Jump to content


The Fastest and Funniest Star Wars Story Ever Told! Part 2


36 replies to this topic

#1 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 269
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:24 AM

Posted Image
When I got my LEGO club magazine yesterday, I saw on the back cover that on May 4th that there will be a sequel video to that came out last year. It will be the prequels!!!!!!! :grin:
The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious

#2 CallMePie

CallMePie

  • Magic 8 Ball


    Posts: 12205
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

View PostDarthR2-D2, on 05 March 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

When I got my LEGO club magazine yesterday, I saw on the back cover that on May 4th that there will be a sequel video to that came out last year. It will be the prequels!!!!!!! :grin:

I saw that too...but I don't remember the original.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 33 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 4 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#3 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21333
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:31 AM

View PostCallMePie, on 05 March 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

I saw that too...but I don't remember the original.
It's the one where the kid narrates the OT in 5 minutes while stock sets act it out.

Even though I like the OT better than the PT, I am looking forward to this. The animation in the first was really well done.

#4 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

  • RA Anniversary HP reviewer


    Posts: 1610
    Joined: 25-May 09
    Member: 6188
    Country: USA

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 05 March 2011 - 03:31 AM, said:

The animation in the first was really well done.

Agreed! I'm looking forward to it too. Thanks for the heads up.

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!


#5 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 19105
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

Interesting news, but we all know that PT doesn't have a happy ending....so the question how do you make something dark child friendly and funny ?
Oh, well......I can't wait neither and my son will love seeing it ! :wink:

#6 sok117

sok117

  • Grammer and Speling Professorr


    Posts: 2223
    Joined: 21-July 09
    Member: 6766
    Country: canada

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:28 AM

I'm so excited! The last one was really good IMO, but I don't understand their choice of parts, some things were really old, and others were really new, but they couldn't give figs their respective outfits..
~Sok117

#7 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21333
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:00 AM

View Postsok117, on 05 March 2011 - 04:28 AM, said:

I'm so excited! The last one was really good IMO, but I don't understand their choice of parts, some things were really old, and others were really new, but they couldn't give figs their respective outfits..
I think they were just working with whatever they could spare.

#8 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

I might've been living under some rock, since it's the first time I saw this exceptionally-done and highly-entertaining video. I'm also eagerly looking forward for the 2nd Part. :sweet:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#9 frankdewdrop

frankdewdrop

    Posts: 2
    Joined: 10-March 11
    Member: 16502

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostDarthR2-D2, on 05 March 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

When I got my LEGO club magazine yesterday, I saw on the back cover that on May 4th that there will be a sequel video to that came out last year. It will be the prequels!!!!!!! :grin:
The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told


I am a Spanish man who is helping his little son to introduce in the learning of English. I would like to use some cartoons or stories like " the fastest and funniest Star Wars Story ever told" to get it: My son does really like it
A LOT. But I´ve got a big problem: I´m not able to understand what they are talking about. My English is not good enough. Would any of you be so kind to help me posting what they say,- WRITTEN IN ENGLISH - ?
It would be great. Thanks, anyway.
here is my e-mail address: frankpasgar@gmail.com

#10 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

  • Can't remember his own name


    Posts: 3368
    Joined: 26-February 09
    Member: 5406
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Definitely looking forward to part 2! :thumbup:  I wonder if they'll have the same annoying kid voicing it though?

CF
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#11 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 269
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

View PostCommanderFox, on 11 March 2011 - 01:27 AM, said:

Definitely looking forward to part 2! :thumbup:  I wonder if they'll have the same annoying kid voicing it though?

