Sign in to follow this  
Evrach

[MOC]George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire vignettes

indexed.gif

Hi guys.

I'm new here.

I registered to share with you my own creations about the novels written by George R.R. Martin ; "A Song of Ice and Fire".

For people who haven't read it yet, I highly recommand it to you ^^ it's the best fantasy saga ever written ; and is currently being adapted in TV series by HBO.

/!\ Beware ; my MOCs can contain some minor spoilers about the books /!\

the_things_i_do_for_love____by_evrach-d35y2sa.jpg

This is a scene from the first book, when Jaime Lannister pushes the little Bran by the window of the broken tower because he saw them making love. The roof of the tower has been strucked by lightning long time ago, that explain why the tower is broken.

of course Jaime & Cersei are supposed to be semi-naked in this scene but... well :blush:

the_battle_of_roby_ford_by_evrach-d363dk9.jpg

This is a flashback scene, the epic duel between Robert Baratheon & Rhaegar Targaryen during the war of the Usurper 15 years before the begining of the books. I designed the arms and printed them on stickers.

Hope you'll like them :)

I'll make other-ones as soon as possible.

PS : Sorry for my terrible english >_<

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I started to read Song of Ice and Fire novels last fall, and couldn't stop reading them until I finished every book that has been released. I'm definitely looking forward to the HBO series based on the novels, and hope that the book series is continued one day as well (since the latest part was published in 2005).

I've actually thought about making the characters from the series as minifigs myself, but never got around to it. Official Lego parts offer all three of the important crests from the Kingdom of Westeros, after all - the wolf of the Starks (from the Wolf Pack), the lion of the Lannisters (from the Royal Knights or Kingdoms) and the stag of the Baratheon (from the Forestmen or the elf). Of course there's loads of dragon crests for the Targaryens as well.

Anyway, I think you did a good job on these vignettes. Like you said, the Lannister twins are quite a bit too clothed for the scene (they were actually naked then), and you're missing the gargoyles that Bran used for hanging.

The Ruby Ford scene looks great as well, even though I think you made Robert too young-looking (he had a beard), and Rhaegar wore white, not black, since he was in the Kingsguard.

Damn gargoyles ^^ I totaly forgot them.

I will correct this ^^

For the second one, Robert wasn't bearded when he was young :) (he was only 21 at this battle) and Rhaegar never was in the KG, he was (just) the prince ^^ so he wear the Targaryen's colours ; black & red, with his famouse armour with rubies.

Thanks for your comments and support :)

I love A Song of Ice and Fire! I guess I've read it about 6 or 7 times, now.

Your vignettes are just great, I guess they capture each moment just perfectly!

PS: Your English is fine!

Great job Evrach. I actually saw these on your DeviantArt page (if I can remember correctly I think I even mentioned that you should post them here as well). Nice to see that you did. Keep up the great work.

For the second one, Robert wasn't bearded when he was young :) (he was only 21 at this battle) and Rhaegar never was in the KG, he was (just) the prince ^^ so he wear the Targaryen's colours ; black & red, with his famouse armour with rubies.

Haha, I stand corrected. :laugh: I remembered those things from the books differently, but I take your word for them.