Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

2704 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2551 Duck

Duck
  • scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

A point very well made Captain Fortune. You hit the nail on the head. I personally dislike the price of the PoTC sets, and I also felt that there was something else missing, and that's it. Play-ability. They are indeed very restricted.

I bought the Fountain of Youth a while ago, simply because I wanted Barbossa's uniform, and Blackbeard. The fountain itself really didnt appeal to me - other than keeping that and the plastic waterfall for display purposes, there wasn't really a huge amount of things I could do with it really. As people have pointed out, there aren't really factions as such. More individuals I would say. Yeah there's A couple of Blackbeard's crew, a couple of Soldiers, a few of Davy Jones' lot and the odd one from the Pearl, but I wouldnt really class them as factions.

The British should have appeared a lot more. Two token soldiers and a privateer Barbossa don't really cut it for me. The British appeared in all four films in one way or another. Surely they could have taken a few Jack Sparrows out of the sets and replaced them with a soldier, sailor, Norrington, the governor, Lord whatshisface or any number of British characters, as appropriate.

The POTC game is so beautiful, with many characters, clear factions and wonderful locations - I don't see quite why the first wave of PotC had to be so limited - I know that licensed sets are always a tad more expensive, but the amount that your getting for your money seems quite small.

I do like the concept of PotC as LEGO, love the films and if they made more sets which I felt were better value for money, I'd most certainly buy them - but otherwise I'd like Classic-Pirates back.

Little rant over :)

#2552 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostCaptain Heineken, on 19 March 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I hope we will see the blue printed officers we saw in the video game. I really liked the printing (Governour Swann for example).
You want EITC (East India Trading Company) 'Figs?
This torso (Flesh hands, of course), This piece in red, white legs, generic Flesh head, and This hat. Finish with a musket.

Edited by LEGOman273, 20 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#2553 Captain Fortune

Captain Fortune

Member: 1578

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

View PostDuck, on 20 March 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

A point very well made Captain Fortune. You hit the nail on the head. I personally dislike the price of the PoTC sets, and I also felt that there was something else missing, and that's it. Play-ability. They are indeed very restricted.

I bought the Fountain of Youth a while ago, simply because I wanted Barbossa's uniform, and Blackbeard. The fountain itself really didnt appeal to me - other than keeping that and the plastic waterfall for display purposes, there wasn't really a huge amount of things I could do with it really. As people have pointed out, there aren't really factions as such. More individuals I would say. Yeah there's A couple of Blackbeard's crew, a couple of Soldiers, a few of Davy Jones' lot and the odd one from the Pearl, but I wouldnt really class them as factions.

The British should have appeared a lot more. Two token soldiers and a privateer Barbossa don't really cut it for me. The British appeared in all four films in one way or another. Surely they could have taken a few Jack Sparrows out of the sets and replaced them with a soldier, sailor, Norrington, the governor, Lord whatshisface or any number of British characters, as appropriate.

The POTC game is so beautiful, with many characters, clear factions and wonderful locations - I don't see quite why the first wave of PotC had to be so limited - I know that licensed sets are always a tad more expensive, but the amount that your getting for your money seems quite small.

I do like the concept of PotC as LEGO, love the films and if they made more sets which I felt were better value for money, I'd most certainly buy them - but otherwise I'd like Classic-Pirates back.

Little rant over :)

Thanks a lot, Duck, cause I see i'm not alone in this.  :pir-laugh:

And look at this: Honestly, I have always prefered original than licensed sets. And I know that's not a valid reason, but a personal feeling. That's why I didn't mention that at all.

So, despite I don't like very much the licensed themes, look at Star Wars theme, what an amazing licensed theme: lots of sets, lots of minifigs, well-defined factions... the playability have no limit there!

What gets me "angry" with POTC sets are the intentions from Lego in this case: limited and unstructured sets, with some important deficiences (wich didn't were in older sets of lego, I can explain that if you want) in order to sell it as much as possible, taking advantatge of the recent movies.

