Jump to content


Changing A Username


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#1 chucker

chucker

    Posts: 61
    Joined: 07-November 10
    Member: 14120

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

I have but one question to ask.

Is it possible to change your username? I kind of want to change mine.

Thank you. chucker (Or brickchucker19 as I want to be called)

EDIT: The current board version no longer allows members to perform user name changes themselves -- changes must be requested from a member of Staff via PM.

Edited by Fugazi, 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.


#2 JimBee

JimBee

  • Bubbler


    Posts: 9415
    Joined: 07-January 08
    Member: 2436
    Country: USA

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

There is a way, but you have to be a certain rank to do it (Knight I think). There's also the limit of changing it once a year.

I would be more careful when changing it this time, though. You've only been a member for five months, and you already want to change it? It's also common for people to get sick of uncapitalized letters and numbers in their username. So "choose wisely" would be my advice.

By the way, if you do change it once you're able, you would still log in with your username that you originally registered with.

Posted Image
Currently playing Hybros, 53-year-old male imp Chi Monk in the Heroica RPG
Stats | Bio


#3 chucker

chucker

    Posts: 61
    Joined: 07-November 10
    Member: 14120

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Thanks. I'll try to remember when the time comes.

BTW, "chucker" was not my original choice. I think i got a bit confused when I was making my account.

#4 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • Magic 8 Ball


    Posts: 11722
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:11 PM

I like my new name.  :grin:  Only 365 days until I can change it again.  :laugh:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 32 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#5 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:44 AM

View Postchucker, on 09 April 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

Thanks. I'll try to remember when the time comes.

BTW, "chucker" was not my original choice. I think i got a bit confused when I was making my account.
I don't see how that's confusing but if you have a good reason, you can ask an administrator to change it for you, but they usually don't just change everyones name at the drop of a hat, you need a pretty good reason.

#6 Keybobs

Keybobs

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 15-April 11
    Member: 17265
    Country: Scotland

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

I realise that you have to be a certain grade to change your name etc, but I'm wondering if an admin could be nice enough to do it for me :classic: You see, I'm actually not looking to change my name really, My username is Keybobs, it's my actual nickname and has been for the last 15 years, it will never change and so regardless of what title I may be lucky enough to gain in the future my name will always be the same!

HOWEVER! It appears that I have been a bit too eager to sign up and in the excitement I have double tapped the s key on my laptop whilst putting in my Display name  :wacko: I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my display name to my actual username, from Keybobss to Keybobs?

Please forgive my idiocy, it shan't happen again! best thing about making mistakes is it gives you something more to learn  :thumbup:

#7 Izzy

Izzy

  • Bold Baldie


    Posts: 2136
    Joined: 30-May 07
    Member: 1628
    Country: ɹǝpun uʍop

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

View Postchucker, on 09 April 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

I have but one question to ask.

Is it possible to change your username? I kind of want to change mine.

Thank you. chucker (Or brickchucker19 as I want to be called)

If I may be so bold. Chucker on itself is a much better choice of a name, when ever I see a name with "brick" in it or random numbers or a combination of both it makes me shudder.  :blush:

To Do Is To Be - Nietzsche  
To Be Is To Do - Kant
To Be Or Not To Be - Shakespeare
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra


Flickr


#8 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

View PostKeybobss, on 16 April 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

I realise that you have to be a certain grade to change your name etc, but I'm wondering if an admin could be nice enough to do it for me :classic: You see, I'm actually not looking to change my name really, My username is Keybobs, it's my actual nickname and has been for the last 15 years, it will never change and so regardless of what title I may be lucky enough to gain in the future my name will always be the same!

HOWEVER! It appears that I have been a bit too eager to sign up and in the excitement I have double tapped the s key on my laptop whilst putting in my Display name  :wacko: I'm wondering if it would be possible to change my display name to my actual username, from Keybobss to Keybobs?

Please forgive my idiocy, it shan't happen again! best thing about making mistakes is it gives you something more to learn  :thumbup:
See now this is one of those senario's that I think an admin would be happy to help, I'd log a few more posts (10 are needed to PM) and seems an admin a pm explaining your situation, I have a feeling they would understand and change it for you.

View PostCutlass Iz, on 16 April 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

If I may be so bold. Chucker on itself is a much better choice of a name, when ever I see a name with "brick" in it or random numbers or a combination of both it makes me shudder.  :blush:
I have to completely agree with Izzy here.  I for one like simple names, they are easier to write, if your name was brick chucker 19, I'd put probably end up calling you just brick chucker or just chucker.

#9 Keybobs

Keybobs

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 15-April 11
    Member: 17265
    Country: Scotland

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 16 April 2011 - 12:13 PM, said:

See now this is one of those senario's that I think an admin would be happy to help, I'd log a few more posts (10 are needed to PM) and seems an admin a pm explaining your situation, I have a feeling they would understand and change it for you.

Thank you very much  :classic: :thumbup:

#10 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis

  • Not short in real life


    Posts: 6876
    Joined: 31-January 08
    Member: 2630
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

No problem Keybobs, I'll do it. :thumbup:

Annnndd, done.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#11 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostKeybobs, on 16 April 2011 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thank you very much  :classic: :thumbup:


View PostErdbeereis, on 16 April 2011 - 04:23 PM, said:

No problem Keybobs, I'll do it. :thumbup:

Annnndd, done.
Thanks Erdie.

