Jump to content


MOC: Megagamma-VII Starfighter


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:09 AM

Hi, guys!

Here is another starfighter, one of my favorites, from LCSA's new division. :blush:  :classic:

Megagamma-VII Starfighter

About the starfighter and the division:

When LCSA's beloved Security Division -a.k.a "Classic Space"- disappeared under mysteriuos causes, the best option was to create Hybrid Alien-Humans instead of choosing new ones to become astronauts,these hybrid astronauts are the type of astronaut which LCSA likes: cold and very loyal to the high-ranked ones from LCSA's Headquarters, also, the humans are very afraid from them and try to get far away from one of these astronauts. :sadnew:

This starfighter is a contrast to LCSA's design concerns, LCSA uses very conservative design in their starfighters, flagships, bombers, ambassadorial ships and also robots and weapons :laugh:, it's sleek and menacing design, size, and also allied with an happy color used in it's livery  :classic: , makes Blacktrons get away from it, but these starfighters also increase the longtime dogfight between LCSA and Blasktrons, a unique among LCSA's fleet; Simply Modernist Starfighter. :wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The brick count is 681. :oh3:

The Brickshelf folder with more images: Megagamma-VII Starfighter

The name I got from a Lancia concept car from 1978, more info here: The car

Comments & Critics are welcome. :sweet:

Edited by Giovanne, 11 April 2011 - 04:12 AM.


#2 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9545
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

Wow this is an amazing starfighter design Giovanne! I simply love the overall shape and the effective use of those huge 'wing' pieces at the back. The SNOT finish and greebling detailing are very well done too. :thumbup:

#3 Delta62

Delta62

    Posts: 197
    Joined: 04-April 11
    Member: 17056
    Country: United States

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

That sure is a real thing of beauty!

#4 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

  • Pantsless no more


    Posts: 629
    Joined: 07-June 10
    Member: 11279
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

I really like the different collours blue on this.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3830
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:10 PM

I like the sleek design at the front and the whole front end is really well designed, a good design for a classic concept. :wink:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#6 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 11 April 2011 - 06:01 AM, said:

Wow this is an amazing starfighter design Giovanne! I simply love the overall shape and the effective use of those huge 'wing' pieces at the back. The SNOT finish and greebling detailing are very well done too. :thumbup:

Thanks for the comment! :sweet:

In my original pans there was no 'wing' pieces in the rear, it was added when I was nearly completing the MOC. :laugh:

Also, I will add this MOC for the LDD MOC Index soon. :thumbup:

View PostDelta62, on 11 April 2011 - 06:30 AM, said:

That sure is a real thing of beauty!

Thanks also for your comment! :thumbup:

As I said before, it is one of the best MOCs I made on LDD. :cry_happy:

View PostBlackknight112, on 11 April 2011 - 07:11 AM, said:

I really like the different collours blue on this.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

I was confused in what color choose at start, dark blue or light blue? So, I used both colors in the MOC. :laugh: *huh*

#7 Legostein

Legostein

  • I'm a million!


    Posts: 1890
    Joined: 06-April 07
    Member: 1505
    Country: Germany

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hello!

An great atsrfighter concept you are showing to us here. :classic: The use of the tails is very original and works out perfectly here. I guess it would look even more impressive in real brick.

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#8 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

View PostLegostein, on 17 April 2011 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hello!

An great atsrfighter concept you are showing to us here. :classic: The use of the tails is very original and works out perfectly here. I guess it would look even more impressive in real brick.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for your comment! I also thinks that the tails are a important point of this MOC, since I never seen a starfighter with this use of the tails as wings! :laugh:

Giovanne. :thumbup:

#9 Dr_Legoman

Dr_Legoman

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 03-August 10
    Member: 12372
    Country: Serbia, Europe

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Just amazing! I would like to see building guide for this beauty (it looks rather complicated),very unconventional use of bricks, angles and all...It has that SF feel to it. Well done!

Edited by Dr_Legoman, 18 April 2011 - 12:02 PM.


#10 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

View PostDr_Legoman, on 18 April 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

Just amazing! I would like to see building guide for this beauty (it looks rather complicated),very unconventional use of bricks, angles and all...It has that SF feel to it. Well done!

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

The most complicated was the front and the rest of the body, in real bricks, this starfighter would be fragile :thumbdown: , due to a design flaw it has a hole in the center of it. :angry:

Anyway, I'm very proud of everyone who like this stafighter. :sweet:

And another thing: the LXF File of the starfighter is on the LDD MOC Index.

