Jump to content


Death Star Elevators


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Posted Image


Disguised as stormtroopers,
Han and Luke escort Chewbacca through the various levels of the Death Star to get to detention block AA-23,
as part of their plan to rescue Princess Leia.


Posted Image


As usual, click the pic for more details...

AC
Posted Image

#2 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21548
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

Even though those look like pipelines and the minifigs are walking on the walls, great job. :grin:

#3 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10413
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Wow! I love it, it looks just like the scene in LSW :thumbup:

#4 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6235
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Great work on a classic scene AC, I changed your picture to one that is orientated the correct way. Would you mind posting a resized one later? Cheers

Love the look of the scene with the wall designs being top notch. :thumbup:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Gungans taste like chicken


    Posts: 21088
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

Again you amaze us 'ACPin'....I hope you do the scene when all hell breaks loose.....'Where are you going with that thing ?' :wink:
Keep them comming 'ACPin' and may the brick be with you ! :grin:

#6 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:08 AM

Great job as usuall, AC. I would suggest you revise the panel of lights above the doorway, though. The combo of single studs, and 1x1 plates, and the color scheme feels a bit out of place. The older macaroni bricks look a little odd combined with bley IMO.  :sweet:

Edited by DobbyClone, 12 March 2011 - 12:10 AM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#7 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:12 AM

Fantastic, I remember this from the movie obviously, but it really looks like the version in the LEGO game.

Spot on.  I don't even understand how you can have the time to create all these masterpieces. *oh2*

#8 StoutFiles

StoutFiles

    Posts: 1042
    Joined: 13-October 10
    Member: 13725
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Is Chewy standing on a brown stud for the extra height?  If so, great job at hiding it, it looks like the reflection initially.

#9 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Amazing build as always AC! What I really like about this is that you still managed to take the build of the wall on a different level by skewing it an angle, where a normal MOCer would have just built it straight. Any particular reason why you did that? Overall, it's a pleasure to look at this creation which really captures the movie scene very well. :thumbup:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#10 Ceroknight

Ceroknight

  • Straight Up Cero!


    Posts: 3037
    Joined: 30-August 10
    Member: 12949
    Country: Canada

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

very cool  :classic:
reminds me of the game for some reason, which is good  :classic:
Ceroknight
Posted Image Posted Image
Photo by Librarian-bot:His Fantastic Deviantart page
Brickset  Flickr

#11 star wars didi

star wars didi

    Posts: 3
    Joined: 12-March 11
    Member: 16544

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

Spam post deleted

Edited by KielDaMan, 12 March 2011 - 01:24 PM.
spam post


#12 Bob

Bob

  • Existential Iffy-ness


    Posts: 3027
    Joined: 08-July 08
    Member: 3487
    Country: USA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

I love your Death Star MOC's out of anything you've done. In my opinion, the best MOC you've built is the huge Death Star Playset with about 20 different rooms and buildings. I hope you're trying to build another better one now, because that would be awesome.  :thumbup:

As usual, the attention to detail, and the little extra touches make this amazing. I don't know how you have a day job to support this hobby, you're always building these huge creations.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Click the Spock to see the guided tour through Lexington, my city.
Bob from various Mafia Games


Brickshelf


#13 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Posts: 1590
    Joined: 17-August 10
    Member: 12637
    Country: USA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

WOW that looks huge!!! Only issue is I think the white "lights" should be staggered/overlap each other more. if that makes any sense.

#14 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 11 March 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

Even though those look like pipelines and the minifigs are walking on the walls, great job. :grin:
:laugh:

View Postprateek, on 11 March 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

Wow! I love it, it looks just like the scene in LSW :thumbup:
It was meant to be.

View PostI Scream Clone, on 11 March 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

Great work on a classic scene AC, I changed your picture to one that is orientated the correct way. Would you mind posting a resized one later? Cheers

Love the look of the scene with the wall designs being top notch. :thumbup:
Fixed.

