Jump to content


Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
3045 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2551 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

    Posts: 821
    Joined: 18-June 09
    Member: 6437
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostZeya, on 10 January 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

No, I don't believe they said that. There was an official communication in writing (read it on the internet) that said something like classic Pirates isn't going away forever, it's just on hiatus. That was in regards to the announcement of PotC.

No, TLC did say that, it was in response to an email I sent to them questioning the future of LEGO Pirates, alas I have not saved the email, but they definitely said in it "There will always be some pirates sets on the shelves". So at least we can remain hopeful of SOMETHING  :pir_laugh2:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#2552 Lord Cutler Beckett

Lord Cutler Beckett

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 04-January 12
    Member: 23794
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I would love to see Murtogg and Mullroy as Black coats (E.I.T.C. soldiers) in the FD set or as red coats in a port royal set or aboard a Royal Navy ship.
It's just good business

Posted Image

#2553 Zeya

Zeya
  • Thinks He's a Stud


    Posts: 1038
    Joined: 28-September 10
    Member: 13511
    Country: United States

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

View Posthalfpenguinhalflego, on 11 January 2012 - 09:39 PM, said:

No, TLC did say that, it was in response to an email I sent to them questioning the future of LEGO Pirates, alas I have not saved the email, but they definitely said in it "There will always be some pirates sets on the shelves". So at least we can remain hopeful of SOMETHING  :pir_laugh2:

Oh really. Now that's intriguing. Do you remember who composed that email? Was it customer service?

#2554 Napoleon53

Napoleon53

    Posts: 138
    Joined: 01-January 12
    Member: 23727
    Country: Zanzitania

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostLord Cutler Beckett, on 11 January 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

I don't understand. I've been here the whole time and people forgot about me while i'm the main villain in At World's end  :pir-laugh:

Hope you're not offended, chap, but we at the Lego company have decided not to make a Beckett minifigure; it's just good business.

*painful laughter*  :pir-tongue:

Murtogg and Mullroy are hilarious. "Maybe it was th' fish people?" Would definitely love to have their figs.

Edited by Napoleon53, 12 January 2012 - 12:00 AM.

"Imagination rules the world." - Emperor Napoleon I
Posted Image
PS3 ID: Jamako53

#2555 Bricksan

Bricksan
  • Bib 6126 eats miles


    Posts: 366
    Joined: 13-July 11
    Member: 19010
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

Just bought and built the QAR in under 4 hours, a nice ship and reminds me a little of the Black Seas Barracuda, a few things I will add to it like cannons  but overall a decent set :) As for the theme, I would think if we don't hear anything solid soon, I would stop hoping as it looks to me that any more sets is more wishful thinking then anything else.
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics


Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#2556 Artanis I

Artanis I
  • Who's Friggin' Dan?


    Posts: 3518
    Joined: 28-May 10
    Member: 10965
    Country: Australia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostRJH, on 12 January 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

Just bought and built the QAR in under 4 hours, a nice ship and reminds me a little of the Black Seas Barracuda, a few things I will add to it like cannons  but overall a decent set :) As for the theme, I would think if we don't hear anything solid soon, I would stop hoping as it looks to me that any more sets is more wishful thinking then anything else.
I don't believe it!

Sorry, couldn't resist. This line is so incomplete, so much is missing. Unfortunately if there were to be more on the way (besides FD) we would surely have heard about it by now?

#2557 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

    Posts: 358
    Joined: 14-November 11
    Member: 21862
    Country: USA

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostArtanis I, on 12 January 2012 - 01:48 AM, said:

I don't believe it!

Sorry, couldn't resist. This line is so incomplete, so much is missing. Unfortunately if there were to be more on the way (besides FD) we would surely have heard about it by now?
Well, Lego managed to keep the Funhouse set under wraps until about 2 weeks before its release, so I believe that this year, if Lego wants us to know about a new theme, we'll know. If they don't, WE won't.

#2558 Lord Cutler Beckett

Lord Cutler Beckett

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 04-January 12
    Member: 23794
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostNapoleon53, on 11 January 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Hope you're not offended, chap, but we at the Lego company have decided not to make a Beckett minifigure; it's just good business.

