Jump to content


Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
3045 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#1626 Derfel Cadarn

Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.


    Posts: 1396
    Joined: 10-March 09
    Member: 5528
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Well at least we don't have to wait any longer for the nice new pirate hat barbossa has,I made sure a grabbed a few of the new series 4 musketeers the other day, just for the hats! They do look nice. Only another month to wait for the sets.
Posted Image Posted Image   
Lord Of The Dark Isle
  My Flickr

#1627 Lalror

Lalror

    Posts: 167
    Joined: 02-June 10
    Member: 11081

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

I really want some of those hats!  They look so nice and with those rapiers the series 4 minifigs will really add to peoples pirate collections.

#1628 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Posts: 1646
    Joined: 17-August 10
    Member: 12637
    Country: USA

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

I dont know if this was mentioned already but TRU has pre-orders for Lego POC game. If you pre-order you get an exclusive Captain Jack Sparrow figure.

Here is a picture of the pre-order ticket with a picture of the exclusive Jack.

Posted Image

#1629 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

    Posts: 62
    Joined: 09-February 11
    Member: 15911
    Country: Spain

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for share that picture Solscud007!! :D Simply awesome, in the official webpage of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides, says that the toys and Lego sets are avaliable in stores... check your own! :D http://disney.go.com...ducts/toys/000/

Regards mates! :D

#1630 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 3754
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

View PostLegoIndy, on 23 March 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Thanks for share that picture Solscud007!! :D Simply awesome, in the official webpage of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides, says that the toys and Lego sets are avaliable in stores... check your own! :D http://disney.go.com...ducts/toys/000/

Regards mates! :D

It also says avaliable may 2011.  So dont get you'r hopes up just yet.

Edited by deskp, 24 March 2011 - 07:28 PM.

Minifigure checklist: The Force Awakens


Posted Image


#1631 LegoIndy

LegoIndy

    Posts: 62
    Joined: 09-February 11
    Member: 15911
    Country: Spain

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Oks, sorry, I didn´t read it! The want to confuse us! :D

#1632 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life


    Posts: 6882
    Joined: 31-January 08
    Member: 2630
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

View Postdeskp, on 23 March 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

It also says avaliable may 2011.  So dont get ur hupes up just yet.


View PostLegoIndy, on 23 March 2011 - 08:38 PM, said:

Oks, sorry, I didn´t read it! The want to confuse us! :D
Please clean up your spelling and grammar a bit guys. It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but at least avoid using "ur". :pir-wink:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#1633 TalonCard

TalonCard
  • Pirate Journalist


    Posts: 479
    Joined: 06-August 06
    Member: 883

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:09 AM

I don't know if anyone has seen the new preview yet, but *SPOILERS*





It looks as though Blackbeard has captured the Pearl, with a strong suggestion that the QAR is the Pearl.  Sort of a ghost ship possessing an actual ship, I suppose...well, former ghost ship in the Pearl's case.

TC

#1634 CMP

CMP
  • Ass


    Posts: 14322
    Joined: 27-August 09
    Member: 7199
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

View PostTalonCard, on 25 March 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

It looks as though Blackbeard has captured the Pearl, with a strong suggestion that the QAR is the Pearl.  Sort of a ghost ship possessing an actual ship, I suppose...well, former ghost ship in the Pearl's case.

TC

That would explain why they're using the ship that portrays the Pearl as the QAR.  :pir-classic:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 42.2 Rogue Thief in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 17 Berserker in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#1635 Oky

Oky
  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 9552
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

It also means that the Black Pearl set will probably be based on the original 3 films, so there's hope for a Davy Jones fig yet! :pir-grin:

#1636 10or

10or

    Posts: 265
    Joined: 15-February 10
    Member: 9571

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:19 AM

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on 25 March 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

It also means that the Black Pearl set will probably be based on the original 3 films, so there's hope for a Davy Jones fig yet! :pir-grin:

was Davy Jones ever on the Black Pearl? I cannot remember

#1637 Runamuck

Runamuck

    Posts: 362
    Joined: 19-December 10
    Member: 14769
    Country: Denmark

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:57 AM

View Post10or, on 25 March 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

was Davy Jones ever on the Black Pearl? I cannot remember

I'm not sure, maybe he was on the pearl when he and Jack were discussing how Jack could pay Jones in souls other than his own. There was also something about a spyglass and some teleporting. My memory could be wrong on those though.