Thanks ofr your opinion Duck.  :pir-sweet:

Edited by Captain Fortune, 20 March 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#2554 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

After some time I have to post here again. Captain Fortune I appreciate your opinion, but there is really no need for posting two same posts in different themes. If you don't like the theme you don't and I think there's been a lot said from people disliking it and not as much from us who like it. (Yeah probably there is more of you anyway ...) Of course I must not agree with you at all. I personally loved the movies and the POTC theme and think LEGO did a very good job in capturing the scenes in sets as well as the figures. Apart from the fountain which we all know was designed based on the artwork for the movies and not of the real model!

Economy forces LEGO to do things differently so they need small and big sets, for everyone to be satisfied. And I think that TLG did more than a decent job in sizing the sets and character distribution if we skip the "Jack in every set" problem. But hey, you had a guy with the red bandanna in almost every classic set and no one complains! Don't get me wrong I really like the classic pirates theme too - all the nice ships and the fortresses, but there's something missing - the civil part and the more realistic colors!

You must keep in mind that not all sets are designed for seven years old children with no imagination to play with. There are some people who can imagine Jack as someone else not from the movies and play different scenarios. Maybe switch a head and a hat or two and get a completely different character. That's what you had to do with clasic pirates if you didn't want to have all twins or even more same people and that is also what LEGO is designed for! Also in classics you have the pirates and the blue coats (later red coats) which mainly makes three fractions. That's how the sets are designed and of course you can play it differently, but POTC story alone makes you play it more like pirates versus pirates and have a lot more different fractions, which of course leads to a problem of only a few figs for each team. But bare in mind that the classic pirates have multiple waves and if POTC had two or three more, there would be a lot more different and cool characters for even more fractions! And of course the red coats are completely compatible with the English soldiers (I guess with a reason) so switch some heads and here you go, the whole London scene can come to life ... But there's even more to that, some people (I think the majority on this forums, since the age restriction is quite high) don't even play with LEGO in the way of using playability of sets. They play by enjoying in building MOCs and dioramas for displaying and from that angle I think POTC is a lot better then classics - more realistic and less cartoony plus more detailed.

Of course there's always a spot where we all agree, and that's the price. Yes licensed sets are a bit pricey, but in the end who wouldn't like some cheap or free stuff. That's why you wait a bit and go for sales. Now I think it's about the right time to get them, because later they'll get pricier and pricier and you might regret not buying them some day. But that's the economy today, where every one want's to get a share with the least work done. But hey even bread is more expensive every day ...

And what I really get annoyed by is the classic lovers complaining about the POTC being the reason of not getting any classic sets, when no one has the slightest idea what's going on in the LEGO heads?! It's only good business they are concerned about and this is the way they chose to go. Maybe if it wasn't for the POTC theme, there would be no pirates at all and I think all pirate fans (even pure classic lovers) agree that it's still better to have some pirates (even POTC) than none. At least you get some different colored parts and some nice accessories ...

Posted Image

#2555 caughron01

caughron01

Member: 27201

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostMstrOfPppts, on 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

After some time I have to post here again. Captain Fortune I appreciate your opinion, but there is really no need for posting two same posts in different themes. If you don't like the theme you don't and I think there's been a lot said from people disliking it and not as much from us who like it. (Yeah probably there is more of you anyway ...) Of course I must not agree with you at all. I personally loved the movies and the POTC theme and think LEGO did a very good job in capturing the scenes in sets as well as the figures. Apart from the fountain which we all know was designed based on the artwork for the movies and not of the real model!

Economy forces LEGO to do things differently so they need small and big sets, for everyone to be satisfied. And I think that TLG did more than a decent job in sizing the sets and character distribution if we skip the "Jack in every set" problem. But hey, you had a guy with the red bandanna in almost every classic set and no one complains! Don't get me wrong I really like the classic pirates theme too - all the nice ships and the fortresses, but there's something missing - the civil part and the more realistic colors!