*painful laughter*  :pir-tongue:

Murtogg and Mullroy are hilarious. "Maybe it was th' fish people?" Would definitely love to have their figs.

Hahaha  :pir-laugh:
It's just good business

Posted Image

#2559 Captain Blackbeard

Captain Blackbeard

    Posts: 81
    Joined: 01-January 12
    Member: 23709
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

There needs to be more ships in that line. Again, I'd love to see the Endeavor, that would be the best set they could release! I've inquired as to its possible making at LEGO, but no reply yet. With that ship, one could get Murtog and Mullroy. Ah, I love those idiotic conversations they have!
"You've seen a ship with black sails, that's crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?"
"No."
"No."
"But I have seen a ship with black sails."
"Oh, and no ship that's not crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out could possibly have black sails, therefore couldn't possibly be any other ship than the Black Pearl, is that what you're saying?"
"No."

Edited by Captain Blackbeard, 12 January 2012 - 10:27 PM.

Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you

#2560 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth
  • Glory to the Bluecoats!


    Posts: 291
    Joined: 08-April 10
    Member: 10202
    Country: Costa Rica

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostCaptain Blackbeard, on 12 January 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

There needs to be more ships in that line. Again, I'd love to see the Endeavor, that would be the best set they could release! I've inquired as to its possible making at LEGO, but no reply yet.

There's also other ships that could be released: The dauntless, The Interceptor, The Empress, The Hai Peng...just to call a few..
Redesigning classics, with my own flavor :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2561 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1571
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

There won't be much more ships I think,
you can forget about the interceptor and dauntless, there's no way those could be official sets, who would want to buy these ships ?
We ofcourse  :pir_laugh2:
but other than our limited group I don't think so, it's mainly a commercial succes, everyone wants the black pearl,
besides, there have never been very much ships available at a time,
- black seas barracuda and caribbean clipper, 2 ships
- Skull's Eye schooner, imperial flagship and renegade runner (1 big, 2small ships)
- cross bone clipper, armada flagship and red beard runner (1 big, 2 small ships)
- Brickbeard bounty and (new) imperial flagship (and we had to wait pretty long before the IFS came)

as for POTC there already are the Black Pearl and the Queen Anne's Revenge, 2 big ships
at best there will come one more ship and that should be the Flying Dutchman ofcourse
Posted Image

#2562 Captain Blackbeard

Captain Blackbeard

    Posts: 81
    Joined: 01-January 12
    Member: 23709
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

The Black Pearl is NOT big. Two cannons? Come on! And they had to put the mizzen mast on the poop deck! The QAR is big, but I'd still like to see bigger, say, triple gun decked Endeavor?
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you

#2563 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4405
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

View PostGuntherThePenguin, on 12 January 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

Well, Lego managed to keep the Funhouse set under wraps until about 2 weeks before its release, so I believe that this year, if Lego wants us to know about a new theme, we'll know. If they don't, WE won't.

I agree, this is also usually the case with large exclusives, especially.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#2564 Cammo

Cammo

    Posts: 1043
    Joined: 23-June 11
    Member: 18645
    Country: -

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

Maybe they can introduce in the unconfirmed Flying Dutchman set. I saw that Morey, the eel-like crewmember made an appearance in the DS-game. (It's the one that Barbossa decapitated.)

My link

I think he is as important as Maccus and Wyvern because he gets quite some screentime during the last battle scene in the third movie.

Edited by Cammo, 15 January 2012 - 07:17 PM.

Posted Image

#2565 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4405
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

If pirates comes back in 2014.

Timeline

2009 Pirates II
2010 Pirates II
2011 Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC)
2012 Pirates of the Caribbean POTC)
2013 Ninjago vs Pirates
2014 ????

The things unconfirmed are a second wave of POTC in 2012, Ninjago vs Pirates in 2013 and whether it would be Ninjago vs Pirates or a different theme called "Ninja vs Pirates".