#11 Dr_Legoman

Dr_Legoman

    Posts: 34
    Joined: 03-August 10
    Member: 12372
    Country: Serbia, Europe

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

View PostGiovanne, on 18 April 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

The most complicated was the front and the rest of the body, in real bricks, this starfighter would be fragile :thumbdown: , due to a design flaw it has a hole in the center of it. :angry:

Anyway, I'm very proud of everyone who like this stafighter. :sweet:

And another thing: the LXF File of the starfighter is on the LDD MOC Index.

Indeed that could be a problem, when you build something in LDD first, and you don't think about overall weight and connections between the bricks and later (if you have enough real bricks) you realize that it couldn't stay in one piece or it's extremely fragile. For that reason, in some future LDD versions I would like to see weight and connection strenght calculator/analyser (the main goal for LDD is to attract people to by real bricks anyway so this may be our common goal).
But non the less, design flaws could be breached with some kind of improvisation. Very often when you try to solve some design problem you stumble upon an even better solution for your creation.
As for me, I always tend to create a stable, solid construction, thus mentioned calculator would come in handy. Sometimes logic and imagination don't work well together but I always try to combine them to achieve an even better result,to make something smooth and attractive, but also with high degree of playability and functionality.

By the way,thanks for the LXF file, I'll look in to it later. :classic:
Cheers!

#12 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 14003
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

I think this looks fantastic, but I have one question, why would a ship capable of space travel need propellers? There is no wind in space?  Besides that weird quirk I have I think it looks really cool, more of a beautiful design rather than solid brick structure.

#13 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 18 April 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I think this looks fantastic, but I have one question, why would a ship capable of space travel need propellers? There is no wind in space?  Besides that weird quirk I have I think it looks really cool, more of a beautiful design rather than solid brick structure.

Thanks for the comment! :thumbup:

The propellers, they are for better performance on atmosphere, but in space, these propellers don't are used. :laugh:

There is another similiar and bigger starship that I'm building now. :look:

#14 Baylego

Baylego

    Posts: 616
    Joined: 09-August 10
    Member: 12476
    Country: USA

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Wow, very cool! What set are those large wing pieces from, those look like they would be very useful.

#15 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

View PostBaylego, on 19 April 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

Wow, very cool! What set are those large wing pieces from, those look like they would be very useful.

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

As far I know, the bigger wing is present in the sets 7893, 7894 and 3182, while the smaller one is present in the set 3181. :sweet:

Edited by Giovanne, 27 April 2011 - 07:26 PM.


#16 Leo-J

Leo-J

    Posts: 332
    Joined: 27-July 10
    Member: 12259

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Cool design!
Need bricks? Come shop in The Brick Hubâ„¢.

#17 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

    Posts: 579
    Joined: 01-February 08
    Member: 2644
    Country: United States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

That's an awesome MOC, Giovanne! :thumbup: It looks like it would fit well in a return of the Alien Conquest theme in 2012 (if LEGO ever decides to do that...hint, hint, LEGO! :wink: ). By the way, you also have my thanks for posting the LXF file.

-Toa Of Justice

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock


Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.


#18 Giovanne

Giovanne

    Posts: 118
    Joined: 03-June 10
    Member: 11109
    Country: Brazil

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostToa_Of_Justice, on 27 April 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

That's an awesome MOC, Giovanne! :thumbup: It looks like it would fit well in a return of the Alien Conquest theme in 2012 (if LEGO ever decides to do that...hint, hint, LEGO! :wink: ). By the way, you also have my thanks for posting the LXF file.

-Toa Of Justice

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

If LEGO made it in Alien Conquest, the set would be simplificated and more 'atmospheric', since Alien Conquest is set on Earth :hmpf_bad: .

Anyway, thanks again for everyone who liked this MOC! :laugh:

-Giovanne. :classic:

Edited by Giovanne, 27 April 2011 - 07:28 PM.


#19 Toa_Of_Justice

Toa_Of_Justice

    Posts: 579
    Joined: 01-February 08
    Member: 2644
    Country: United States

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostGiovanne, on 27 April 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Thanks for your comment! :thumbup:

If LEGO made it in Alien Conquest, the set would be simplificated and more 'atmospheric', since Alien Conquest is set on Earth :hmpf_bad: .

Anyway, thanks again for everyone who liked this MOC! :laugh:

-Giovanne. :classic:
You're welcome. :classic: My idea is that the humans should follow the aliens into space and continue the battle there, with all-new space vehicles like yours.

-Toa Of Justice

Tinker Posted Image Bell | 21103 Posted Image Revamp | iWin Posted Image Dual Device Dock


Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users