CF

I think the voice adds to the humor, its something I would say if I was younger.
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious

#12 chris_austin

chris_austin

    Posts: 270
    Joined: 29-January 08
    Member: 2613
    Country: UK

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:28 AM

View Postfrankdewdrop, on 10 March 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

I am a Spanish man who is helping his little son to introduce in the learning of English. I would like to use some cartoons or stories like " the fastest and funniest Star Wars Story ever told" to get it: My son does really like it
A LOT. But I´ve got a big problem: I´m not able to understand what they are talking about. My English is not good enough. Would any of you be so kind to help me posting what they say,- WRITTEN IN ENGLISH - ?
It would be great. Thanks, anyway.
here is my e-mail address: frankpasgar@gmail.com

Here is the first part, in case you come back here to check:

Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in the desert.
The desert was very boring but he wanted to have a big adventure one day.
Then he met a couple of robots and decided to go save the galaxy and a pretty girl.
So they all went to look for the crazy, old man that lives in the desert.
He told the boy his dad was a jedi knight.
He gave him a magic sword.
Then it was time to go to space but first he needed a ship and a captain.
That guy seemed good plus he had a big hairy side-kick.
So they all went to Alderaan but it exploded so they went to the Death Star instead.
They got chased by some guys, saved the pretty girl, lost the crazy old man and got away.
Then they came back and blew it up.
And they all lived happily ever after.

#13 frankdewdrop

frankdewdrop

    Posts: 2
    Joined: 10-March 11
    Member: 16502

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

View Postchris_austin, on 13 March 2011 - 06:28 AM, said:

Here is the first part, in case you come back here to check:

Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in the desert.
The desert was very boring but he wanted to have a big adventure one day.
Then he met a couple of robots and decided to go save the galaxy and a pretty girl.
So they all went to look for the crazy, old man that lives in the desert.
He told the boy his dad was a jedi knight.
He gave him a magic sword.
Then it was time to go to space but first he needed a ship and a captain.
That guy seemed good plus he had a big hairy side-kick.
So they all went to Alderaan but it exploded so they went to the Death Star instead.
They got chased by some guys, saved the pretty girl, lost the crazy old man and got away.
Then they came back and blew it up.
And they all lived happily ever after.

View Postchris_austin, on 13 March 2011 - 06:28 AM, said:

Here is the first part, in case you come back here to check:

Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in the desert.
The desert was very boring but he wanted to have a big adventure one day.
Then he met a couple of robots and decided to go save the galaxy and a pretty girl.
So they all went to look for the crazy, old man that lives in the desert.
He told the boy his dad was a jedi knight.
He gave him a magic sword.
Then it was time to go to space but first he needed a ship and a captain.
That guy seemed good plus he had a big hairy side-kick.
So they all went to Alderaan but it exploded so they went to the Death Star instead.
They got chased by some guys, saved the pretty girl, lost the crazy old man and got away.
Then they came back and blew it up.
And they all lived happily ever after.


You´ve been very kind. Thanks a lot.It´s been wonderfull and very helpfull. Agai... thank you very much

#14 chris_austin

chris_austin

    Posts: 270
    Joined: 29-January 08
    Member: 2613
    Country: UK

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:21 AM

View Postfrankdewdrop, on 16 March 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

You´ve been very kind. Thanks a lot.It´s been wonderfull and very helpfull. Agai... thank you very much
Until the bad guys found the secret base and messed everything up.
The captain and the pretty girl and the hairy side-kick hid in some space rocks.
While the boy went to learn to be a real Jedi knight just like his dad.
But a big monster ate the ship.
And the boy wasn't very good at it.
So they went to cloud city where the captain ran into his best friend in the whole entire galaxy, sorry, 2nd best, who betrayed them.
Then the boy arrived to save the day.
He was a little bit late and a whole lot in trouble.
Maybe he should have practised more
That was when the boy got some very surprising news about his dad
He didn't take it very well.
This time they didn't live so happily ever after, especially the captain.


So his friends went to resuce him.
It didn't go so well so they tried a different plan.
That one didn't go so well either.
Fortunately it all worked out in the end.
Unfortunatley the bad guys were building a new Death Star.
So the boy and his friends went on a secret mission to go blow it up.
Again.
until they got caught by man-eating teddy bears who became their new friends.
The boy spent the day with his dad and got to meet his dad's boss.
Meanwhile, in space, 'it was a trap!
But their new friends fixed things.
And the boy's dad saved the day
And the death star exploded again
And they all lived happily ever after
Except for that guy.
The end.

