• Please log in to reply
791 replies to this topic

#676 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

• Experiencing difficulty...eth

Member: 14331

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

View PostTontus, on 02 March 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

Another tip - don't try cutting the crotch area to give them independant moving legs. I tried and it doesn't work like I thought it would.

Just cutting doesn't work but I did get independent legs after quite a bit of work.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

#677 Tontus

Tontus

Member: 20444

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

View Postdarkdragon, on 02 March 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Just cutting doesn't work but I did get independent legs after quite a bit of work.

Care to share what work? Maybe you are more patient (or smarter)than I am, but I couldn't figure out a decent way to go about it that would still look good. I eventually figured the payoff wasn't worth the effort and I gave up. The bright side is that Heartlake now has a serial killer that dismembers her victims and leaves body parts lying around.

#678 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Member: 4916

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I just found a single copy of 30105 Mailbox at Walmart today. Strangely, there weren't any other polybags there. I couldn't drive myself to pick it up, though.

#679 Dazmundo

Dazmundo

Member: 15166

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

I was at Legoland Windsor today and thought I should share something that I heard from one of the members of staff about Friends.

They said they they were stopping stocking it... Why? I hear you ask.... Because it is too popular, they just can't keep it on the shelves!!

Now that sounds very wierd to me, maybe they meant in that particular shop, not on the site altogether, enabling them to concentrate all their stock in one shop so that people can find the sets they want.

What they said about it not staying on the shelves was totally correct, by the end of the day the friends shelves were decimated, about the only sets left were 3315 Olivia's House and a couple of copies of 3933 Olivia's Invention Workshop

D
My Sets
Posted Image      Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image      Posted Image

#680 mrklaw

mrklaw

Member: 14078

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostDazmundo, on 13 April 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

I was at Legoland Windsor today and thought I should share something that I heard from one of the members of staff about Friends.

They said they they were stopping stocking it... Why? I hear you ask.... Because it is too popular, they just can't keep it on the shelves!!

Now that sounds very wierd to me, maybe they meant in that particular shop, not on the site altogether, enabling them to concentrate all their stock in one shop so that people can find the sets they want.

What they said about it not staying on the shelves was totally correct, by the end of the day the friends shelves were decimated, about the only sets left were 3315 Olivia's House and a couple of copies of 3933 Olivia's Invention Workshop

D

Legoland Windsor is an odd place for buying Lego. Quite often they'll have older or less popular sets. Maybe they figure tourists will buy any old rubbish and so don't bother with good stuff? It was only last year they started doing the bigger 'exclusive' sets and architecture, but then they don't give you a discount like they do on normal sales (if you have an annual pass)

#681 Dazmundo

Dazmundo

Member: 15166

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postmrklaw, on 13 April 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Legoland Windsor is an odd place for buying Lego. Quite often they'll have older or less popular sets. Maybe they figure tourists will buy any old rubbish and so don't bother with good stuff? It was only last year they started doing the bigger 'exclusive' sets and architecture, but then they don't give you a discount like they do on normal sales (if you have an annual pass)
I think especially at the beginning of the season their stock is a bit out of date as it's last years, and remember they are not a real Lego shop hence no VIP points. It is a real pain about the lack of discount on the 10*** sets though.
Nearly bought 7597 Toy Story Train as it had a good discount on it in the Last Chance store (above Star Wars Miniland) it was about 30 or 40% off I can't remember exactly

D
My Sets
Posted Image      Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image      Posted Image

#682 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Member: 10965

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

Finally found this thread. Unfortunately it did not provide me with what I came looking for.

Why in the Town forum can we easily find the set info on all the City sets but not for Friends? (Why is Friends not part of the Special Themes forum anyway? The minifigs hardly go together, just like Fabuland & Belville, and they are in the Special Themes forum.) There isn't even a sticky for Friends, or a convenient link to it that I could find. Or would I find all of this if I had access to the Ladies' Lounge?
Lego is not a dirty word

#683 Rick

Rick

• Subtle like a hammer

Member: 5261

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostArtanis I, on 02 May 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

Finally found this thread. Unfortunately it did not provide me with what I came looking for.
What were you looking for?

Friends reviews can be found in the review index. And with the release of pictures of the second wave of Friends sets, we should really update the first post with pictures (soon... :blush: ).

(Why is Friends not part of the Special Themes forum anyway? The minifigs hardly go together, just like Fabuland & Belville, and they are in the Special Themes forum.)
The decision was made because Friends uses a City setting with many buildings that could easily be integrated into an average tabletown. Also, the scale is more or less the same. Some themes just don't "naturally" fit in one of our theme forums, so a decision has to be made on where to put them (like putting LotR in Historic Themes and PotC in Pirates, as opposed to Licensed Themes).

Or would I find all of this if I had access to the Ladies' Lounge?
No, the Ladies don't get any preferential treatment. At least not when it comes to accessing Friends information. :wink:

Pictures of the Summer wave of Friends sets (click for higher resolution images):
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#684 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Thanks.

View PostRick, on 02 May 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

What were you looking for?
Summaries of the sets, like Hinckley has done for the City sets, which I hoped would be in the first post here. (and other subforums have stickied or linked from a sticky) Do we have the first wave here somewhere too?

I know I can find existing sets pics & info on BL, Brickset etc but I thought it might be nice to see them here, as all other themes are.