Therefore perhaps in 2014 we could have Pirates III with Islanders returning and other classic Pirate LEGO sets. :shark:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#2566 Pennas2000

Pennas2000

    Posts: 165
    Joined: 23-July 10
    Member: 12170
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostMacoco, on 17 January 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

If pirates comes back in 2014.

Timeline

2009 Pirates II
2010 Pirates II
2011 Pirates of the Caribbean (POTC)
2012 Pirates of the Caribbean POTC)
2013 Ninjago vs Pirates
2014 ????

The things unconfirmed are a second wave of POTC in 2012, Ninjago vs Pirates in 2013 and whether it would be Ninjago vs Pirates or a different theme called "Ninja vs Pirates".

Therefore perhaps in 2014 we could have Pirates III with Islanders returning and other classic Pirate LEGO sets. :shark:
That'd be really cool if that happened. I'd just be happy to have some kind of pirates sets on the shelf in any form. Except Duplo.

#2567 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?


    Posts: 1249
    Joined: 18-December 10
    Member: 14752
    Country: Slovenia

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think that for 2014 it's more probable for another wave of POTC if their license agreement is really for multiple years and a new movie is coming. Especially if there is no second wave in 2012!

Posted Image


#2568 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1571
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostPennas2000, on 17 January 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

That'd be really cool if that happened. I'd just be happy to have some kind of pirates sets on the shelf in any form. Except Duplo.
Thta Jack stone-like pirates weren't my thing either, pirates 4+ it was called I think, man I was dissapointed when that came out, waiting so long for pirates and then I was presented with that silly theme  :pir_bawling:
Posted Image

#2569 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

    Posts: 17
    Joined: 11-January 10
    Member: 9026

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostMacoco, on 17 January 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:


Ninjago vs Pirates



I can't believe that hasn't occurred to me until now.  I need to start buying pirate sets!

How stupid of me! *smacks forehead*

#2570 Bricksan

Bricksan
  • Bib 6126 eats miles


    Posts: 366
    Joined: 13-July 11
    Member: 19010
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

So according to Huw at brickset this theme finishes in July......
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics


Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#2571 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4405
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

From Brickset:

Quote

Cars and Dino, no more sets on the way, Alien Conquest, Harry Potter and PotC 'exit' in July...

Interesting Cars and Dino are done but not a specific denial of possible sets for POTC and the other two themes, interesting. :pir-oh:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#2572 ghostmind

ghostmind

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 17-December 11
    Member: 23241

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

I think you may be interpreting this backwards. Cars and Dino are going to remain available at retail, but there will be no more sets released (so far). PotC, Alien Conquest and Harry Potter are going to be phased out at retail, starting in July, and go OOP.

#2573 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4405
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

View Postghostmind, on 25 January 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I think you may be interpreting this backwards. Cars and Dino are going to remain available at retail, but there will be no more sets released (so far). PotC, Alien Conquest and Harry Potter are going to be phased out at retail, starting in July, and go OOP.

well the way it is typed it sounds like:

Quote

Cars and Dino, no more sets on the way,

comma separating the two statements

Quote

Alien Conquest, Harry Potter and PotC 'exit' in July...

Edited by Macoco, 25 January 2012 - 12:16 AM.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  


#2574 Bricksan

Bricksan
  • Bib 6126 eats miles


    Posts: 366
    Joined: 13-July 11
    Member: 19010
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

View Postghostmind, on 25 January 2012 - 12:10 AM, said:

I think you may be interpreting this backwards. Cars and Dino are going to remain available at retail, but there will be no more sets released (so far). PotC, Alien Conquest and Harry Potter are going to be phased out at retail, starting in July, and go OOP.

Yep this is how I see it as well and makes sense as well really that these lines are finishing.
LEGO Ambassador for UK fans connected to Brick Fanatics


Brick Fanatics - A UK Based LEGO site, daily news from the world of LEGO. Plus we review sets and feature MOC's and much more.

#2575 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it


    Posts: 4405
    Joined: 07-April 07
    Member: 1506
    Country: USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

well I sent a message asking exactly what they meant.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
  





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links