• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Member: 15440

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image
I wasn't sure if this warranted a new topic, since it's an extension of my last post, but I think it does deserve it's own post. Let me know what you think :classic:
Posted Image
As per your requests, here's a darker pic showing the glow of the Saber:
Posted Image
And here's a pic showing how I did it. I used a light-up brick and tube from an Exo-Force set. Obviously, this would only work for the cropped close-up shot I presented. May have to get some of those LED hilts that were on FBTB...
Posted Image

Edited by KielDaMan, 08 June 2011 - 10:13 AM.
Indexed

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

So did you put an LED in the hilt or something? I actually can barely tell the 'saber's lit, perhaps a dark room shot would be better. :wink:

#3 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

Have to agree with Brickdoctor - it's quite difficult to tell from the image that the sabre is lit-up. Ideally I'd like to see shot of the sabre more clearly lit and a peak of what's going on under Vaders hand - so that we can see how it works.
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#4 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

View PostM<0><0<DSWIM, on 05 April 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

I wasn't sure if this warranted a new topic, since it's an extension of my last post, but I think it does deserve it's own post. Let me know what you think :classic:
Of course this one deserves it's own post, aside from being one cool Miniland Vader figure, the lightsaber even lights (yes, I see it glowing now). Great job as usual Mood! :thumbup:

#5 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:47 AM

I see what you did for the lighting, very interesting.  I bet it looks better in person(the light that is).

I more so like Vader himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users