok117

#8 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Vic-Viper Valedictorian


    Posts: 7727
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

View Postsok117, on 12 April 2011 - 02:28 AM, said:

Yeah, I agree, looking back, I think what initially inspired me to do this moc was a video from TCW video game, and their stun tank used the same design I used, so I just based it off that, but I agree and will change it when I get a moc 2 up.  As said above, I'll work on the turret, but I'm not sure about making it shorter, we'll see, but I don't really want to break up the side detailing.
Yeah that's what I figured.  Still it's not a bad solution.  Ah well.  Not every detail can be perfect! :classic:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 41.25 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #89
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#9 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:40 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 12 April 2011 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yeah that's what I figured.  Still it's not a bad solution.  Ah well.  Not every detail can be perfect! :classic:

Yeah  :blush: , do not fear!  A new moc will be acquired shortly, however, any more criticism on this would be useful.
~Sok117

#10 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

View Postsok117, on 12 April 2011 - 02:28 AM, said:

I agree, I'm thinking about elevating the 1x2 45 degree wedges to amke them more flush with the top, and also removing some plates.  I hope you don't mind me saying it, but as I was building, I thought it looked like something you would make, the tiles mixed with studs on republic vehicles just reminded me of your work!

Now I just got to figure out how to keep the removable gun rack module, while keeping the turret rotating function...
Haha, stud-less and studded surfaces are always been a favorite of mine, and I also favor lots of plates, so I see how you could say that. I also, of course, looovvveee republic vehicles  :grin:

That's a toughy  :look: I think I know a solution, but it'll take a lot of time to explain. It's also difficult to apply, but it'll work. I'll send you a PM once I'm sure it work, I'll probably use the same method on my CTT for those hatches.

Edited by DobbyClone, 12 April 2011 - 03:09 AM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#11 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:15 AM

View PostDobbyClone, on 12 April 2011 - 03:08 AM, said:

Haha, stud-less and studded surfaces are always been a favorite of mine, and I also favor lots of plates, so I see how you could say that. I also, of course, looovvveee republic vehicles  :grin:

That's a toughy  :look: I think I know a solution, but it'll take a lot of time to explain. It's also difficult to apply, but it'll work. I'll send you a PM once I'm sure it work, I'll probably use the same method on my CTT for those hatches.

very interesting, I eagerly await your technique!  Thats two things you owe me now, pictures of your CTT and building techniques  :laugh:
~Sok117

#12 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:44 AM

View Postsok117, on 12 April 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

very interesting, I eagerly await your technique!  Thats two things you owe me now, pictures of your CTT and building techniques  :laugh:
It involves simple technic, and round bricks. That entire cannon portion will be able to turn, with a smaller door for the gunner.

CTT update will come tomorrow, promise :classic:
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#13 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

  • Pantsless no more


    Posts: 629
    Joined: 07-June 10
    Member: 11279
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Nice work, I really like how you made the gun.
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3772
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

I've never seen the clone wars so this tank is new to me, looks vaguely like the imperial artillery tank off Empire at War. The front end looks really cool and armoured and the whole thing is amazing! :classic:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#15 Oky

Oky

  • RA Anniversary Baker and a Quidditcher


    Posts: 8710
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

Very good. Looks very accurate, although all the studs and the blocky dome make it look a bit rough. Nice work. :thumbup:

View Postsok117, on 12 April 2011 - 01:30 AM, said:

Their military application beyond putting giant beasts to sleep is beyond me
Have you played LSW3:TCW? It's very good for frying hordes of battle droids, or anything for that matter! :devil: And I believe they used the same building technique for the reflector dish as you did.

#16 Mr Man

Mr Man

    Posts: 3496
    Joined: 01-October 10
    Member: 13561
    Country: England

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

Looks great, some little details are wrong but all in all a good little MOC.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Muddy

Muddy

  • What the Friend??


    Posts: 118
    Joined: 08-February 11
    Member: 15892
    Country: United States

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

Are there any good screenshots of the LSW3 Stun Tank?
I like the concept

I would like to see you make one that is minorities scale that uses Lego own style guidelines
(you need to create a cabin that has a removable top interior space needs to be accounted for...
Play value per piece count - use generic pieces for structure must support it's own weight it would be cool to have a zillion beast foot included like the old movie maker set...
Check out my models @ Brickshelf -> Muddy Over - 12k hits for my Theed Palace
While there check out my CW-Advent folder -- Play Well

#18 gogocar

gogocar

    Posts: 122
    Joined: 12-February 11
    Member: 15965
    Country: Croatia

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

First of all, very nice creation, sok117.

I have played LSW3:TCW and I think they did a pretty good yob too.

Does anyone know is it possible to build that tank (from LSW3:TCW) in real life,
I mean, are there any instructions for it?
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done.

#19 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostMuddy, on 12 April 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

I would like to see you make one that is minorities scale that uses Lego own style guidelines
(you need to create a cabin that has a removable top interior space needs to be accounted for...
Play value per piece count - use generic pieces for structure must support it's own weight it would be cool to have a zillion beast foot included like the old movie maker set...

If you go to my Flickr page (link in first post) you would see that I already added those functions  :classic: , besides the Zillo foot of course
~Sok117

#20 Cpt. Dan

Cpt. Dan

    Posts: 235
    Joined: 20-April 10
    Member: 10350
    Country: USA

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:57 AM

View Postsok117, on 12 April 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

If you go to my Flickr page (link in first post) you would see that I already added those functions  :classic: , besides the Zillo foot of course

That was a great MOC you made SOK. I really like all of the detail you put into it and the interior of the tank is my favorite park. I love these CW creations, especially the Republic army ones. :thumbup:
Youtube/Reviews and Customs

Flikr/Customs, Finds, and Pictures[/center]

#21 green dewback

green dewback

    Posts: 218
    Joined: 22-January 09
    Member: 5086

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:16 AM

I love this tank in the LSW:TCW game.
Your MOC is very close to it.



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users