Sign in to follow this  
Masked Builder

[MOC] Ninjago!

Yup another Ninjago MOC. Mostly because I really wanted to use the sand orange parts, and Sensi Wu. I also worked on my fig posing in this one.

img_3199.jpg

img_3201.jpg

img_3204.jpg

img_3205.jpg

img_3206.jpg

Built February 2011

Brickshelf gallery. (When moderated)

Flickr

Nice work! I like the sand orange colour as the ground, it looks good, and your transition to snot water looks really good. It's a very 'clean' creation.

I do feel it is lacking a little substance, however. If this one is still around, or in your next build, try adding some variety to the ground. Colour change, tiling, studs, plants, etc.

Great work though! :thumbup:

Very nice creation 'Masked Builder', true it could do with some more plant life - some bamboo maybe sticking out of the water.

Great SNOT water feature though.....Brick On 'Masked Builder' ! :grin:

That'd be "Dark Orange", not Sand Orange. See here for details. "Sand Orange" might confuse people, since that's what some people were calling the new color from Prince of Persia (officially 312 Medium Nougat).

While the color of the ground is of course visually appealing (it contrasts nicely with the water), the angles of the shoreline are fairly boring, and I'm sure with another color you could easily find a greater variety of wedge pieces to make a more appealing curve. The tree also seems a bit out-of-place, since the soil around it doesn't seem very fertile-- perhaps you could add some grass on top of the soil further from the shore to make it seem more nourishing.

Lastly, the water itself isn't very exciting. If you could maybe have some reeds, lilypads, or some similar detail, it could make the vignette considerably more exciting. Since a vignette tends to be small by nature, you want to make it use its space really well-- that means you want something attractive and visually exciting going on all across the vignette from corner to corner.

Very nice idea!

The vignette is empty. As others have said some details in the water and the vegetation is good.

I started a oriental trend, you can get some idea if you like.

I see you've re-used that well-built base MB, the inclusion of the water is a nice detail. Like what the others have said, a few more elements on the shore like additional rock formations or plant life would improve the whole build, but I do like the training posing of the minifigs.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'll definitely try to work some of them into my next Ninjago MOC. :wink:

I do feel it is lacking a little substance, however. If this one is still around, or in your next build, try adding some variety to the ground. Colour change, tiling, studs, plants, etc.

Thanks! And I'll try that. :classic:

That'd be "Dark Orange", not Sand Orange. See here for details. "Sand Orange" might confuse people, since that's what some people were calling the new color from Prince of Persia (officially 312 Medium Nougat).

Whoops! :grin: