Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2861 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2651 gedren_y

gedren_y

Member: 14064

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Only the information about Johnny Depp's current filming status and the PoTC 5 listing came from IMDb. The fact that Johnny Depp had signed a six picture deal with Disney was reported on E! (can't remember the program) before On Stranger Tides was released.

[On a side note, it was reported that Mr. Depp is now single. Good hunting ladies. :pir-grin: ]

Back to the theme at hand, there are at least six more ships and plenty of scenes from the movie series that TLG can produce between movie releases. I doubt we'll see a return of Classsic Pirates until after the DVD release of the sixth movie.

#2652 Cammo

Cammo

Member: 18645

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Is this proof of the Flying Dutchman set? Or is it just the QAR? The colours look off. (You can see it next to Brickbeard's Bounty left of Woody & Buzz and the Black Pearl is above the big cardboard Woody & Buzz.)

LINK
Posted Image

#2653 King of Nynrah

King of Nynrah

Member: 22218

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Cammo, on 13 July 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Is this proof of the Flying Dutchman set? Or is it just the QAR? The colours look off. (You can see it next to Brickbeard's Bounty left of Woody & Buzz and the Black Pearl is above the big cardboard Woody & Buzz.)

LINK
This looks interesting, but it's probably just a prototype that won't be released. Perhaps there'll be room for it if LEGO decide to make more POTC sets to coincide with the release of the fifth film.

#2654 Brinstar

Brinstar

Member: 21451

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Interesting find. Its plausible that this could be a prototype Dutchman, although its a little to distant to make out for sure. I don't think its the QAR given the wildly different colour scheme, although the cabin is somewhat reminiscent of Blackbeard's ship. It actually looks quite big, certainly in comparison to Brickbeard's Bounty. Unfortunately its unlikely we'll see a Dutchman in production any time soon.

#2655 Cervantes

Cervantes

Member: 29681

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Are you guys talking about the ship way off in the distance on some counter?  If so, that would seem to be a very unsafe place to keep a prototype, on top of a counter where just anyone could probably swipe or unintentionally misplace.  Something like that would probably be behind glass or with some protective measures.

#2656 Dr Leg O Brick

Dr Leg O Brick

Member: 29373

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

I think it could be a new ship, as their are some of the never to be second wave Alien Conquest sets on a simlar shelf, with various new sets around (Helms Deep, Mandolarion Shuttle...), possiblly from the rumored Ninja VS Pirates theme? Who knows...
"I believe that rules are excellent guidelines, but that man must be allowed to interpret them, or he is no man at all."

flickr: https://www.flickr.c.../119365118@N03/

#2657 TheBrickDaddy

TheBrickDaddy
  • Hallucinating Rex

Member: 4590

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

King of Nynrah, on 10 June 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

The Flying Dutchman didn't get cancelled as it was never intended to be made in the first place.

No, it's been known for a while that Lego did plan to release a FD. We don't know if they canceled it because they canceled the entire line, or if they canceled it because the large ships weren't selling well.

#2658 Styrbjorn

Styrbjorn

Member: 29264

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

TheBrickDaddy, on 15 July 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

No, it's been known for a while that Lego did plan to release a FD. We don't know if they canceled it because they canceled the entire line, or if they canceled it because the large ships weren't selling well.

Can you show us something about that?
Posted Image

#2659 Super Brick Collector

Super Brick Collector

Member: 14107

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Does anyone have Lego pirates for the Xbox? If so inbox me I have a question?
"I'll show the world what it is to be a true Lego collector"

#2660 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Cammo, on 13 July 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

LINK

That's a VERY interesting image, the colour scheme certainly looks like what LEGO would pick. However, the desks in the office also seem to have just random MOCs made by the employees, possibly it's just a MOC? Also, it's next to the BB, not the BP which is about a desk to the right.

(In other slightly related news, is that a Isengard tower I see???)

:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#2661 King of Nynrah

King of Nynrah

Member: 22218

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Styrbjorn, on 16 July 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Can you show us something about that?
Yes, that would be helpful.

And LEGO POTC may still live, as the Voodoo Jack Sparrow set (30132) has been revealed to be part of the lineup of the Sun newspaper promotions in the UK in October (see here).

#2662 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

Member: 28477

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

I believe that the mysterious ship in the Lego designer's room is in fact FD. The colors make it look just like it.

#2663 friedchikenfairy

friedchikenfairy

Member: 29283

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

OHMYGOSH I hope they make a ship like that  :pir-cry_happy:  It looks like an EITC ship  :pir-classic:  Maybe they'll release the Dutchman if they release that? This is off topic but is anyone else wondering why they have Hot wheels and Playmobil on the counter?   :pir_wacko:
Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image

"Fried chicken just tend to make you feel better about life"
                                  -Minny Jackson

#2664 Hive

Hive
  • Friendsified!

Member: 9979

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

friedchikenfairy, on 25 July 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

This is off topic but is anyone else wondering why they have Hot wheels and Playmobil on the counter?   :pir_wacko:

Hold your friends close and your enemies even closer.

