As dawn broke, the screams of the convicted chef Ravi Bombay subsided.
Since the chef wasn't around to do his daily chores anymore, setting up the breakfast buffet was left to the bartender Dreo Jacmel, while the quiet maid Raquel Benito Juarez mopped up the dining room. They both worked in silence, as if even a whisper could make the island explode.
Soon the remaining members of the staff - the lifeguard Claudia Toscana, the janitor Danielle Barrie and the personal trainer Geert Rotterdam - arrived to the morning briefing. However, with Sunday dead and Mr. Crusoe occupied upstairs, there was nobody to brief them, so they just drank their morning coffee.
Then the guests started coming in. Each time the door opened, everybody turned to see who it was. Who would be the unlucky sod who did not live through the night?
But as the last of the guests walked in, they all realized that nobody had died. Could it be that they had hit the jackpot on the first day and convicted the murderer? Had the chef worked alone after all, despite what the note said?
Thinking that their vacation could now continue, the exhilarated group ran outside. They felt like the nightmare was over before it had even started.
Then Mr. Crusoe came out, wiping his knife to a bloody rag. He had heard the laughter and gleeful chatter of the crowd, and thought was a bunch of blasted idiots he was dealing with. He had just spent the night torturing a man to death, and he wasn't going to listen anyone be happy about it.
Mr. Crusoe shouted everybody to shut up and listen to him. The smiles on everybody's faces quickly faded as they learned that Ravi Bombay had most definitely been an innocent member of the Town, no doubt about it. So the killer - or killers - were still out there, they had just been unlucky in catching a victim last night.
The disgruntled Mr. Crusoe turned his back on the crowd, saying he needed some sleep after spending the night awake. He would return to them at noon to start another voting.
1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.
2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
8. You may not edit your posts.
9. You must post in every day thread.
10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.
Claudia Toscana, the Lifeguard (Captain Tamamono)
Danielle Barrie, the Janitor (Dan the Brickman)
Dreo Jacmel, the Bartender (dr jones)
Geert Rotterdam, the Personal Trainer (Gregorovich)
Raquel Benito Juarez, the Maid (Raven Brickroft)
Bridget Darwin (Brickdoctor)
Casey Roswell (Capt. Redblade)
Colette LeMans (KielDaMan)
Cruz Fortaleza (CommanderFox)
Erin Ennis (Euvor)
Keith Worthing (KartoffelViking)
Kylan Ise (Cutlass Iz)
Panda Panjin (Pandora)
Siegmund Freiburg (smittyfan)
Vanya Livny (Baylego)
Ravi Bombay, the Chef (RvB) - Town - convicted on Day One - Failed
The voting starts 24 hours from now. There are 15 players in the game, so it takes 8 votes to convict a person.