Edited by Runamuck, 25 March 2011 - 05:58 AM.


#1638 punkkid364

punkkid364

    Posts: 162
    Joined: 12-January 11
    Member: 15358
    Country: United States

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

View PostTalonCard, on 25 March 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

I don't know if anyone has seen the new preview yet, but *SPOILERS*



It looks as though Blackbeard has captured the Pearl, with a strong suggestion that the QAR is the Pearl.  Sort of a ghost ship possessing an actual ship, I suppose...well, former ghost ship in the Pearl's case.

TC

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
He has TAKEN the Pearl...Blackbeard appears to collect ships, hence all the bottles in the Captain's Cabin set.

View Post10or, on 25 March 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

was Davy Jones ever on the Black Pearl? I cannot remember

He is for about a minute in Dead Man's Chest, and again in the brig with Tia Dalma in At World's End...not really enough to justify him in the set, but you never know.

Edited by punkkid364, 25 March 2011 - 05:12 PM.


#1639 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.


    Posts: 1649
    Joined: 30-December 09
    Member: 8823
    Country: Finland

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

View Postpunkkid364, on 25 March 2011 - 06:08 AM, said:

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
He has TAKEN the Pearl...Blackbeard appears to collect ships, hence all the bottles in the Captain's Cabin set.

I dont think at Blackbeard collects ships in the movie, also i think at yes, Blackbard has the Pearl, but its in a small bottle. Somehow, the whole movie seems to be a little... Weird? Of corse its nice to have a lot of imagination amd action in this film, but something doing whit magic, mermaids, very lucky Jack and suddenly a real life person Blackbeard makes the movie just a bit stupid or too unrealistic looking IMO. (No offense) But i still cant wait to see the movie!

Captain Becker
Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#1640 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.


    Posts: 1649
    Joined: 30-December 09
    Member: 8823
    Country: Finland

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:32 AM

Nice pictures mister Phes, i found another one(Not a real one), but it shows what POTC 5 would be. I give you a tip, its my favorite TV show ever made. :pir-tongue: )
Click Here!
Enjoy.

Captain Becker
Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#1641 Jippon

Jippon

    Posts: 168
    Joined: 28-June 07
    Member: 1724
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

View PostCaptain Becker, on 25 March 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

I dont think at Blackbeard collects ships in the movie, also i think at yes, Blackbard has the Pearl, but its in a small bottle. Somehow, the whole movie seems to be a little... Weird? Of corse its nice to have a lot of imagination amd action in this film, but something doing whit magic, mermaids, very lucky Jack and suddenly a real life person Blackbeard makes the movie just a bit stupid or too unrealistic looking IMO. (No offense) But i still cant wait to see the movie!

Captain Becker

Have you seen the other films? They have always had supernatural things in them: Ghost Pirates that turn into skeletons in the moonlight (part one) and Captain Squidbeard and his deformed crew (part two and three). These movies have never tried to be realistic.. just plain old swashbucklin' fun! :pir-classic:

#1642 narbilu

narbilu

    Posts: 1166
    Joined: 16-November 09
    Member: 8209
    Country: the Netherlands

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I agree, use your imagination and just have fun. Just like the SW collection, I've been to Naboo lately and didn't meet any Gungans... not even under water.  :pir_laugh2:

Posted Image



Narbilu - Explorer - Kawashita Group (AG)


Captain Bran - Corrington (BoBS)


Nar Bilu - Avalonian Lord of Hemresa (GoH)

(Hastatus - Book IV Kaliphlin Civil War)


Alliance Intelligence - Redemption Crew - (NE)


Flickr gallery


#1643 Sinner

Sinner
  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19447
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

...do remember that this topic is about LEGO POTC. Not the game, not the movies, nor is it about the theme park. People come to this topic hoping to hear more about the new sets and are disappointed. In the past we've been forced to close topics over this issue...





