Donut

Collectible Minifigures Trading Suggestion

Please make only ONE post in the sticky thread titled: EB members Trading Collectible Minifigs Portal (TCMP).

You may use this page to advertise any updates in your TCMP post. Thanks for your cooperation.

Dear Admins and Moderators,

If I may be so bold to make this suggestion... the collectible minifigure trading topic in the BST section is now 30+ pages long and navigating through it is like flipping through a phone book.

All jokes aside, I would like to see a condensed version of the topic with everybody's wants/haves compiled into a single topic. That way, a quick word search can make trading a lot easier and enjoyable. I will be more than happy to compile everybodys' list.

-Donut

Edited by Donut
Update topic description

Dear Admins and Moderators,

If I may be so bold to make this suggestion... the collectible minifigure trading topic in the BST section is now 30+ pages long and navigating through it is like flipping through a phone book.

All jokes aside, I would like to see a condensed version of the topic with everybody's wants/haves compiled into a single topic. That way, a quick word search can make trading a lot easier and enjoyable. I will be more than happy to compile everybodys' list.

-Donut

Do you mean a single post?

Whoops, I meant to write a single post. I am thinking about creating multiple posts arranged by domestic and international trading.

I think limiting the times you post in the thread would help. That's extra work for the MODs though if they try to enforce that. Seems the last few pages of the thread have have been hijacked by a few members trying to make deals w/o PMs and frequently posting updated lists as new posts.

I think limiting the times you post in the thread would help.

Agreed, if everyone can edit their respective posts, it would certainly help reduce the clutter.

We can either create a new thread and limit one post per member or I can compile everyone's have/wants into a couple of posts (with frequent updates).

If no one else has any input on this matter, I won't pursue this any further.

Edited by Donut

I'd like to add something... I normally try to limit the posts, but even now my latest is many pages back. Now when I do make a new post (if I've changed anything), I put a link to the edited post instead of making a whole new one.

I like the idea of one post per member, though... could be an option for certain types of topics (could apply to some games and contest voting, too).

But while we're on the subject, and I know this may sound draconian, but people ought to be required to fill in their location before posting in the BST forum at all.

What about trade topics by country?

I thought about that, but don't think it's that great...

For example, if someone in Ireland wants to post what he's got for trade, does he put it in Ireland or UK? Or double post just to make sure he doesn't miss someone looking in Ireland only?

I see a new web app for something like this, something like bricklink just for personal trading.

How about when people make trades, and the minifigs are gone, they don't just leave up their post. It's sorta obnoxious(And I've had this problem before) When people are to lazy to edit out the gone ones, and update with their new haves. My vote would be to just have a new topic for the trades, and limit everyone 1 post. The moderator should also mention that posts that are not current will be deleted. All trades should purely happen Via PM.

I can understand where you guys are coming from. Why not let me help you guys out?

To prevent and reduce the clutter, I will help to initate the first post for a consolidated minifigures trading topic for EB members basis and lock the previous. Each EB member is entitled to 1 post. The first post will be maintain by myself and other EB Staff. It will be done like a form of index as followed, and I will link it to your individual trade post.

Donut

Fred67

WhiteFang

I will like to minimise the amount of work to be done by the EB Staff and it is the members' responsibility to maintain their own post to provide their own update. In this way, it will be much cleaner and neater.

This is probably the most organized and practical solution for this matter. Thank you for the taking the time to offer your assistance!

Small update: I also have a fresh S3 Elf to trade. See above.

Post moved. Kindly refrain from posting updates in the TCMP.

WhiteFang

Here's my trading list - best do it as long as I am still in the UK.

I'll be back in Germany by the end of March - anyone over there who wants to trade is welcome, I'll send the figs off as soon as I get back.

We will be in London tomorrow, so if anybody wants to meet up somewhere central and trade, just give me a shout.

