the Inventor

Forestmen Hideout

indexed.gif

In the woods of the dark forest, next to a small peaceful stream, the forestmen have a small base camp.

The territory was long abandoned, and the small outpost laid in ruins. Until the forestmen claimed it as their own.

5468906320_1fe8e604a6_b.jpg

Forestmen Hideout by the_ Inventor, on Flickr

forestmen_hideout_2.jpg

forestmen_hideout_3.jpg

forestmen_hideout_4.jpg

forestmen_hideout_5.jpg

forestmen_hideout_6.jpg

forestmen_hideout_7.jpg

These pictures can be found on Flickr and Brickshelf. (when public)

C&C are welcome

Thanks for watching.

the Inventor

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Ahh Forestmen :cry_happy:

How I wish you would return to us all.

This Moc is fantastic, I love the variety of forestmen you created from one type (also love the lady Forest(wo)man) :laugh:

I also love the overgrown feel you have with the basecamp, like nature is slowly claiming back the old building and the forestmen are happy to live side by side with that :laugh: .

Also love the Jonney Thunder Face, this face was used as my orignal robin hood for my old forestmen (until the series one minifigs came out)

That's a great build and you have taken flawless photos! :sweet:

Excellent work on all minifigures, the accessories-and-face combos make them full of character and quite lively.

The guy with the fish is my favorite. If I may make one little suggestion it is to add a few ripples or different blues in the water, but other than that I love it! :thumbup:

This is a clear point of "smaller is better" in the case of castle walls. A lovely creation showcasing a relaxed village lifestyle. Great photography as well.

Lovely MOC it really gives the impression of being alive. :thumbup:

Excellent Forestmen Hideout the Inventor! I love the effective combination of the abandoned outpost, rock formations, the riverside and the surrounding greeneries spruced up by the busy daily life of the Forestmen. And like what the others said, great job on giving each forestman its own unique look. Impressive work overall! :thumbup:

Lovely! The fish rack is great and the ruins are very well conceived. The whole thing looks marvellously uncluttered, but still contains a wealth of detail. :thumbup:

The only thing i would query are the island trees... i'd have them looking more forest-like.

Thanks for all the comments, :sweet:

It was my goal to make each forestmen an individual, which turned out really nice in spite of them using all the same torso from the collectible mini figures.

In my next moc I will try to use some different shades of blue, to make the water look better.

the Inventor

Wow, great job! I was wondering if an army of forestmen would work well collectable Robin Hood style, and it surely does! :thumbup:

Ah! The life of the new Forestmen! It is a very lovely hideout and I am surprised that you have placed it beside the sea instead of a dense forest. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed every aspect of these archers in their hideout. :thumbup:

I hope to do something like yours and it serves a pretty good inspiration.

Looks like a nice hideout on an excellent spot, with ruins and close to the water.

I recently saw a Robin Hood movie and this MOC captures the spirit of such a forestman hideout very well :thumbup:

But I also agree with Sirens-Of-Titan that some different colours of blue for the water would be nice.

And perhaps let the people do some stuff like cooking or sharpening swords. Good job though.

Thanks again for the comments.

... It is a very lovely hideout and I am surprised that you have placed it beside the sea instead of a dense forest. ...

Well it isn't supposed to be the sea, but rather a small river, because a sea would indeed be a bit strange. :wink:

... I hope to do something like yours and it serves a pretty good inspiration. ...

I'm looking forward to it, I really like the forestmen and I'm working on another forestmen MOC, which is almost finished. :classic:

... But I also agree with Sirens-Of-Titan that some different colours of blue for the water would be nice.

And perhaps let the people do some stuff like cooking or sharpening swords. Good job though.

I surly will change the water next time but I don't have that much other blue colours, so I have to buy some.

And indeed some people could do something other than standing, I will think about it the next time.

the Inventor

You have done very good work. Thanks! The outpost is good. I like that forest very much too. I like Lego forestmen and you honour them. The hideout idea is very nice Thanks again!

Edited by Silverface

I think its great but one thing bothers me is that it looks like it is on a large body of water. You should make the water look like a stream by adding some of the other side's river bank.

Edited by gotoAndLego

If there's one theme Lego should bring back, it would have to be the forestmen! You've portrayed them very well in this Moc!

Excellent MOC! What I like most is the fact that it uses simple bricks in a sophisticated way. By doing so it has an old school feeling that fits the forestmen very well!

Gee, how did I miss this AWESOME creation, fantastic designing 'the inventor' - a perfect hideout for all those Forestmen.....and one Forestbabe.....gee they must get lucky sometimes ! :devil:

Great work and Brick On 'the inventor' ! :grin:

Wow, I love this! The landscaping is great, you have effectively used BURPs, the incorporation of the printed pieces, and techniques in the walls are fantastic, and the transition from rocks to gateway is perfect. Now onto the few criticisms I have; The SNOT water is looking a bit bland, try some light blue, Dark blue, and white plates for transitions. The sand is a little simple for my liking-Perhaps more tan plates overlapping into the water. Last but not least-You haven't made enough forestmen MOCs :wink::grin: Can't wait for more! Great work! :thumbup:

If there's one theme Lego should bring back, it would have to be the forestmen! You've portrayed them very well in this Moc!

If there would be one theme that Lego should bring back it would be western, but I still think this is very nice work! :thumbup:

Edited by Silverface