Blog Banners Vote

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote your favorite banner (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick one

1. Rufus' Banner (24 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Def's Banner 1 (8 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Def's Banner 2 (6 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

4. LuxorV's Banner 1 (6 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

5. LuxorV's Banner 2 (4 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

6. LuxorV's Banner 3 (7 votes [9.21%])

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

7. Brickthing's Banner (12 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

8. Clone O'Patra's Banner (5 votes [6.58%])

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

9. Scouts' Banner (4 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image
When we started the blog on January 1st, it was to check out the need for a frontpage of 'our own'.
Since then we've had plenty of hits and now we're at 160 views per day and going upwards.

Now we begin phase 2.
The plan is to tweak the theme to suit our needs a little better.
As you might have noticed, we've been testing out different banners for a few weeks.

We asked the Fellows to do some for us and now it's time to pick your favorite one.
Which will be featured as the blog banner the next months.
We do plan to use all of them as the result ended up being pretty awesome.

Voting ends on 28th of March at 2100 CET

Vote and then explain in a post why you picked that banner to participate in a raffle for a surprise.

Here's the list to vote from:

Posted Image
Rufus' Banner

Posted Image
Def's Banner 1

Posted Image
Def's Banner 2

Posted Image
LuxorV's Banner 1

Posted Image
LuxorV's Banner 2

Posted Image
LuxorV's Banner 3

Posted Image
Brickthing's Banner

Posted Image
CloneO'Patra's Banner

Posted Image
Scouts' Banner
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#2 mikey

mikey

Member: 5926

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

I think LuxorV's Banner 1 is particularly well designed, mainly how the 'Eurobricks Forum Blog' text is contained within the yellow rectangle graphic which of course relates to the original films.  Maybe the text could have been slanted to mimic the way the text scrolls in the films?  Also the two ships in this one seem to me to represent the most iconic images from the films.
my flickr

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

They are all really good and it makes me ask if you'd be up for rotating them.  It was honestly hard to pick just one.

In the end I chose Luxor's first one, mainly because it was subtle and not too flashy.  I do wish that the blue coloring used for the eurobricks stars in his third banner was used on his first as well, I think out goes better with the ghost theme than the green.

#4 Emperor

Emperor

Member: 13500

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

First of all: Great job everybody, they all look amazing and it was really hard to decide which one I liked best! :thumbup:

I chose Rufus' Banner - I love the way Maul's lightsaber creates a perfect background for the text. The figs on the right are beautifully composed while they appeal every SW fan there is (Clone Wars, Prequels, OT), and thanks to the death star, which continues the line of the eb stars perfectly, the left side isn't too empty either. The stars & text which blend very well with the overall design make it easily recognizable as a eurobricks site - in my opinion the perfect way to decorate the blog :thumbup:

#5 Anio

Anio

• I buy LEGO, then I just do something awesome with it.

Member: 5344

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

I voted for the last one ; Brickthing.

Cause this one has the most iconic character of the SW Universe : Darth Vader.

Other banners are very well deisnged, but they have some characters who are not representativ of the Star Wars Univers.
Star Wars, it is the story of Anakin Skywalker/Dark Vader.

#6 meister

meister

Member: 6673

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:36 PM

This is my first post, so hi to everyone.

Personally, I prefer Brickthing’s banner. Reasons being, It’s simple, without clutter. The text are placed in easy-to-read areas, not to mention that the colours go well with one another. At a glance, you don't get 4-5 different elements fighting for attention.

#7 Rick

Rick

• Wants to be important too! (but already is)

Member: 5261

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

They all turned out great but I ended up voting for Rufus' banner. The overall composition looks very well balanced to me. The colors especially are very well balanced across the banner.

I really like def's second which ties in very well with the new box art. LuxorV's second is my favorite. The sober color scheme and the three ghost figs turned out really great. His first and third are really well-designed as well, but a little crowded in my opinion. I like Brickthing's banner for the same reason (simple, clean color scheme).

#8 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

Member: 13835

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Rufus' takes the cake-such a nicely done banner. Thanks to all the fellows, they are very good!
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#9 The_Customizer

The_Customizer

Member: 10776

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Rufus' is definitely the best. I like the use of the new Minifigures, mixed in with the lightsaber title.

Posted Image Posted Image

Erdathcath Madilinas,199 yr. old female Druid

Heroica Stats and Inventory

#10 Blackknight112

Blackknight112

• Pantsless no more

Member: 11279

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

I have chosen for def's banner 1, because when I see it it really gave me the 'star wars feeling' and I really like how luke is standing there.

But there all great!
Don't forget to check out:

My Youtube(Nederlands)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Cpt. Dan

Cpt. Dan

Member: 10350

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

I think all of them are really great and voting for one was not easy. I would have to go with Def's 1, I just like the style and design, plus no one can forget the Battle of Endor.
Youtube/Reviews and Customs

Flikr/Customs, Finds, and Pictures[/center]

#12 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

I like Brickthing's banner. It has the two iconic SW ships, and one of, if not the, most iconic villains in history. I also like the colour scheme. It's not too hard on the eyes, but it gets the point across.