#2665 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hive, on 25 July 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Hold your friends close and your enemies even closer.

Perfect answer! I was wondering that as well though. Maybe for inspiration? I mean, they sell a lot and are very popular. Let's justr be happy it wasn't Mega-Bloks. :pir-tongue:
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#2666 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

http://www.thesun.co...-Depp-osit.html

Johnny depp is on for a 5th movie.  Lets hope atleast some lego sets comes from it.

Minifigure checklist: The Force Awakens

Posted Image

#2667 gedren_y

gedren_y

Member: 14064

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

deskp, on 22 August 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

http://www.thesun.co...-Depp-osit.html

Johnny depp is on for a 5th movie.  Lets hope atleast some lego sets comes from it.

Old news. It was reported long ago that Johnny Depp has signed on for six POTC movies.

#2668 Tariq j

Tariq j

Member: 55682

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hi all, I'm not sure If this is the right place to ask this but apparantly pirates of the carribean is making another movie, so does this mean the sets will restart?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Played as Tarr Egg-Chaser in Ragnorak Now 3 and Won  Played as Laura Starbucks in Blacktron Mafia and Lost

Played as Doctor Wynn in The Second Crash and Survived!  Played as Corporal Banning in Dragonfire's Kingdoms Mafia and lost
   Played as Todd Castillo in Mediumswoman's Shield vs HYDRA Mafia and won and survived Playing as Hori Yamagutchi in JJP's The Convention Mafia

#2669 BlueberryWaffles

BlueberryWaffles

Member: 38789

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

Probably. I'm hoping for an FD this time. And a tree catapult ala the video game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2670 coolguy2323

coolguy2323

Member: 28700

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I hope they reprint the Black Pearl if they decide to make more when POTC 5 comes out. I wanted to add the Pearl, just never had the money at the time :(

I really hope they make a FD set though! I just want the 2 iconic ships lol, and I'd be good to go.

#2671 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

coolguy2323, on 16 July 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I hope they reprint the Black Pearl if they decide to make more when POTC 5 comes out. I wanted to add the Pearl, just never had the money at the time :(

I really hope they make a FD set though! I just want the 2 iconic ships lol, and I'd be good to go.

That wont happen. there could be a chanse of a new black pearl though.  I think alot of people missed it in OST so it might be back in movie5

Minifigure checklist: The Force Awakens

Posted Image

#2672 Fives

Fives
  • Makes structured rants

Member: 15059

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

deskp, on 18 July 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

That wont happen. there could be a chanse of a new black pearl though.  I think alot of people missed it in OST so it might be back in movie5

I think movie 5 will be about Jack and Gibbs trying to release the Pearl from the bottle, and Barbossa, having Blackbeard's sword, is the only person with the power to do so.

I really doubt we'll ever see any more sets from the first 3 films.
"There has been an awakening... have you felt it? The Dark Side... and the Light." - Supreme Leader Snoke

#2673 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr
  • Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

As many problems as the Black Pearl had, I'd hate to have "another" Black Pearl ship released. They should release something new to keep people interested. I saw the Black Pearl on clearance all around me, so at least here not a lot of people wanted it (or they just ordered too many thinking there was more of a demand). Plus, it was the Black Friday deal last year or two years ago at Target. I know that doesn't help everyone that missed out on it, but for those who did already purchase it, it would be a turn off. The sad thing is, it would probably be loads better than the initial release which would be more upsetting also. Not to mention having dozens of Jack Sparrows walking around..

As far as future sets go, I would like to see some early movie sets again, just to help develop the theme as a whole. Not that there are a lot more places they could use that they didn't already. I thought the initial wave had a good mix of old with new, granted I was lost completely on the new sets since I didn't see the movie until months after it was released on dvd.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#2674 Faefrost

Faefrost
  • Fire Policefighter

Member: 27890

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

deskp, on 18 July 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

The huge problem story wise vs technical capabilities is they gave Barbossa the QAR. The QAR and the Black Pearl are simply massive redresses of the same ship / set. So it is very very difficult and expensive to put both on screen in the same movie. After the massive profit bomb of the Lone Ranger it is likely that the next PotC movie will not have as huge a budget as some of the prior films.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#2675 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I hope you're wrong about the budget Faefrost, though it might be the case. However, the next POTC movie budget should not be judged by the bombing of Lone Ranger but by the success of the fourth POTC movie. I Agree on the QAR / BP part and hope they still manage to do it somehow. If the ships don't apear on screen at the same time, it's simple to shoot one ship scenes first, then do the makeover for the second ship scenes. But anyway with all the CGI and stuff they can still be put on screen together.

As for the sets, I really hope there is a next wave and that some of the sets will still be based on the first three movies. I still miss Tia Dalma and Captain Teague minifigs! In that case, they can produce a full wave of 8 - 9 sets instead of just 5 ...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links