You must keep in mind that not all sets are designed for seven years old children with no imagination to play with. There are some people who can imagine Jack as someone else not from the movies and play different scenarios. Maybe switch a head and a hat or two and get a completely different character. That's what you had to do with clasic pirates if you didn't want to have all twins or even more same people and that is also what LEGO is designed for! Also in classics you have the pirates and the blue coats (later red coats) which mainly makes three fractions. That's how the sets are designed and of course you can play it differently, but POTC story alone makes you play it more like pirates versus pirates and have a lot more different fractions, which of course leads to a problem of only a few figs for each team. But bare in mind that the classic pirates have multiple waves and if POTC had two or three more, there would be a lot more different and cool characters for even more fractions! And of course the red coats are completely compatible with the English soldiers (I guess with a reason) so switch some heads and here you go, the whole London scene can come to life ... But there's even more to that, some people (I think the majority on this forums, since the age restriction is quite high) don't even play with LEGO in the way of using playability of sets. They play by enjoying in building MOCs and dioramas for displaying and from that angle I think POTC is a lot better then classics - more realistic and less cartoony plus more detailed.

Of course there's always a spot where we all agree, and that's the price. Yes licensed sets are a bit pricey, but in the end who wouldn't like some cheap or free stuff. That's why you wait a bit and go for sales. Now I think it's about the right time to get them, because later they'll get pricier and pricier and you might regret not buying them some day. But that's the economy today, where every one want's to get a share with the least work done. But hey even bread is more expensive every day ...

And what I really get annoyed by is the classic lovers complaining about the POTC being the reason of not getting any classic sets, when no one has the slightest idea what's going on in the LEGO heads?! It's only good business they are concerned about and this is the way they chose to go. Maybe if it wasn't for the POTC theme, there would be no pirates at all and I think all pirate fans (even pure classic lovers) agree that it's still better to have some pirates (even POTC) than none. At least you get some different colored parts and some nice accessories ...

Very Well Put.
I agree that there were too many Jack's in the bunch, and that they are a little pricey. But I buy Legos for the fun of putting them together, after that they goto my Kid to play with or they sit on a shelf for looks. I don't get enjoyment of "playing" with them, therefore the playibility factor to me is out the window. I care about looks, detail, and quality. I think on the POTC sets for the Most part brought that to the table. There is no need to bash or  :pir_bawling:  about the POTC Lego sets, its too easy.... If you don't like them then don't buy them. As far as when I was younger I loved the classic pirate sets, as for today not so much. I think they lack in the realistic department. But hey that's my opinion as well as you all have yours so just enjoy what we get out of our Lego Sets and Have Fun! That's what it is all about!

#2556 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth
  • Glory to the Bluecoats!

Member: 10202

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

Personally I preffer the PotC theme than the last classic pirate theme they released in 2009.. also, I'd agree that for starters in the pirate stuff, beginning with PotC sets are kind of harder than beginning with classic pirates (The old school and only ones in my opinion from '89 to '96).. but for other people with an actual collection, seems like a new adventure, combining their ships with those new ones, or just setting them to fight between each other, its a nice addition, not to say, its always welcome to have new pirates coming out, no matter the theme (well.. almost), and that's something I suppose everybody agrees with :P else there would not be 171 pages in this thread arguing for a new release of the theme

Edited by Yawgmoth, 20 March 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Redesigning classics, with my own flavor :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2557 Walter

Walter
  • Back, but still drowning!

Member: 16053

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

The main reason is that these theme is absolutely unplayable, because is unstructured.

Any theme is playable. All you need is physical bricks, and an imagination.  :pir-grin:
Posted Image

#2558 Captain Fortune

Captain Fortune

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

I posted two posts because i didn't know what thread was more active. There's no need to get upset about that, don't read the other one, and that's all.

