Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2719 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2351 General Magma

General Magma

Member: 4066

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Oh, and another note on that;
It simply states that there are sets being produced right now, and that it's currently still going on, so they're merely speaking of the wave we already had,
plus the recent release of the Black Pearl. Which means that they are, like with all themes, going to keep on producing the already-released sets for now before they'd be discontinued. They're not just going to tell you whether's a theme going to continue or not like that.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, guys, this theme is most likely over.
This is just one of those typical responses you could expect from LEGO's Customer Service.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma, 09 December 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#2352 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

Well I think it slightly went up in probability, just slightly though :pir-grin:

View PostBig Cam, on 06 December 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Really? What stores, I've love to stock up on these. I see them fully stocked in Wal Mart and Target, all at full price, plus the Black Pearl barely came out.

Walmart and Target both had most of the sets with the clearance tags such as the QAR, white cap bay, I didn't see London Escape that was still full price.

unusual I thought aswell.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#2353 Legacy Man

Legacy Man

Member: 22965

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:38 AM

View PostMacoco, on 11 December 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

Well I think it slightly went up in probability, just slightly though :pir-grin:

Walmart and Target both had most of the sets with the clearance tags such as the QAR, white cap bay, I didn't see London Escape that was still full price.

unusual I thought aswell.

I bought black pearl 4184 for $60 last week at costco and there was a few left.

Edited by Legacy Man, 11 December 2011 - 01:38 AM.

#2354 Horatio

Horatio

Member: 19957

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

I believe that there will be a fifth Pirates movie, so Lego might continue the Pirates line at least until that time. In the meantime, they might make a few sets from the first three films (wouldn't it be nice to see the Dauntless in LEGO!), because the fourth film was successful, so I don't think that LEGO will give up so easily.

About the fifth film:
Fifth film

Edited by Horatio, 11 December 2011 - 04:15 AM.

"England expects that every man will do his Duty." -Lord Nelson

#2355 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

Yes the fifth movie is on the way and I wish the sets will continue!

Edited by MstrOfPppts, 11 December 2011 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2356 lightningtiger

lightningtiger
  • Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

With possible further films Lego would be mad to drop a pirate theme like this and if the fifth film is released in 2013 then The Avengers would be a 2012 gap filler in the Disney-Lego partnership. :pir-wink:

#2357 Derfel Cadarn

Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Yes more POTC sets are on there way. I have just been to my local Lego store and was talking about LOTR and they revealed that there will be a few more POTC sets including the Flying Dutchman which I was shown a picture of. It looks large and detailed. They seemed very open about it, so can't be long till an official confirmation by Lego is announced.
Posted Image Posted Image   
Lord Of The Dark Isle
  My Flickr

#2358 wonkyeye

wonkyeye

Member: 20023

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

View PostDerfel Cadarn, on 17 December 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yes more POTC sets are on there way. I have just been to my local Lego store and was talking about LOTR and they revealed that there will be a few more POTC sets including the Flying Dutchman which I was shown a picture of. It looks large and detailed. They seemed very open about it, so can't be long till an official confirmation by Lego is announced.
What were the minifigures?

#2359 Cammo

Cammo

Member: 18645

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

I only hope for
- the pufferfish henchman Koleniko or Jimmy Legs
- Wyvern
- Cutler Beckett
- Mr. Mercer
- (maybe an extra East Indian Trading Company Soldier)
- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
- Davy Jones himself

How I can dream :P

Edited by Cammo, 17 December 2011 - 01:44 PM.

Posted Image

#2360 Zeya

Zeya
  • Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

View PostCammo, on 17 December 2011 - 01:37 PM, said:

I only hope for
- the pufferfish henchman Koleniko or Jimmy Legs
- Wyvern
- Cutler Beckett
- Mr. Mercer
- (maybe an extra East Indian Trading Company Soldier)
- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
- Davy Jones himself

How I can dream :P

Damn, somebody's a real POTC fan! I don't remember anyone on that list except the last two.

I'm glad to hear the theme is continuing. A large Dutchman sounds great. I wonder if it's large like the QAR or large like the IFS!

I've got the Pearl and the QAR wrapped up by the Christmas tree right now.  :thumbup: Only 8 more days until Christmas!

#2361 october

october

Member: 17223

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

We want some more infos about the new sets...please

#2362 Cammo

Cammo

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

View PostZeya, on 17 December 2011 - 08:31 PM, said:

Damn, somebody's a real POTC fan! I don't remember anyone on that list except the last two.

I'm glad to hear the theme is continuing. A large Dutchman sounds great. I wonder if it's large like the QAR or large like the IFS!

I've got the Pearl and the QAR wrapped up by the Christmas tree right now.  :thumbup: Only 8 more days until Christmas!