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#1644 Vindice

Vindice

    Posts: 591
    Joined: 23-September 10
    Member: 13399
    Country: U.K

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

Does anyone really think there won't be a Flying dutchman set?? If they went to the trouble of producing a mould for the crewmember in the mill set then I'm quite confident we'll see Davy Jones.

Unless the whole first wave does worse than PoP (unlikely) then I think we will see a lot of sets, with the flying dutchman being one of the most prominent.
"Bolted doors and windows barred, guard dogs prowling in the yard, won't protect you in your bed, nothing will, from PUMPKINHEAD"

#1645 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.


    Posts: 1649
    Joined: 30-December 09
    Member: 8823
    Country: Finland

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

View PostSiegfried, on 25 March 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

...do remember that this topic is about LEGO POTC. Not the game, not the movies, nor is it about the theme park. People come to this topic hoping to hear more about the new sets and are disappointed. In the past we've been forced to close topics over this issue...
Sorry about that Siggy, i get sometimes so easily off topic. Ill try to not to do it again. :pir-blush:

View PostVindice, on 25 March 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

Does anyone really think there won't be a Flying dutchman set?? If they went to the trouble of producing a mould for the crewmember in the mill set then I'm quite confident we'll see Davy Jones.

Unless the whole first wave does worse than PoP (unlikely) then I think we will see a lot of sets, with the flying dutchman being one of the most prominent.
I belive at POTC will be doing a second wave pretty sure, but then again, even at this theme would be very good, they might discontiune it anyway.
Lets hope its not gonna happen.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker, 25 March 2011 - 04:05 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#1646 Solscud007

Solscud007

    Posts: 1646
    Joined: 17-August 10
    Member: 12637
    Country: USA

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

View PostSiegfried, on 25 March 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

...do remember that this topic is about LEGO POTC. Not the game, not the movies, nor is it about the theme park. People come to this topic hoping to hear more about the new sets and are disappointed. In the past we've been forced to close topics over this issue...


Good to know. BUt my post was about an exclusive figure albeit it ties to the video game.

#1647 vagrant

vagrant

    Posts: 73
    Joined: 25-August 10
    Member: 12819

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

_


Review 4181:   RFFL review (VerSen)


Posted Image

Edited by vagrant, 25 March 2011 - 09:58 PM.

Posted Image


#1648 dr jones

dr jones

    Posts: 384
    Joined: 08-June 08
    Member: 3263
    Country: Belgium

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Wow, that set looks nice!
we're all a little mad here
especially me.

Posted ImageThe Dwarven Company by stickmanprod, on Flickr

#1649 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.


    Posts: 1649
    Joined: 30-December 09
    Member: 8823
    Country: Finland

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Big thansk for this review Vagrant, but unfortanelly, we cant read russia :pir_bawling:  but its great to see what we will get. Im gonna get al least 2 of that set.

Captain Becker

EDIT: I just noticed at the new Gold bars arent Chrome golden ones, they are pearl golden :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by Captain Becker, 25 March 2011 - 09:37 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#1650 lightningtiger

lightningtiger
  • Gungans taste like chicken


    Posts: 21406
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

Fantastic for that review find 'vagrant', GoggleChrome is having a hard time translating russian - need more speed out Macca's wi-fi....what do expect for free eh ?
Man, those figures are so good.....and gold bars....which I then should post this question in the town forum - why didn't the bank & money transport set get these new gold bars ?  :pir-sceptic:
Aw, well it looks like a cool playset and yeah, I'll show my son to see if he wants it or not. :pir-wink:
Brick On....the high seas ! :pir-grin:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links