The economy, the current times... we can find lots of causes wich have motivated how Lego POTC are. Ok, I'll tell you why you're wrong: Classic Pirates (CP) 2009-2010. Neither the economy nor everyone's satisfaction couldn't avoid a fantastic "restyling" of the 90' Pirates. But that doesn't stop here: let's check other current themes, like Star Wars, Lego City, Lego Castle, etc: so much better, so much complete.

About the lacks of Classic Pirates, I think you just said an unbeliavable reason: You must not talk about CP without keeping in mind the context and the time they appeared. I'm affraid you don't remember that CP were the FIRST Lego theme wich included new faces, for instance. On the other hand, even you were right with your critics, you can't apply them at CP 2009.

The playability is not as simple as you say, like changing hats and faces, give another use to the scenes, buildings, and that kind of stuff. I think I've talked about deeper concepts, and you are ignoring them. I said that there is a huge lack of minifigs anb bases, and absolutely incomplete factions, wich means that if you wanna have, for instance, a decent English faction you must buy two or three expensive sets, and even in that case you won't have a ship (cause it doesn't exist), you won't have enough logistic material like cannons, weapons, etc. I explained also that the sets are isolated, and have no connection among them.

And i'll tell you more: not only the whole theme is unplayable, the sets themselves either. You talked about the repetition of personages (Jack Sparrow), that's right. But except the ships, the sets including fixed structures are not complete, because they aren't buildings, platforms, bases, etc. They are only parts of a bigger structure appeared in the POtc movies. They have no depth, they are facades, sceneries like movie makers use.

About the price, I agree with you.

Finally, you said you get annoyed by seeing us talking about the Lego intentions. It seems you do the same, when you think the majority of people here doesn't mind the playability, but only the construction. It's obvius here we are all AFOLs and don't play, but the playability is much more than talk and move minifigs as childs do.

And is not only about the playability, there are other reasons why POTC didn't cut it.

Edited by Captain Fortune, 20 March 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#2559 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ok, one more, but I did not mean to argue, ok? So don't get to harsh ...

No hard feelings about double posts, it's moderators concern anyway, but the most recent theme becomes the one you post in :D

I am well aware of what the classic pirates are, since they were one of my first sets from the childhood. I just am not that kind of person who thinks new things are worse and that changing some directions is always bad, so I like the way they went with this theme. I'm more of a realistic person, so I prefer realistic colors and more detailed figures.

You say that city sets and star wars are more complete? In what way? We all know everyone complains about the lack of hospitals and some decent airports without the planes made out of three big pieces! And is police trains and fire fighters really all there is in a city? Where are the restaurants, racing sets, posts, shops, ordinary buildings (you have the modulars, but don't complain on the sets being expensive then ...). I also collect the SW sets and I think they are far from complete. With the speed they're producing the CW series, they'll never catch up with all the main characters, and where are all the ordinary civilians and all different races. Not to mention the character being put into sets with no connectivity ... And about the playability, well yes, every spaceship is swooshable, but that's about it. Oh wait, I forgot, the flick fire missiles :S

The playability is not as simple as I say? I found my version quite more complicated then yours, where you're expecting the playability within a set. When I was a child I didn't have computer until very late high school so I spent all my childhood with LEGO. Luckily I had quite a few and therefor I never wished sets to gain "playability" from them, but to gain new characters, pieces in new colors and to gain more and more bricks. I then built stuff and played as of "talk and walk". But you're keep on saying there's more, what more is there?

I can simply see a POTC cannibal working on a ship as a slave or just a man whose life pirates saved and now travels with them. But I really see some people having problems with POTC theme for sticking it strictly to the movies. They don't go together just if the movies story is the only scenario you have in mind, otherwise they are completely compatible, even more than classics. If you combine them you can create something that looks as a whole. Combine classics, what do you get? Yellow and white with too much of black, definitely not my choice for pirates.