I'm actually addicted to the music. My 'addiction' started 2 years ago. Then the new movie came along and now PotC is the start of my lego collection after my dark ages.  :pir-tongue:

The QaR and BP are an ideal Christmas present. Too bad I got them all during the summer break but now that the rumour of a second wave has started, I really can't wait to see the new list of the new wave.
Posted Image

#2363 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

Member: 15911

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hey Zeya, I´m a great fan of this line too! We are now four!... I think that the new info about this new wave will come out before Christmas, and I hope that those new sets include some new English and Spanish soldiers and officers, and some crewmen of the Black Pearl...

Regards!

#2364 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

View Postoctober, on 17 December 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

We want some more infos about the new sets...please
Do you want me to make stuff up?  We can't report on anything until we hear about it.

#2365 Derfel Cadarn

Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Like Big Cam said, there is no info or details yet. All I saw was small pic in a sort of catalog which showed a large Flying Dutchman set. Like I said, the store employees were very open about it, saying thats the only set they have seen but there are also some other new sets along with it. Their exact word's when I asked about POTC was: 'We know about a large set based on that ship that comes out of the water'
So I said 'you mean the Flying Dutchman'
'Yes that's the one'

The fact that they were open about it makes me think that it will be officially confirmed and shown pretty soon.

I am not going to give a description of what I saw, its down to Lego to release the pics and details, not me.

I would probably assume that there will be one more wave of POTC sets, and the theme will finish with the Dutchman as the large exclusive set.
Posted Image Posted Image   
Lord Of The Dark Isle
  My Flickr

#2366 Walter

Walter
  • Back, but still drowning!

Member: 16053

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

View PostDerfel Cadarn, on 17 December 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

This is good news! Thanks for sharing Derfel Cadarn.

Can't wait for a new wave of sets!  :pir-sweet:
Posted Image

#2367 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Totally agree with you Walter... I hope the arrive of an East Trading Company set! :D

Edited by LegoIndy, 18 December 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#2368 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

View PostLegoIndy, on 18 December 2011 - 01:09 AM, said:

Totally agree with you Walter... I hope the arrive of a East Trading Company set! :D

oh that would be sweet we need to see more civilian and soldier type sets we got plenty of the main characters already :shark:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#2369 CallMePie

CallMePie
  • DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

Huh...you know, a new ship every 6 months or so is actually a good idea. Spreads them out so you can buy them at leisure, and, well, there's a ton of them to design and sell.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 40 Decamon Drafter in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 13 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Chet Darjak, M.A.N.T.I.S. Special Forces in Andromeda's Gates
Canute Gray-Bush, still senile, still a sage in TinyPiesRUs' Ragnarok Now 3

#2370 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

No news in POTC second wave ?

#2371 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

Member: 21862

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I cannot wait for this Flying Dutchman set!!! I hope it comes with Tia Dalma or Pintel & Regetti!  :pir-tongue:  I wouldn't be surpised if the Flying Dutchman is an exclusive and is the final set in the line.

#2372 Maxim I

Maxim I
  • Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

A few days ago, I accidentally discovered: pirates.wikia.com/wiki

It's everything about PotC. I was pretty surprised there is PotCOnline and reading some pages on pirates.wikia, it looks like there are many new caracters and ships in here.
So I am pretty sure TLC can find thousands of ideas from here as well...

But on the opposite side, not everybody knows about POTC-online and they wouldn't get the clue where it comes from if they see a set based on this game in the shop.
Butbut I didn't saw all those new stuff of Star Wars (so I only saw the original 6 movies) and I still bought some sets from those new movies, just because some of the minifigures are really cool. Adapting this to the POTC-line: as long as it looks really cool, people will buy it. And if I was Disney, I would make a deal with TLC where the POTCO-sets are cheaper so more people will discover POTCO and Disney will gain more money from it...

Oh well this is just what I think :D

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

Check out my YouTube video: Gelukkig is er nu Openday.be

#2373 MstrOfPppts

MstrOfPppts
  • Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne — what's the difference?

Member: 14752

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

View PostGuntherThePenguin, on 19 December 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

I cannot wait for this Flying Dutchman set!!! I hope it comes with Tia Dalma or Pintel & Regetti!  :pir-tongue:  I wouldn't be surpised if the Flying Dutchman is an exclusive and is the final set in the line.
I think that those figs have nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman. Though I'd really like to see them all and we probably will in some other sets (Tia's shack), I'd prefer to see as many FD crew members in that set as possible. Also a variant with Becket and a few of his guys would be cool, but please LEGO spare us another Jack or Will!

Posted Image

#2374 Cammo

Cammo

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I doubt that Lego PotC will be released in the summer of 2012... They alrdy got LotR, Marvel and Dark knight sets coming out. + We still didn't see any pictures from one of their catalogues. I don't get my hopes up on this one...
Posted Image

#2375 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Some summer sets images from other lines are being leaked right know those days... but... when we're going to see finally the 2nd wave of Potc ? ... I hope soon...  :pir-cry_happy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links