Series 3:

Have:

1 x Chief

2 x Pilot

1 x Fisherman

2 x Racing driver

1 x Mummy

1 x Space Alien

Need:

Space Villain

Series 2:

Have:

1 x Sumo

1 x Karate guy

1 x Spartan

Might be persuaded to give away my spare witch.

Need:

Police officer

Baywatch chick

Circus animal tamer

Pierrot

Surfer

Pharaoh

And any series 1 minifig.

All minifigs are unpacked, but complete and I hope I can provide each of them with a matching bag and leaflet.

Will update this as soon as series 4 is out...

Hey im looking to trade have space villan and traffic cop but cant personal message you if you email me on adreva11@hotmail.com we can talk trades many thanks Adrian

Also if any one can help me personal message people ive read the guide but i cant seem to do it.

Edited by adreva11

I'm located in Belgium and prefer European trades. I have pre-ordered an entire box of Series 4. When I get these next month, I will update this post with the ones I'm putting up for trade.

HAVE

Series 1

Skater Boy (1)

Series 2

Weightlifter (1)

Series 3

Fisherman (1)

Race car Driver (2)

Space Alien (2)

Sumo Wrestler (1)

Samurai Warrior (2)

WANT

Series 2

Pharaoh

Series 3

Tribal Chief

Mummy

Elf

Tennis Player

Gorilla Guy

Hula Girl

Where have you pre ordered a box of series 4 from?

I have

Tribal Chief

Mummy

Elf

Gorilla Guy

and might swap one for a fisherman

Also if any one can help me personal message people ive read the guide but i cant seem to do it.

A minimum of 10 posts to activate the PM ability.

Where have you pre ordered a box of series 4 from?

I have

Tribal Chief

Mummy

Elf

Gorilla Guy

and might swap one for a fisherman

Kindly ask your question via PM instead of posting in there. TCMP is meant for indexing and viewing purposes only.

Sorry, I forgot we're not meant to reply here. If you can work some 'Mod Magic' and delete this post please do.

Edited by RubeusHagrid

Figures have been opened to verify contents, but not assembled. Will trade for wants below or sell for $3.25 plus shipping.

HAVE

Series 4

Garden Gnome x1

Kimono Girl x2

Rock Star x3

Surf Girl x2

Frankenstein x2

Hockey Player x1

Skate Boarder x1

Sailor x3

Soccer Player x2

Werewolf x3

Hazmat guy x1

Artist x2

Figure Skater x1

WANTS

Series 2

Spartan

Series 3

Elf

Series 4

Viking

This topic will be moved to BSTF.

For all members who are using this platform, if you have any updates, you may post it here to let others know that your listing have been updated with new items, etc. Do not attempt to bump your own listing on a frequent basis. Thanks.

Figures have been opened to verify contents, but not assembled. Will trade for wants below or sell for $3.25 plus shipping.

In the future, please update your own profile and post an update to indicate that your column has been updated.

This topic will be moved to BSTF.

For all members who are using this platform, if you have any updates, you may post it here to let others know that your listing have been updated with new items, etc. Do not attempt to bump your own listing on a frequent basis. Thanks.

In the future, please update your own profile and post an update to indicate that your column has been updated.

I didn't think we could post FS in the trading thread or I would have done so.

I still think people need to list their locations. Most people seem to be doing it, but some aren't. Even if you are willing to trade internationally, some people who may be reading your post might not be.

I didn't think we could post FS in the trading thread or I would have done so.

I didn't understand your intentions at first, as there are trading elements involved. The focus is to consolidate all of the trading minifigures topics in one central location.

Since the element of selling is present, you might want to be specific about it to prevent misunderstanding.

I didn't understand your intentions at first, as there are trading elements involved. The focus is to consolidate all of the trading minifigures topics in one central location.

Since the element of selling is present, you might want to be specific about it to prevent misunderstanding.

Well I have them posted as FT in the designated trade thread, and I started a new thread that said "series 4 FS/FT" that got merged with this thread...what's more specific than "FS/FT" posted in the title?