Again don't get me wrong, I loved the classic pirates, but I think their time is slowly over since they're a bit outdated. Look at the forums, when was the last time someone posted a pirate MOC without using any brown colored pieces? Some things are just better the new way and even if LEGO produces another wave of classic pirates (they'll never be classic) they'll be more like 2009 sets with more realistic colors and people will complain again. Also their compatibility with the real CP will be very low apart from the figs being yellow!

Also, you don't need to buy 5 London escape sets to gain English army, buy some redcoats which are in cheap mini sets and if you don't mix fleshies with yellow, some Prince of Persia sets and make a whole army (with different faces!). Get the battle packs and sell the figs you don't need (but don't try to make a fortune of it). I also used to think LEGO was expensive (well it is) but sometimes you must not rush, wait for sales, search ebay and go to bricklink and life is so much nicer :D

I don't get annoyed by people talking about LEGO intentions but by people talking trash about the theme they don't like and making suggestions what would have been better if the theme didn't exist in the first place. But this scenario is impossible. And this has nothing to do with my opinion about forum users being more of the builders which is based on the fact that there's not a lot of people complaining about the playability ... however I do find it interesting how every reviewer mentions it, but I think it's intended for the younger spectators of the forum. After all LEGO is a toy!

Edited by MstrOfPppts, 20 March 2012 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image

#2560 Captain Fortune

Captain Fortune

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostMstrOfPppts, on 20 March 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ok, I think that we won't get in agreement about that subject. You give me some reasons, that I find logical, that's true and I respect it. But is also true that you are always ignoring my observations and remarks, reducing it at "the new is worse than the old" kwoning I said much more and never said that, so we are going to no where.

As you, I don't wanna argue either, so that's it.

Both opinions are clear I think, despite my english.  :shark:

Have a nice day.

#2561 Duck

Duck
  • scRubber Duck

Member: 4078

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Though I have expressed my dislike of the price and also feel that there is indeed a limit to playability of many of the sets, I also do agree that any pirates are better than no pirates!

Everyone is completely entitled to their own opinion, and if people really do enjoy PotC sets then thats brilliant and I really hope they continue to enjoy them!

If people dont like them, they will vote with their feet, so to speak. I just hope that if they do so, it wont lead to LEGO dropping pirates all together as that would be disasterous!

#2562 Captain Fortune

Captain Fortune

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostDuck, on 21 March 2012 - 04:26 PM, said:

Though I have expressed my dislike of the price and also feel that there is indeed a limit to playability of many of the sets, I also do agree that any pirates are better than no pirates!

You're right, probably POTC are better than no Pirates, but it's also true that Classic Pirates are Better than POTC.  :pir-tongue:

That's exactly I've been explaining.  :jollyroger:

#2563 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

Member: 8047

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Has anybody heard any sort of news on a possible Flying Dutchman set?  I have heard all sorts of things but, nothing concrete.  I have also heard that Disney is planning another Pirates release in 2013 so, if that is true do you think we might see it then or do you think that Lego is keeping it under wraps until it is released later this year? :pir-classic:

#2564 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostJack Bricker, on 08 April 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Has anybody heard any sort of news on a possible Flying Dutchman set?  I have heard all sorts of things but, nothing concrete.  I have also heard that Disney is planning another Pirates release in 2013 so, if that is true do you think we might see it then or do you think that Lego is keeping it under wraps until it is released later this year? :pir-classic:
There are a few flying dutchman projects on Cuusoo (yes, two of them are mine)
Maybe if they get enough supporters LEGO will realize there IS a market for the Flying Dutchman  :pir-classic:

#2565 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Member: 23274

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Looking at a few Brickset forums and found this a few posts down:
Posted Image

Sounds exciting!

