BrickArtist

[MOC] UCS Infantry Support Platform

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I'm back with more! My most recent UCS model-The Ifantry Support Platform. It's a heavy variant of the BARC, so I felt yo compelled to do another, more accurate, UCS model of it. So I wanted to do a studded UCS this time around. Pretty much due to the fact that I am very low on tiles. Some portions of the build pleased me...others did not :vader: Anyways hope you like it, and please leave a little feedback behind :classic:

So here's a shot of the completed model, and one of the real ISP:

isp.jpg

Swamp_Speeder.jpg

Here's a shot of the fan at the back, I was pleased with the appearance of the old CTT wheel.

isp2.jpg

And a shot of the forward guns:

isp3.jpg

Thanks for looking, please leave behind some good ole C&C! :sweet: Also be sure to check out my UCS BARC here.

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

Oh wow, TWO UCS builds? In any case, this is pretty slick. Expect a PM from me soon... :wink::thumbup:

I'm on a rampage-And I NEED to make a bricklink order. I didn't wreck the BARC so I'm very pressed for parts...

Yup-I'm gonna stay UCS for a little while. My last model received more recognition than anything I've ever built...So naturally I'm making more like it.

Haha, I just sent you one :laugh:

Its pretty nice. Maybe you should use some hose pieces to make the belts, like the real one has? Just an idea.

Thanks!

Damn, I forgot to situate the clickys. That would look too thin, but I know what you mean. I'm gonna put rounded bricks on those parts. :thumbup:

Edited by DobbyClone

Looking pretty good, but there are a few things I would change.

1. Beef up those cliky hinges on the back, and see if theres any way to round them and have them flush with the rest of the speeder.

2. Put less space between the angle of the support beam and the nose of the ship, theres a big flat area over there that looks rather odd, and possibly elevate the angle a bit more

3. detailing on the forward sheilds, specifically the two racing marks on both sides

4. The ends of the hemisphere on the back need to end rounded, use either 2x2 rounded "boob" pieces, or use 2x2 discs.

5. the "wings" on the aft section of the engine block need to be more rounded, and turned around so as to correspond with the real model.

6. put rounded plates on top of the stripes on the hemisphere at the aft section like on the real model

7. Use Dk Red cones in place of the grey cones on the forward guns if you can, or the "fez" piece if you have them

8. A picture of the back section would be nice so we can further critique it.

All and all, these are just minor things, right now it's looking really good!

Oh, and see if you can't make a stand for it.

Looking pretty good, but there are a few things I would change.

1. Beef up those cliky hinges on the back, and see if theres any way to round them and have them flush with the rest of the speeder.

2. Put less space between the angle of the support beam and the nose of the ship, theres a big flat area over there that looks rather odd, and possibly elevate the angle a bit more

3. detailing on the forward sheilds, specifically the two racing marks on both sides

4. The ends of the hemisphere on the back need to end rounded, use either 2x2 rounded "boob" pieces, or use 2x2 discs.

5. the "wings" on the aft section of the engine block need to be more rounded, and turned around so as to correspond with the real model.

6. put rounded plates on top of the stripes on the hemisphere at the aft section like on the real model

7. Use Dk Red cones in place of the grey cones on the forward guns if you can, or the "fez" piece if you have them

8. A picture of the back section would be nice so we can further critique it.

All and all, these are just minor things, right now it's looking really good!

Oh, and see if you can't make a stand for it.

*huh* Now that's what I call constructive criticism! :thumbup: Thanks Sok, I'm starting to do work on it now.

BTW Fallen, would you mind using this^ format when criticizing in the future? It's just so easy to read. :sweet:

*huh* Now that's what I call constructive criticism! :thumbup: Thanks Sok, I'm starting to do work on it now.

Yeah, I was channeling Fallenangel and Brickdoctor when I wrote that :laugh:

Looks great so far DC, you sure are on a UCS-building mode these days huh? :wink: I know you're hungry for constructive criticisms, so I have a couple of initial suggestions:

1. The seats look disproportionately larger compared to the ones in the reference image. You might have to make yours smaller. And don't forget the seatbelts.

2. This maybe just me, but I prefer a less-studded look, especially on the twin-cover thingy area, to approximate the smoothness of the real thing.

Those are just a couple I could think of right now, I'll suggest again once I get a second closer look.