#13 Lord Starkiller

Lord Starkiller

Member: 8901

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

I would choose either Rufus's or Luxors 3rd Banners, As they include Figures from both Series 1 and Series 2 of the actual Starwars Movies.
Don't ask about my Capitalization.                                                                                                                                                                                  

Ignorance is Bliss, so you must be Very Blissful!

Spread the Fail Whale.
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

#14 Captain Becker

Captain Becker

• Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Even at im not a SW fan (Yet), they are all very great bannners. But i voted Rufus one. I have already seen in KDM, and i just love it.
Second comes the Def`s banner 2, and Brickthing and Def`s 1st banner will take both the third place. Great job whit the others too.

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#15 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

I voted for Rufus's banner....it was for me as well...Maul's lightsaber trick which impressed me the most. Though they all are excellent designs.
May the blog be with you always ! :laugh:

#16 Skalldyr

Skalldyr

• Don't worry, be a Redcoat!

Member: 9943

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

I voted for Rufus' Banner. Just because of the amazing posing of Darth Maul and the writing that fits perfectly! Also the colour scheme works really nice. From dark to blue back to dark.  :thumbup:

But all those Banners are amazing, and I hope they will be used in the future...
Flickr / Brickshelf / Mocpages

Posted Image  Don't Worry, Be Crabby! Posted Image

#17 sok117

sok117

• Grammer and Speling Professorr

Member: 6766

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

I really like Rufus's banner, mainly becuase it has something for every SW fan, prequel, original, CW, UCS.  And over all, it is just really well designed!
~Sok117

#18 Churchill

Churchill

Member: 6563

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

I like LuxorV's first.  The TIE fighter and x-wing are iconic.  Adding Yoda ties almost all versions of SW together- OT, PT, CW.  Even though it's a CW Yoda, it balances old with new, and doesn't show any bias towards any particular series.
But good work on all of them, everyone!

#19 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

I honestly think all of these are excellently done banners and I'd gladly abstain from voting. Just want to give props to everyone who put their time, effort, and digital graphics artistic talent to create these wonderful banners - Rufus, LuxorV, def, Brickthing, and Clone'O Patra. :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#20 Cad Bane

Cad Bane

Member: 14659

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:41 AM

Though I'd be okay with any (they're all amazing!), I really enjoy the simplicity and pure original Star-Warsy-ness of Brickthing's banner. The only thing it lacks is a representation of PT etc. But I think it still is the cleanest and purest Lego star wars banner. I really like the idea of a rotating banner. That, each month/week/day etc., they would change. This way all or most would be used.
"Not so impressive without your lightsaber, are you, Jedi." -Cad Bane
Avatar created by Jebediahs! Thanks!
My Brickshelf
My Flickr

#21 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

So many great banners to choose from! But I think I'll have to go for LuxorV's Banner 3. It's nice and colorful, but not overly so. It features two of my favorite Jedi, and the text is big and legible. It really represents the Lego SW AFOL community well since it is divided into two sides: PT/CW and OT. And it has an explosion. Who doesn't like those? :grin:

#22 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Adorable

Member: 9860

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

I voted for def's first one because I like the superbly displayed OT subject matter and the colors within it seem so much different than the others.  I think the different color scheme would "pop" more and distinguish it from the banners used on the main EB pages.  
Though, I was close to voting for CloneO'Patra's simply because he used the classic yellow skin tone for the minifigs.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock, 23 March 2011 - 03:19 AM.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#23 PhantomX

PhantomX

Member: 9639

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

I love all the banners so much!  However I must say I love LuxorV's Banner 3 the most.  I love the blue stars around the brick in the top left hand conner.  Having the the 'Eurobricks Star Wars Forum Blog' in the center is really nice.  Two of the three Jedi's in the picture are my favorite, Kit Fisto and Yoda! I also love the little chase scene to the right! Thanks for the raffle.

#24 Lord Of The Fries

Lord Of The Fries

Member: 15376

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

I voted for Rufus' banner because my all-time favourite SW minifigure is 2010 Boba Fett and also because I love how he did the lightsabre effects.  :yoda:
Well done to everone else's banner, I loved them all :laugh:

Edited by Lord Of The Fries, 22 March 2011 - 03:49 AM.

If Practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect,then why practice?
"Do you like popsicles?" - Herbert
My Flickr My YouTube Channel

SSSsssssss.....BOOM!, F*** you Creeper!

#25 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:38 AM

I voted for Def's banner 2.

It's because I really like the way it looks. The glowing EB star is a really great alternative to the original one. I love the planet in the corner cause it's a really nice nod to the way the starting of the films are laid out. The Slave 1 is a really iconic ship and that paricular slave 1 set I love. I really like the backlighting on the title it's a really good way to frame the title and look awesome too. Darth Maul is giving a really evil stare and Maul is a memorable character from the prequels. The tagline is put in a good place too cause it's not really in the way but still visible.

I know I'm the only one voting for this particular design but I love it! :sweet:

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users