Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Nico71's Lego Single-Cylinder Pneumatic Engine (LPE-1)

On his website, Nico71 (Nicolas Lespour) posted high-resolution PDF Building Instructions for his Lego Single-Cylinder Pneumatic Engine (LPE-1). :thumbup: You can see more on his Brickshelf gallery, and on this

, where it displays the "Crankshaft and connectig rod, symetric rods as parallel slides with classic switching system. Work up to 200rpm on the flywheel. Very simple and functional...."

LPE1_8-petit.jpg

thebildofmaterial.jpg

very cool...

but I can't say I've ever seen a parts list ....broken down as much as what you've listed...

pneumatic valves and cylinders listed as individual sub-pieces!!! default_cry4.gif

RB

I lack some of the important parts so I can't test it for myself. But my gut feeling tells me it doesn't produce much torque. True?

but I can't say I've ever seen a parts list ....broken down as much as what you've listed...

pneumatic valves and cylinders listed as individual sub-pieces!!! default_cry4.gif

That's what you get when you export a parts list from LDView based on the CAD file. The CAD file has them as individual parts so you can adjust the length to make everything line up. You have to fix the parts list manually to get the complete assemblies.

error4385 posted this

of "A single cylinder LPE [Lego Pneumatic Engine]. I modified the cylinder *oh2* , making it much faster."

Edited by DLuders

[bUMP]

Landon Andrews posted this

of Nico71's Lego Single-Cylinder Pneumatic Engine (LPE-1) operating on the Carbon Dioxide gas coming off of Dry Ice (solid Carbon Dioxide). CAUTION: Handle Dry Ice with heavy gloves and do not allow pressure to build up in the bottle without venting it!