Yeah, I was channeling Fallenangel and Brickdoctor when I wrote that :laugh:

Second time he's been beaten to his own game this week.

Fallen: 0

Everyone Else-2

:laugh:

Looks great so far DC, you sure are on a UCS-building mode these days huh? :wink: I know you're hungry for constructive criticisms, so I have a couple of initial suggestions:

1. The seats look disproportionately larger compared to the ones in the reference image. You might have to make yours smaller. And don't forget the seatbelts.

2. This maybe just me, but I prefer a less-studded look, especially on the twin-cover thingy area, to approximate the smoothness of the real thing.

Those are just a couple I could think of right now, I'll suggest again once I get a second closer look.

I was having trouble with belts, any suggestions?

Yeah-I would love vor it to be smooth, but my current bley-brick situation absolutely won't allow SNOT or Tiles :sad:

Edited by DobbyClone

Nice job, DobbyClone!

Mostly what bothers me is your use of wedge plates for curved areas. The back half-ring especially needs beefing up, as sok said.

Nice job, DobbyClone!

Mostly what bothers me is your use of wedge plates for curved areas. The back half-ring especially needs beefing up, as sok said.

Wait like a half-an-hour :wink:

Second time he's been beaten to his own game this week.

Fallen: 0

Everyone Else-2

:laugh:

Eh, it's not a contest. It's nice to see I'm not the only one taking your MOCs seriously. Besides, with the amount of constructive criticism I've given on past models, the score is really more like this:

Fallen: 327*

Everyone Else: 2

*See what I did there?

Shouldn't that be changed to 309 now?

Eh, I'm still 'fallenangel327' on brickshelf. And besides, 327 is a bigger number. :tongue:

This is a great moc dobbyclone! Although I prefer it to be with less studs shown, I think it looks really good. But the middle bar thing (srry dont know what its name is) should be in a different angle.

Eh, it's not a contest. It's nice to see I'm not the only one taking your MOCs seriously. Besides, with the amount of constructive criticism I've given on past models, the score is really more like this:

Fallen: 327*

Everyone Else: 2

*See what I did there?

We're just kiddin' with ya.

Very clever.

This is a great moc dobbyclone! Although I prefer it to be with less studs shown, I think it looks really good. But the middle bar thing (srry dont know what its name is) should be in a different angle.

Thanks, yup those need to be more gradual.

This looks great! I think you might want to bulk up the back round part, and I agree the seats can use some more work. BTW great job Anio.

Great job :thumbup:

Sometimes, a pic is worth 1000 words.

snip

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3839558

And sometimes people leave helpful comments rather than a pic of some random rendition :sceptic:

This looks great! I think you might want to bulk up the back round part, and I agree the seats can use some more work. BTW great job Anio.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks, darth! I'm BLing parts soon.

Edited by DobbyClone

And sometimes people leave helpful comments rather than a pic of some random rendition :sceptic:

You can learn a lot from looking at others' renditions of vehicles, UCS or otherwise. (I know I did!) For example, Gareth's model demonstrates about how thick the ring around the craft should be...

You can learn a lot from looking at others' renditions of vehicles, UCS or otherwise. (I know I did!) For example, Gareth's model demonstrates about how thick the ring around the craft should be...

I agree. That picture demonstrates a lot of things that you should take into consideration for your model, and it doesn't really need a lengthy description to ooze NPUs and awesomeness. Plus it's most certainly not a random MOC. Gareth makes some of the best UCS models around.

I agree. That picture demonstrates a lot of things that you should take into consideration for your model, and it doesn't really need a lengthy description to ooze NPUs and awesomeness. Plus it's most certainly not a random MOC. Gareth makes some of the best UCS models around.

I suppose. The back ring is something I'm having a little bit of trouble with, any ideas on how to go it? Gareths uses that X-Wing piece, but I'm not gonna make this in white. Right now I'm trying rounded bricks.

I suppose. The back ring is something I'm having a little bit of trouble with, any ideas on how to go it? Gareths uses that X-Wing piece, but I'm not gonna make this in white. Right now I'm trying rounded bricks.

Perhaps you could do something like this, but with round bricks?

Perhaps you could do something like this, but with round bricks?

That would probably make it easier if they were round since you can put a bendable rod through it.