Member: 15440

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Luke (not yet) ready to face vader!

Posted Image
Vader ready to put the smack-down on Luke!

Edited by KielDaMan, 08 June 2011 - 10:08 AM.
Indexed

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

This is fantastic, Mood! I love the Miniland-ish figures as always, (combining the mech frame and Miniland style of figures was genius) :thumbup: . I guess the one thing I'd like to see improved is that I'd like to see the location get some more attention. I think in this case, that's comparable to detailing the underside of models that will rarely be seen; it'll raise the level of the MOC a couple notches.

#3 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:21 AM

AWESOME creation 'M<0><0<DSWIM', such detail is fantastic and very true to the scene in ESB - also very true to scale of the characters and props too ! :thumbup:
May the brick be with you 'M<0><0<DSWIM' ! :grin:

#4 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

• Straight Up Cero!

Member: 12949

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:31 AM

Ho! I was not expecting something like this! This is fantastic I really like how you made Vader's face and cape especially  :classic:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#5 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

Excellent Miniland rendition of the classic Bespin Duel Mood! Both figures are instantly recognizable and the action posing really captures the fight scene very well. Another impressive and unique creation! :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#6 Tazmaniac

Tazmaniac

• Swings in the right weather conditions

Member: 13585

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

This was a pleasant suprise!
I half expected another Minifig scale mod on the cloud city set, or worse, but this is topsPosted Image
As others have said the chatacters are very true to the originals and it's great to see Vader tower over little Luke!

May you be touched by his noodly appendage
Posted Image Posted Image
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials| Eurobricks FAQ

#7 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

Member: 13204

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

Fantastic! This really does looks good, especially the darth vader.  :classic:
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#8 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:21 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 05 April 2011 - 04:07 AM, said:

This is fantastic, Mood! I love the Miniland-ish figures as always, (combining the mech frame and Miniland style of figures was genius) :thumbup: . I guess the one thing I'd like to see improved is that I'd like to see the location get some more attention. I think in this case, that's comparable to detailing the underside of models that will rarely be seen; it'll raise the level of the MOC a couple notches.
Thanks, Doc!  If you check out my Mocpages post, you'll see I originally tried to include a backdrop, but it just didn't look right.  Also, the railing isn't accurate to the "real" thing, but I worked with what I had. :wink:

View PostKielDaMan, on 05 April 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

Excellent Miniland rendition of the classic Bespin Duel Mood! Both figures are instantly recognizable and the action posing really captures the fight scene very well. Another impressive and unique creation! :thumbup:
Thank you, kind sir! :grin:

View PostTazManiac, on 05 April 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

This was a pleasant suprise!
I half expected another Minifig scale mod on the cloud city set, or worse, but this is topsPosted Image
As others have said the chatacters are very true to the originals and it's great to see Vader tower over little Luke!
Thanks, man!  I made a conscious effort to make Vader taller than Luke.   :classic:

#9 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:50 AM

View PostM<0><0<DSWIM, on 05 April 2011 - 05:21 AM, said:

Thanks, Doc!  If you check out my Mocpages post, you'll see I originally tried to include a backdrop, but it just didn't look right.  Also, the railing isn't accurate to the "real" thing, but I worked with what I had. :wink:
Yeah, I was talking about the railing area. I guess mainly it's that the partially tiled 'floor' looks sort of unfinished. SNOT with some studs-up grilles would be tops, but anything to sort of refine that area works. Nevertheless, still a great rendition of this scene.

#10 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:23 AM

Great work!
I really love darth vaders cape.
Keep up the good work
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Praiter Yed

Praiter Yed

• I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Member: 11296

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

This is really cool  M<0><0<DSWIM - love the articulation of the figures.

On the 3rd picture down (action Luke stance) I can't decide whether that's shadow on either side of Luke's nose or if you've air-brushed the plates? Also is the design of the nose different on that pic?

You always seem to come up with something original and fresh - keep up the good work.  :thumbup:
Posted Image
Always on Brickshelf but finally flickr'd!  My CMS trade list  My minifig trades on swapfig.com

#12 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostPraiter Yed, on 05 April 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

This is really cool  M<0><0<DSWIM - love the articulation of the figures.

On the 3rd picture down (action Luke stance) I can't decide whether that's shadow on either side of Luke's nose or if you've air-brushed the plates? Also is the design of the nose different on that pic?

You always seem to come up with something original and fresh - keep up the good work.  :thumbup:
Thanks, man!  There is no manipulation of images here.  That's actually too much shadow (because I'm struggling with lighting right now) and the nose is the same part as in the other pics.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users