Sign in to follow this  
gor Ipsa

LEGO 125mm TIre

Hi Everyone

so far I have managed to make Power puller Tire with 119mm overall diameter. You can see result already discussed on topic:

iipsa's John Deere 8270R Tractor with ILS 6-Cyl, 16-Speed + 4R, AWD, Indep Suspension, PTO

does anyone have an idea how to achieve 125mm diameter? I use wooden plates and set of bolts to press tire making it narrow but they have bigger overall diameter. Few weeks ago I've noticed that with usage of Radar Dish Inverted 10 x 10 (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990) it is possible to gain 123-124mm overall diameter - but there was unpleasant surprise - dish 10 x 10 has deformed itself because it can not stand against pressure that is coming from tires. If anyone has some good idea, that would be nice.

Please send copy of a comment on iipsa@inet.hr

Kind regards

Igor Ipsa

Igor, I looked at the procedures you outlined to achieve the 119-mm-diameter tire on your previous Eurobricks post. If you are breaking plastic in an attempt to achieve a 125-mm tire, you may have surpassed the material's limit. The 119-mm tire you used for your John Deeer 8270R Tractor is well shown on your Brickshelf gallery.

My son bought a rubber steering wheel cover for his truck, and the instructions said to heat it up to be able to fit it over the wheel. So, you may try an experiment where you heat up the Lego tire in hot water, then quickly stretch it over the wheel rim. Of course, when the rubber cools down it may crush the plastic :sad: , but it's worth a try....

Igor, I looked at the procedures you outlined to achieve the 119-mm-diameter tire on your previous Eurobricks post. If you are breaking plastic in an attempt to achieve a 125-mm tire, you may have surpassed the material's limit. The 119-mm tire you used for your John Deeer 8270R Tractor is well shown on your Brickshelf gallery.

My son bought a rubber steering wheel cover for his truck, and the instructions said to heat it up to be able to fit it over the wheel. So, you may try an experiment where you heat up the Lego tire in hot water, then quickly stretch it over the wheel rim. Of course, when the rubber cools down it may crush the plastic :sad: , but it's worth a try....

This could be very interesting - only problem how to make (or find) LEGO wheel with 120mm dimeter and axle hole

thanks

Igor

[Lego Purists, look away]

Since you seem willing to experiment, you could get some commercial ~120mm RC wheels from your local hobby shop, and glue *oh2* some 4185 "Technic Wedge Belt Wheel (Pulley)" parts to hold onto a Technic Axle.

4185.jpg

[Lego Purists, look away]

Since you seem willing to experiment, you could get some commercial ~120mm RC wheels from your local hobby shop, and glue *oh2* some 4185 "Technic Wedge Belt Wheel (Pulley)" parts to hold onto a Technic Axle.

4185.jpg

Thats very kind of you - this could be final solution, but I was hoping for usage of 100% LEGO parts

Kind regards

Igor

what about using latex rubber to make one, or you could cast a new one from rubber and then cut it to size as long at you don't make it to thick you will be able to pull it over a slightly bigger rim if needed :classic:

am calling on my modeling back ground :laugh:

@ Igor: Have you seen some of the 100%-Lego large wheel designs on this Eurobricks post ?

4680399560_d89c800d17.jpg

Hi,

since I'm relative new to forums and do not have opportunity to hang for long time on Internet (due to low signal quality) I think I've found a solution for rear wheel in one of images on forum - hope that It will work ant will not crush apart. Please keep fingers crossed.

thanks

Igor

what about using latex rubber to make one, or you could cast a new one from rubber and then cut it to size as long at you don't make it to thick you will be able to pull it over a slightly bigger rim if needed :classic:

am calling on my modeling back ground :laugh:

I appreciate every effort and it is always nice to exchange ideas with fascinating strangers, but I was hoping for 100% LEGO parts.

Kind regards

Igor