Also, (now I know - but didn't before,) it's not obvious where to find Friends stuff here (on EB), as it's not listed under any of the subforums and there were no topics on the front page of any subforum, nor links in any of the stickied posts. I found this thread eventually through the search function.

Edited by Artanis I, 02 May 2012 - 07:47 AM.

Lego is not a dirty word

#685 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

While not a fan of the Friends line, I do like the camper, small speed boat, and the VW Microbus. I really may have to get the camper van, especially with that teal bicycle  Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#686 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostRick, on 02 May 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

{pics of new 2012 summer friends sets}
The Boat set is cool, the Riding Club set looks nice, and the Camper set is a great recolor of the 2009 City Camper set (and I like recolors, but $30 is a bit overpriced). :sweet:
I like the sheet music in Mia's room, but the rest of the sets are bleh. The Plain set is especially disappointing. :sad:

Edited by just2good, 03 May 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#687 Redhead1982

Redhead1982

• Silver Redhead Reviewer

Member: 23488

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am looking forward mostly to the new bluish bicycle, the camper itself is not so fascinating, but the bike, surf-board and red kitchen-ware are great enough. I'm highly likely to get Mia's bedroom, whereas I'm still thinking about the Horse riding camp. I wasn't planning on buying that one, but these last pictures are showing off some interesting details, so I'll definitely consider it.

#688 TAFOL

TAFOL

Member: 27725

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

View PostLego Guy Bri, on 02 May 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

I really may have to get the camper van, especially with that teal bicycle  Posted Image
Teal? I thought that bike was a medium azure color, but I could be mistaken.

#689 EDGE

EDGE

Member: 7943

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

"3316 LEGO Friends Advent Calendar" New package image.
http://legojapan.see.../268479021.html
6th image

#690 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'll be buying Mia's music room as a parts pack. The sheet music (brasso removing the pink and teal printing on it), the drum kit design (swapping out the pink parts for black), and the book.

Now the question is, what do I do with the minidoll?

Posted Image

#691 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• Likes pinching Klingons

Member: 5222

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

I've got a couple of these Friends sets, (they're really my little sister's, but yuknow...) :grin:  And I really dig them! So many new parts and colours! :cry_happy:
I do have a question though; Are the arms of the minidolls removable? I'm sure someone's already asked, but it's not anywhere in the past 2 pages.
I love some of these upcoming sets too! Especially the riding camp set! It's huge! Also, the flight school set is great! Overall, I'm quite pleased with the theme.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

OCTAN IS HIRING! SIGN UP NOW! Join us in Eurobrick's newest Sci-fi RBG, Andromeda's Gates! Let's build worlds together!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted Image Posted Image

Sylph Solanum LvL 25 Druid in Heroica

Danielle Long, Scientist among the stars working for Octan in Andromeda Gates.

/|\_M_/|\
|

#692 Artanis I

Artanis I

• Who's Friggin' Dan?

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Thanks heaps Rick & Hinck for the updates, much appreciated.

A little advice for Mia: probably not a good idea to play drums in a short skirt...
Lego is not a dirty word

#693 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

These new sets looks amazing. It's Paradisa 2.0!There is so many cute details (can you see marshmalows?!), new horses looks great and I am impresed how much playablity they have without any traps and flickfire missles!

Edited by Lordofdragonss, 07 May 2012 - 07:31 AM.

High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#694 GRogall

GRogall

• Firmly in place and absolutely straight

Member: 2674

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

HR image of the Advent Calendar!

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Posted Image

#695 meyerc13

meyerc13

Member: 8246

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostDannylonglegs, on 07 May 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Are the arms of the minidolls removable?

Check this out for an in depth dissection (literally) of the mini-doll:  http://www.brothers-...lls-guest-post/
Christopher Meyer

#696 just2good

just2good

• Bothan Spy #8

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostGRogall, on 07 May 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

HR image of the Advent Calendar!
{pic}
Enjoy!
Thanks again 'GRogall' for the billionth time. :tongue:
Considering the set is $35, it doesn't look like it will be worth the money. I just wish they would include all five of the main  characters. I do like the newly colored skis. :thumbup:

#697 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I have been told that in Oz, there are no more large sets, no more cafes, vet clinics and houses.....plus they were not getting any more in the country, why is a good question ? :look:

#698 Bricksan

Bricksan

• Bib 6126 eats miles

Member: 19010

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

I spoke to the main designer at the LEGO Show at the weekend and he was awesome to speak to. He told me the Friends theme will be around fro as long as it's popular enough, just like the City theme. 2013 waves promises to be interesting.
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics

Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#699 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• Likes pinching Klingons

Member: 5222

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

View Postmeyerc13, on 07 May 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Check this out for an in depth dissection (literally) of the mini-doll:  http://www.brothers-...lls-guest-post/
Thanks! And that custom fig is the bossest!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs, 08 May 2012 - 02:21 AM.

OCTAN IS HIRING! SIGN UP NOW! Join us in Eurobrick's newest Sci-fi RBG, Andromeda's Gates! Let's build worlds together!

Here's my Flickr account.

Posted Image Posted Image

Sylph Solanum LvL 25 Druid in Heroica

Danielle Long, Scientist among the stars working for Octan in Andromeda Gates.

/|\_M_/|\
|

#700 Venunder

Venunder

Member: 26358

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

I find myself liking these sets more and more. There are some really useful colours and bricks.
I also like the new animals.
Although the Rabbit is huge in comparison to the kitten and Puppy. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users