Forum here: Brickset Forums

EDIT: 8805?....hmm. Odd.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S, 14 April 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

#2566 lightningtiger

lightningtiger
  • Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:16 AM

In that list is the Death Star, which I know for a fact is being released in Oz later in the year. :pir-grin:
So does POTC have one last surprise, we shall see ? :pir-wink:

#2567 TAFOL

TAFOL

Member: 27725

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

View Postlightningtiger, on 14 April 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

So does POTC have one last surprise, we shall see ? :pir-wink:
I don't think so, otherwise we would've seen photos of this set already.

#2568 Hive

Hive
  • Friendsified!

Member: 9979

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Maybe it was indeed true at one point that they would release a Flying Dutchman set, but then later changed their minds for one reason or the other.

#2569 Lego-Freak

Lego-Freak
  • Online LEGO Store Detective

Member: 1635

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

The Flying Dutchman vs. The Kraken ?? What movie are they refering to, some sort of Asylum knock-off?  :pir-laugh: Or maybe it's depicting the (offscreen) scene of Jones having to kill his beloved pet  :pir-tongue:  Anyway, as CM4S pointed out, the set number is already in use, so the list is either fake or outdated  :pir-wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak, 14 April 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#2570 Lord Cutler Beckett

Lord Cutler Beckett

Member: 23794

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I hate it that there is no information!

we've been speculating the whole time but there is nothing that proves that what has been said is true.
It's just good business

Posted Image

#2571 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!

Member: 3891

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

...we could all support this Flying Dutchman MOC at LEGO Cuusoo, maybe they'll reconsider bringing one  :pir-classic:
(a mere detail: it's my moc :P )

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum, 14 April 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#2572 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

Member: 21862

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Sadly, I think that FD set is a fake/mistake.  :pirate_sad2:

#2573 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I heard that the FD was an official set, people who inquired in LEGO shops even saw a picture of it. However TLC decided not to sell it because POTC didn't make enough money.
:jollyroger:
P.S: I for one hope this is untrue and that the FD will be released, obviously.  :pir_laugh2:
P.S.S: £130 for FD AND Kraken? If this is a real set, how small is the FD? :pir-look:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#2574 Lord Cutler Beckett

Lord Cutler Beckett

Member: 23794

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Posthalfpenguinhalflego, on 14 April 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

I heard that the FD was an official set, people who inquired in LEGO shops even saw a picture of it. However TLC decided not to sell it because POTC didn't make enough money.
:jollyroger:
P.S: I for one hope this is untrue and that the FD will be released, obviously.  :pir_laugh2:
P.S.S: £130 for FD AND Kraken? If this is a real set, how small is the FD? :pir-look:

Yes, I also heard that a person saw a picture of the Flying Dutchman but this is not a reliable source!

About Lego Pirates of the Caribbean not selling well, in this recent annual report for 2011, lego says:

Sales of licence based product lines in particular were well above expectations in 2011. This was the case with, for example, with LEGO® products based on Star Wars™, Harry Potter™ and Pirates of the Caribbean™.

I hope lego would let us know something rather that just letting us guess.
I do hope that the Flying Dutchman will become a lego set but I gave up hope that it will come in 2012. perhaps with the arrival of the new movie the dutchman will make it's entrance.

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett, 14 April 2012 - 08:55 PM.

It's just good business

Posted Image

#2575 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

POTC not selling well is a myth indeed.

View PostTAFOL, on 14 April 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

I don't think so, otherwise we would've seen photos of this set already.

I think so, TLG can keep under wraps whatever they want for when they are ready to release it. Pretty much every D2C set to date has debuted by an official LEGO press release and not by leaked images. Except for occasional set names and numbers.

I heard many speak of seeing this set in a dealer catalog and those were reliable and trustworthy people, more than a few to discount this set as fake.

That Brickset link is interesting, because if it indeed includes the Kraken then that would explain the rumored 2000 + piece part count.

Right now I have it at a 50/50 chance for TLG releasing it in the summer.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links