Keybobs, just an fyi I am pretty sure you'll have to sign into the website with Keybobss still, the change is only cosmetic to the display on the boards.

Unless Edrie actually changed your login completely, but I don't think that's what they do.

#12 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis

  • Not short in real life


    Posts: 6876
    Joined: 31-January 08
    Member: 2630
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:31 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 16 April 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Thanks Erdie.

Keybobs, just an fyi I am pretty sure you'll have to sign into the website with Keybobss still, the change is only cosmetic to the display on the boards.

Unless Edrie actually changed your login completely, but I don't think that's what they do.
His login name was actually already Keybobs, so he should be able to just use that. :classic:

And who is Edrie? :wacko:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#13 Keybobs

Keybobs

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 15-April 11
    Member: 17265
    Country: Scotland

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Erdbeereis, Big Cam, Thank you so much for your help. It's always the small things like this that really make you feel welcome and at home  :classic: and yeah my sign in name was always Keybobs, I just added the extra s to my display name by mistake in my haste to get on board  :look:

Thank you once again  :thumbup:

#14 MetroiD

MetroiD

  • Lost in the forest of life


    Posts: 2659
    Joined: 22-February 09
    Member: 5374
    Country: Bulgaria

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

View PostErdbeereis, on 17 April 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

And who is Edrie? :wacko:
Google tells me this is Edrie... :look:

Posted Image

Kinda wonder why she'd want to change Keybobs' login?
Currently trimming bangs and slicing scalps in TrumpetKing's CMF Mafia 2 as Melinda Dugan.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostErdbeereis, on 17 April 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

His login name was actually already Keybobs, so he should be able to just use that. :classic:

And who is Edrie? :wacko:
Haha, my bad, looks like my brain is mixing up letters again.

This explains alot.


@keybobs, no problem, glad it got sorted out, I know if there was a 6 or something after my name, I'd be he'll bent to get it corrected.

#16 MetroiD

MetroiD

  • Lost in the forest of life


    Posts: 2659
    Joined: 22-February 09
    Member: 5374
    Country: Bulgaria

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 18 April 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

looks like my brain is mixing up letters again.

Quote

I'd be he'll bent...
You don't say?  :laugh:
Currently trimming bangs and slicing scalps in TrumpetKing's CMF Mafia 2 as Melinda Dugan.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#17 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostMetroiD, on 18 April 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

You don't say?  :laugh:
Good grief, my phone is my spell checking downfall, it auto corrects behind my back.   :laugh:   I hope you're laughing at me, because that was pretty perfectly timed, and ironic. :grin:

#18 legolooney

legolooney

    Posts: 179
    Joined: 12-November 09
    Member: 8164
    Country: England

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

I have this problem too, i regret my name choice simply as it has lego in it, and it sounds lame!  :hmpf_bad:

Can anyone confirm JimButcher's comment about gaining the ability at Knight level?

Thanks folks

#19 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 20798
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

View Postlegolooney, on 06 June 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Can anyone confirm JimButcher's comment about gaining the ability at Knight level?
I've seen members change their names after Knight and there was an announcement about it by the staff sometime ago. Knights do have that ability.

Edited by Brickdoctor, 06 June 2011 - 05:00 PM.


#20 legolooney

legolooney

    Posts: 179
    Joined: 12-November 09
    Member: 8164
    Country: England

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 06 June 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

I've seen members change their names after Knight and there was an announcement about it by the staff sometime ago. Knights do have that ability.

Excellent, thanks!

#21 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

View Postlegolooney, on 06 June 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:


Can anyone confirm JimButcher's comment about gaining the ability at Knight level?
Why yes I can.

User change display name for knights +

#22 Hoboman

Hoboman

    Posts: 581
    Joined: 14-July 10
    Member: 12005
    Country: USA

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 06 June 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

This is good news. I would like to change mine at some point to reflect the name I use in all other Lego related forums and sites.

Thanks.

The true reason for life is to bring joy to others, thus finding joy in yourself.
"What do you mean I lost another Battle?"


#23 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

    Posts: 1913
    Joined: 24-August 08
    Member: 3823
    Country: England

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:36 AM

Woah, no one told me you can change display names now. Meet all new capitalised Crazy One.

#24 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

View PostHoboman, on 23 June 2011 - 04:38 AM, said:

This is good news. I would like to change mine at some point to reflect the name I use in all other Lego related forums and sites.

Thanks.
Hoboman = Daniel's Dad, right, if it wasn't for your avatar, I'd be lost as to who you were.

View PostThe Crazy One, on 06 August 2011 - 01:36 AM, said:

Woah, no one told me you can change display names now. Meet all new capitalised Crazy One.

These one time type of changes are exactly what this was implemented for.  Well at least I assume, I should really not be talking for the staff.  




I should change mine to Commodore Cam, and then have to wait a year to change it back.  :laugh:

#25 22kane

22kane

    Posts: 367
    Joined: 18-May 11
    Member: 17921
    Country: USA

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 06 August 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hoboman = Daniel's Dad, right, if it wasn't for your avatar, I'd be lost as to who you were.


I was just thinking that myself
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users