Big Cam

EB and Internet Explorer 9

So I just downloaded IE9 and it's interesting. Whenever I click the multi-quote button it immedietaly brings me to a reply box with the quote, so essentially I can't quote more than one quote at a time, therefore eliminating the point of multi-quotes.

Also so far this is only happening on EB but when I click a picture that has a link, like from one of the indexes it opens the link in a new tab, AND in the current window. Even when I click my profile link in my sig it does this. I searched all over the options in IE9 and I can't find anythnng to change it.

Shadows I am in need of your services.

Time to move on to Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc...

Seriously though, this also happened to me on IE, but on other versions. I got too frustrated and moved over.

So I just downloaded IE9 and it's interesting. Whenever I click the multi-quote button it immedietaly brings me to a reply box with the quote, so essentially I can't quote more than one quote at a time, therefore eliminating the point of multi-quotes.

It seems to be something to do with the HTML that gets served to IE, if you click the 'compatability mode' button (it's at the end of the address bar, between search and refresh) then the page renders in IE8 mode and all works as before.

It seems to be something to do with the HTML that gets served to IE, if you click the 'compatability mode' button (it's at the end of the address bar, between search and refresh) then the page renders in IE8 mode and all works as before.

I will have to try that when I get home from work, thanks for the tip.

Cam, I think you have reached that point in life where you make the change.....to safari. :grin:

CF

haha, I hate safari, and mac's all together. I love the iphone and their mobile platform, but I just can't ever get used to their operating system.

The compatibility mode fixed my problem. No shadows needed. :grin:

They still make Internet Explorer? :wacko:

Try out Firefox or Chrome- you won't be disappointed. Get add-ons, like adblocker. You will never, ever go back.

They still make Internet Explorer? :wacko:

Try out Firefox or Chrome- you won't be disappointed. Get add-ons, like adblocker. You will never, ever go back.

I don't care for Firefox, I've tried Chrome but I don't like how they legally have rights to basically everything you do online.

Weird, i have IE 9 as you have Cam, but havent anything problems in EB.

Maby you should try Firefox or Safari like other have sayed. I really cant help you, but this is really intresting.

Captain Becker

EDIT: One spelling error over there :hmpf:

Edited by Captain Becker

I downloaded IE9 and also had problem with inserting links. The solution for this problem was to turn on compatability mode (thanks for the tip Siegfried):

1) press the ALT -key

2) On the Tools menu that appear, click Compatabiliyt mode

3) Done

I'm not sure if it's a Microsoft bug, or an Invision problem (the makers of our board), but for now, it's a workaround. Big Cam - can you see if it also solves your problem?

EDIT: Just noticed there are some anomalities - for example I see that the Cancel button when editing a post is not wrapped correctly...but at least it works.

The solution for this problem was to turn on compatability mode (thanks for the tip Siegfried):

:laugh: It's no big deal. The sad fact is Microsoft can't win here as the internet has two main standards;

1. The official ones.

2. The "what's accepted and done" ones.

Chances are (I haven't looked into it much) IE9 is supporting the official ones best by default and reverts to the unofficial ones if asked to. This board uses a lot of Java (thankfully not as much as sites like Facebook) and is heavily CSS based for maximum skinning possibilities, and thus things can go wrong. I see variety of rendering on most browsers and to be honest I'm not sure what one it's designed for and thus I don't know what is the "correct" appearance. I probably should (and will) download IE9 and give it a look. I've heard that it's actually quite good.

I don't care for Firefox, I've tried Chrome but I don't like how they legally have rights to basically everything you do online.

Try Opera. :grin:

Big Cam - can you see if it also solves your problem?

It did, Andy suggested it above, and I've been viewing that way since.

Try Opera. :grin:

I've never used the pc version, I should give it a try, I liked it on my old blackberry.

It did, Andy suggested it above, and I've been viewing that way since.

I've never used the pc version, I should give it a try, I liked it on my old blackberry.

I downloaded IE9 and also had problem with inserting links. The solution for this problem was to turn on compatability mode (thanks for the tip Siegfried):

1) press the ALT -key

2) On the Tools menu that appear, click Compatabiliyt mode

3) Done

AndyC was first. :wink:

haha, I hate safari, and mac's all together.

So I'm NOT the only one. Phew!

It wouldn't bother me if it opened new tabs, as I'd just use them anyways, to load up YouTube videos so they've downloaded in about ten mins when I go to watch them. But I can see why it might be annoying!

AndyC was first. :wink:

Your effort didn't go unnoticed, we should get that title bumped up to about 60%. :laugh:

Hi, I'd like to point out some strange forum behaviour while using Internet Explorer 9. There are two major problems but I don't know is it in the code or is it the newest IE browser. FF works fine though!

Firstly I cannot access my PMs. Everytime I click on a dropdown menu on my Nickname it takes me straight to the profile page ...

Second, clicking any news on frontpage, which link opens a new window, couses the main window to redirect to the link as well.

Anyone else has problems with this?

Hi, I'd like to point out some strange forum behaviour while using Internet Explorer 9. There are two major problems but I don't know is it in the code or is it the newest IE browser. FF works fine though!

Firstly I cannot access my PMs. Everytime I click on a dropdown menu on my Nickname it takes me straight to the profile page ...

Second, clicking any news on frontpage, which link opens a new window, couses the main window to redirect to the link as well.

Anyone else has problems with this?

The pm problem I'm not sure about since I use IE9 on occasion and don't have that problem.

The new tab/window issue has been brought up before by me actually, try using compatibility mode, it fixes the new window thing and it might fix your pm problem too.

Yes the compatibility mode solves both problems! Sorry for not noticing the previous thread about this ...

Don't be. It's all good.

I've merged the topics.

IE9 currently has compatibility issues with several websites and with some applications (including some Microsoft web-based software!). It is so bad at the moment that I have actually setup the network at work to prevent users from downloading it.

I use IE8 at work and Chrome at home and have no problems with EB.

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

Chrome is also my browser of choice at home, ever since IE9, it's made me a google user.

When I go look at reviews or some other page with links that direct you to other places in the forum and I click the link, it opens up in a new tab and then the tab that had the page with the links opens up to the link too. Resulting in two tabs of the link. I don't know if this is a problem with the links or the browser. But probably the latter as I use Internet Explorer 9 (yes laugh at me for using the worse brower possible). Just wanted to let you admins know in case there is something wrong with the site. I haven't tried it in a different browser though.

When I go look at reviews or some other page with links that direct you to other places in the forum and I click the link, it opens up in a new tab and then the tab that had the page with the links opens up to the link too. Resulting in two tabs of the link. I don't know if this is a problem with the links or the browser. But probably the latter as I use Internet Explorer 9 (yes laugh at me for using the worse brower possible). Just wanted to let you admins know in case there is something wrong with the site. I haven't tried it in a different browser though.

See here.