View Postlightningtiger, on 11 March 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Again you amaze us 'ACPin'....I hope you do the scene when all hell breaks loose.....'Where are you going with that thing ?' :wink:
Keep them comming 'ACPin' and may the brick be with you ! :grin:
You'll just have to wait and see how far this goes.  :grin:

View PostDobbyClone, on 12 March 2011 - 12:08 AM, said:

Great job as usuall, AC. I would suggest you revise the panel of lights above the doorway, though. The combo of single studs, and 1x1 plates, and the color scheme feels a bit out of place. The older macaroni bricks look a little odd combined with bley IMO.  :sweet:
Have you actually seen what the screen cap look like for this scene?

View PostBig Cam, on 12 March 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

Fantastic, I remember this from the movie obviously, but it really looks like the version in the LEGO game.

Spot on.  I don't even understand how you can have the time to create all these masterpieces. *oh2*
Always good to have reference pics to work with and takes a lot of patience for redundant details (lighting panels). Wanna help out sometime?  :wink:

View PostStoutFiles, on 12 March 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

Is Chewy standing on a brown stud for the extra height?  If so, great job at hiding it, it looks like the reflection initially.
Yes just like in the hallway.

View PostKielDaMan, on 12 March 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

Amazing build as always AC! What I really like about this is that you still managed to take the build of the wall on a different level by skewing it an angle, where a normal MOCer would have just built it straight. Any particular reason why you did that? Overall, it's a pleasure to look at this creation which really captures the movie scene very well. :thumbup:
The scene was from the inside core of the Death Star which is in a circular pattern and that's why it was done that way.

View Postceroknight, on 12 March 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

very cool  :classic:
reminds me of the game for some reason, which is good  :classic:
:sweet:

View PostBob the Construction Man, on 12 March 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

I love your Death Star MOC's out of anything you've done. In my opinion, the best MOC you've built is the huge Death Star Playset with about 20 different rooms and buildings. I hope you're trying to build another better one now, because that would be awesome.  :thumbup:

As usual, the attention to detail, and the little extra touches make this amazing. I don't know how you have a day job to support this hobby, you're always building these huge creations.
That MOC was the first really big creation that I've done and surprised that you remembered it.

View PostSolscud007, on 12 March 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

WOW that looks huge!!! Only issue is I think the white "lights" should be staggered/overlap each other more. if that makes any sense.
I know what you mean about the lighting panels but that was gonna take even longer.  

AC
Posted Image

#15 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

View PostACPin, on 12 March 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:


Have you actually seen what the screen cap look like for this scene?

Yep, I have. And on those flashing light panels it's flat, not textural. The old system-set tie control panel would execute that portion of the build.

You also, as KDM points out built it off set, which gives it a sort of blocky transition. Why didn't you just build it straight across and then angle it with the door being at a 90 degree angle and using a angled plate to make the transition? That would have gotten rid of the sort of blocky look.  :look:
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#16 Matiam92

Matiam92

    Posts: 115
    Joined: 24-August 09
    Member: 7160
    Country: United States

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostDobbyClone, on 12 March 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

You also, as KDM points out built it off set, which gives it a sort of blocky transition. Why didn't you just build it straight across and then angle it with the door being at a 90 degree angle and using a angled plate to make the transition? That would have gotten rid of the sort of blocky look.  :look:
But isn't that how it is supposed to be?
MatIAm92

What is the difference between a bad golfer ad a bad skydiver? A bad golfer goes: *whack* , darn.... and a bad skydiver goes darn, *Whack*

#17 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

    Posts: 4154
    Joined: 31-October 09
    Member: 8037
    Country: Italy

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Oh this is huge!
Really perfect architecture, I like the lights and the scene! :blush:

Posted Image   Posted Image

#18 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:20 AM

View PostDobbyClone, on 12 March 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

Yep, I have. And on those flashing light panels it's flat, not textural. The old system-set tie control panel would execute that portion of the build.