Edited by chris_austin, 21 March 2011 - 09:23 AM.


#15 Lord Of The Fries

Lord Of The Fries

    Posts: 427
    Joined: 12-January 11
    Member: 15376
    Country: Down Under!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

If you notice luke doesn't have his proper Bespin outfit on when he is on cloud city but at the start in the Mos Eisley Cantina a guy was wearing luke's uniform. So why didn't they just put that on Luke????

If Practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect,then why practice?
"Do you like popsicles?" - Herbert
My Flickr My YouTube Channel

SSSsssssss.....BOOM!, F*** you Creeper!


#16 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 269
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostLord Of The Fries, on 02 April 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

If you notice luke doesn't have his proper Bespin outfit on when he is on cloud city but at the start in the Mos Eisley Cantina a guy was wearing luke's uniform. So why didn't they just put that on Luke????
I'm really surprised nobody said that earlier. Its a plain tan torso and Indy legs.
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious

#17 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

  • Plate-Removing Addict


    Posts: 5364
    Joined: 21-January 09
    Member: 5070

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well, I thought it was time to dig up this topic seeing as it came out:



I wanted to put this in that comprehensive Official SW Videos thread, but I can't seem to find it.  Shame on me.

As to this video, I think it is nowhere near as good as the first one.  It's fun, though, that they make fun of the PT so much in it, saying how EpI is just a lot of talking and kind of making it seem like nothing really happens in EpII.  I don't know if they could've done it better, but the original was the best so far.
Posted Image

#18 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21333
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

There were some comical parts, and the animation was just as good, as were the sets, but yeah, it doesn't even compare to the first one. And that kid is getting on my nerves.

#19 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Posts: 1556
    Joined: 17-August 10
    Member: 12637
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

PT is general has so many problems. Clonewars on the other hand is intriguing story wise.

I liked how they used old Obi Wan's face for Count Dooku and Grand Moff Tarkin's face for Senator Palpatine.

Can anyone tell me what this smirking face comes from? The one used for Jango and Boba?

Posted Image

Also what face is used for the Kaminoan?
Posted Image

If you notice they used a clone torso but brasso off the stomach detail.

#20 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21333
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

View PostSolscud007, on 04 May 2011 - 08:32 PM, said:

Also what face is used for the Kaminoan?
Gasgano's.

#21 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Posts: 1556
    Joined: 17-August 10
    Member: 12637
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 04 May 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:



Thanks

#22 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

  • Plate-Removing Addict


    Posts: 5364
    Joined: 21-January 09
    Member: 5070

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

And the smirking face was originally Brude Wayne's, but then used for many other stock Licensed characters.
Posted Image

#23 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

    Posts: 2469
    Joined: 10-January 09
    Member: 4964
    Country: 미국

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hey look, some new designs:

- Midi-scale J-type Nubian
- Midi-scale Lucrehulk
- Midi-scale Providence

It would be pretty neat if these were made into sets...

#24 Fives

Fives

  • Makes structured rants


    Posts: 2462
    Joined: 31-December 10
    Member: 15059
    Country: Canada

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:52 PM

This one, as said before, is not as good as the first. The way they pulled off some of the scenes was brilliant, but therejust isn't as good a story to tell. My favourite parts were when at the very start they show Anakin, but then ignore him, and when they went to Coruscant, but then left cause it was boring.  :laugh: TLG: 1, Lucas: 0
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

"Well, theif... where are you? Come now, don't be shy. Step into the light!"

#25 DarthR2-D2

DarthR2-D2

    Posts: 269
    Joined: 26-November 10
    Member: 14387
    Country: United States

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

Impresive, Most impressive.
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy. And we shall have peace." ~Darth Sidious



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users