On the Lego.com TECHNIC Challenge website , there is this announcement:
"Take the Technic Challenge - Linear Actuator!"
"This is the LEGO® Technic Challenge competition! - here you have a chance at showing the LEGO Technic designers your designs and your abilities with the Technic elements.
The competition is very simple
1. Build a model out of primarily LEGO Technic elements.
2. Take a picture of the model
3. Press the button below to Enter the competition
4. Enter your contact information
5. Upload your image
What to build?
This month (March) the competition focuses on Linear movement.
Build a cool model with nice functions based on linear movement – with or without the linear actuator!
Read a Designer's Blog entry explaining more about Linear Actuators.
How does it work?
Right now you can submit models - On the 15th of March - a panel of judges consisting of designers, marketing managers, building instruction artists and more will pick out (of all submissions) 10 finalists that will then be put up for voting here on the site. Considerations for the Nominees will be based on Model, Design, build to theme and age.
The winner will receive a prize and also continue to the Big Finale in October."
Here are the Prizes for this month's Challenge:
"Theme to build to: Linear Actuator!"
"So if your models get selected by the panel of judges to go into the voting round - and all of the visitors here on the LEGO Technic site like your model the most - you will win!
The prize is first and foremost a 8069 Backhoe Loader of the new 2011 assortment.
Furthermore, your model will go on to the Finale in October where it will compete with 7 other winners over the Grand Prize:
>> The Complete 2011 LEGO® Technic Novelty Assortment <<
This is all models from the LEGO Technic line that are new and have been launched in 2011."
To enter the Challenge, go here (but be sure to read the "fine print"):
"We need your consent! ENDS Friday 18th of March by 23:59 CET [Central European Time]"
[NOTE that there is a discrepancy between this and the "March 15" date listed earlier.]
"Before you can upload you image to us, we need your consent to be able to use your mail-address in case you win. This means that we will now require you to log in with your LEGO ID (if you do not have one, you must create one).
Then we will present you with the Terms and Rules for this competition, you must read and accept these in order to participate in the competition. If your age is below the legally required age to consent to the Terms and Rule, we will ask for your Parents/Legal Guardians email-address to have them consent for you.
In the fortunate case that you are the winner of this competition - we will be contacting you by E-Mail, therefore please make sure that the email-adress in your LEGO ID is a valid one."
Here are the "Lego Technic Challenge Official Rules and Regulations". Here are the highlights:
1) One must be at least 5 years old. "Entrants between 5 and 18 years of age must request permission to enter from their parents or legal guardians."
2) "LIMIT: Every person can submit more entries to the building challenge, but only one (1) entry per person will be considered when the final winners are selected. The 10 winners of the building challenge will be selected by a LEGO jury consisting of LEGO Technic designers and marketing responsible."
3) "File format must be in .png, .jpg or .gif, and NOT to exceed 2,5 MB in size. The entry must be the entrant’s own work. Once you submit your file, you will be officially entered into the Challenge. Challenge entries cannot be revised or altered once submitted. Once submitted, all submitted components become the property of the Challenge Entities and will not be returned. Should you experience any difficulties with any aspect of the LEGO Technic Challenge, please send an email to customer.service@LEGO.com and your request will be answered."
4) "EVALUATION OF ENTRIES: Building Challenge judging will begin at 01:00:00 AM Central European Time (“CET”) on March 19 2011 and will end at 11:59:59 PM CET on March 23 2011.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of LEGO® Technic Designers based on the following criteria: creativity, originality and theme. Note, entries must be created using only pieces from the LEGO collection and primarily LEGO® Technic pieces. The 10 models that score the highest cumulative scores in the review will go into a group of Semi-Finalists from which One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected by online users of the LEGO Technic web site."
Edited by DLuders, 01 March 2011 - 03:04 PM.