You also, as KDM points out built it off set, which gives it a sort of blocky transition. Why didn't you just build it straight across and then angle it with the door being at a 90 degree angle and using a angled plate to make the transition? That would have gotten rid of the sort of blocky look.  :look:
Tough but it's already a completed MOC and my design, so live with it! :devil:

View PostMatiam92, on 12 March 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

But isn't that how it is supposed to be?
Exactly.

View PostLEGO Train 12 Volts, on 12 March 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Oh this is huge!
Really perfect architecture, I like the lights and the scene! :blush:

:sweet:

AC
Posted Image

#19 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:08 AM

View PostACPin, on 13 March 2011 - 03:20 AM, said:

Tough but it's already a completed MOC and my design, so live with it! :devil:
If that's your way of accepting constructive criticisms, then so be it. I always offer my advice no matter what the credentials of MOCer or MOC are. IMO designs can always be improved, and only can they be improved by people not being to shy to express their honest opinion on it. If you don't want people to say they don't like your MOC, so be it. I'll never be Bias in my distribution of feedback.
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#20 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

Let's all try to keep a positive tone when giving and receiving feedback and criticisms shall we? Do remember that every MOCer has their own style of doing things, some do it on a one-shot build, while some go the continuous revision/improvement route. So let's just respect each other's style and keep this a friendly discussion and exchange of views ok? :classic:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#21 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

View PostDobbyClone, on 13 March 2011 - 04:08 AM, said:

If that's your way of accepting constructive criticisms, then so be it. I always offer my advice no matter what the credentials of MOCer or MOC are. IMO designs can always be improved, and only can they be improved by people not being to shy to express their honest opinion on it. If you don't want people to say they don't like your MOC, so be it. I'll never be Bias in my distribution of feedback.
Like I said it's done and I don't redo MOCs for the sake of improving a little bit of this or that. Viewers can say whatever they want as I don't have any control on that. This is a hobby for me and I enjoy what I do. If viewers like it then it's just icing on the cake for me. If not, so be it and move on to the next MOC.

View PostKielDaMan, on 13 March 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

Let's all try to keep a positive tone when giving and receiving feedback and criticisms shall we? Do remember that every MOCer has their own style of doing things, some do it on a one-shot build, while some go the continuous revision/improvement route. So let's just respect each other's style and keep this a friendly discussion and exchange of views ok? :classic:
Sorry KDM but some people just don't get it.

AC
Posted Image

#22 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:55 PM

Sorry KDM. AC, with all due respect, you could have said something more mature to reply to my advice other than what you did say. I respect that you do them as a hobby, but it seems as though you dismiss the fact that all models have flaws, even your. You could have said something like "Thanks for your advice, however I usually don't revisit models after they are completed". Out of respect for the MOCer I always give my feedback, I believe that comments that just say it's 'cool' aren't worth administering. I offered my advice on how you could make an improved model, and you dismissed it. This is an AFOL site, remember that...
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#23 ACPin

ACPin

  • Fantastically Plastic Man


    Posts: 1653
    Joined: 14-February 10
    Member: 9552
    Country: USA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostDobbyClone, on 13 March 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

Sorry KDM. AC, with all due respect, you could have said something more mature to reply to my advice other than what you did say. I respect that you do them as a hobby, but it seems as though you dismiss the fact that all models have flaws, even your. You could have said something like "Thanks for your advice, however I usually don't revisit models after they are completed". Out of respect for the MOCer I always give my feedback, I believe that comments that just say it's 'cool' aren't worth administering. I offered my advice on how you could make an improved model, and you dismissed it. This is an AFOL site, remember that...
Let's move on and didn't mean to sound harsh in my responses.

AC
Posted Image

#24 Fuzzylegobricks

Fuzzylegobricks

    Posts: 1260
    Joined: 12-September 10
    Member: 13204
    Country: USA

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

Amazing Scene!
Won as Bianca Lamb in Hinckley's Mafia School Fabuland Housewives!

#25 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

  • im from no-caps country


    Posts: 856
    Joined: 01-June 10
    Member: 11065
    Country: USA

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

Wow!  It looks incredible.  It includes such detailed accurate ... everything.
Great job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users