Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

2704 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#1351 Solscud007

Solscud007

Member: 12637

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

I think the mods goofed and overwrote the thread title. This should be the culmination of any and all POTC information. I doubt there are 91 pages of NY Toy Fair.

#1352 narbilu

narbilu

Member: 8209

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostLego-Freak, on 16 February 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

This is what Jones looks like in the game (thanks to sologuy369 who provided a link in the videogame thread):

Posted Image

Now I really hope he's included in the BP set :thumbup:

Davy Jones looks brilliant, I don't care if he comes with the BP set, just any future set would be ok with me  :pir_laugh2:

Brickshelf gallery :: Flickr gallery

Avalonian Knight - Hemresa Region

Mystic Isle Gatekeeper (Book 1)
Nar'Bilu Book II

Rebel Trooper - Redemption Crew - Nar Eurbrikka

assigned to the Rebel 4th Platoon 38:5

Episode 1 - 4th place SoNE ep1

#1353 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life

Member: 2630

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

View PostSolscud007, on 16 February 2011 - 04:24 PM, said:

I think the mods goofed and overwrote the thread title. This should be the culmination of any and all POTC information. I doubt there are 91 pages of NY Toy Fair.
Yeah, Captain Blackmoor accidently merged the topics before he saw that I said we'll leave it. I'll see what I can do to separate the two, but otherwise I'll just rename this back to POTC Discussion.

EDIT: I got the two separated again, I'll rename this back to what it was. :pir-classic:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#1354 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hmm might wait for the BP then
As for figs here is my guesstimation
Davy Jones
Captain Jack Sparrow (possibly covered in Kraken goo or something :pir-tongue: )
Elizabeth Swan in Man attire
Gibbs
Now the reason I think Davy Jones is in these sets is
a)We already have his hat with the Black Beard minifig
b)The BP is the one in Dead Mans Chest
c)With most sets kids want someone to fight in it (a goody and baddy)
d)An exclusive figure or 'rare' figure would make the set highly sought after
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#1355 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

Do you guys think Davy Jones(when we eventualy get him) will get a new claw hand or use this, I hope he gets A new thing cause this one looks abit too MASSIVE. thanks for the screenshot whoever provided it!
Posted Image

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings

Posted Image

#1356 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

View Postdeskp, on 16 February 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Do you guys think Davy Jones(when we eventualy get him) will get a new claw hand or use this, I hope he gets A new thing cause this one looks abit too MASSIVE. thanks for the screenshot whoever provided it!
Posted Image
I think he will have that (In the BP) because why make a new mould?

#1357 Gregorovich

Gregorovich

Member: 15114

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

I hope we get a Tia Dalma figure in the BP, because we don't have any black females yet. I really hope we get her, but I don't think we will.

My unique Collectable Minifigures so far:
S1: 12/16  S2: 7/16  S3: 9/16  S4: 12/16  S5: 0/16

My Brickshelf
My Flickr

Posted Image
Convicted on Day 5 playing as Town member Geert Rotterdam in Sandy's Escape from Isla Paradisa
-Passed-

#1358 Fives

Fives
  • Makes structured rants

Member: 15059

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

I doubt Davy Jones (as much I as want him the most) will come in the Black Pearl. TLG is most likely to save the captain of the Flying Dutchman for the Flying Dutchman. I think it is more likely to come with Jack, Pintel and Raggettti, and a couple of Davy Jones's crew, and a jar of dirt!  :pir-laugh:
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

"Well, theif... where are you? Come now, don't be shy. Step into the light!"

#1359 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn
  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostGregorovich, on 16 February 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

I hope we get a Tia Dalma figure in the BP, because we don't have any black females yet. I really hope we get her, but I don't think we will.

No she wont come in that set as she wasn't on board the Pearl in that film. If she is going to be in any set it would be a set of her hut or a scene from Worlds End. They havn't yet made any sets for the 3rd film, so they might be in a second wave.
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#1360 SimWilliamSparrow

SimWilliamSparrow

Member: 15519

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

View PostLego-Freak, on 16 February 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

YES!  This halfway confirms that we'll get a new beard-piece for Davy, and also a possible new crab-claw-hand!  :pir_laugh2:   :thumbup: "Do you fear death-ah?"
Captain Simen William Sparrow

#1361 prateek

prateek
  • Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

View PostSimWilliamSparrow, on 17 February 2011 - 01:36 AM, said:

YES!  This halfway confirms that we'll get a new beard-piece for Davy, and also a possible new crab-claw-hand!  :pir_laugh2:   :thumbup: "Do you fear death-ah?"
This doesn't really confirm anything. Remember Lego Star Wars? Most of those characters don't even exist.

#1362 SimWilliamSparrow

SimWilliamSparrow

Member: 15519

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:59 AM

View Postprateek, on 17 February 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

This doesn't really confirm anything. Remember Lego Star Wars? Most of those characters don't even exist.
Well, yes that is true, but taking the fact that Davy Jones is such an important bad-guy as he his I'm very sure we'll get him in the future  :pir-grin:
Captain Simen William Sparrow

#1363 punkkid364

punkkid364

Member: 15358

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:36 AM

View Postprateek, on 17 February 2011 - 01:52 AM, said:

And some that we did eventually get are really different from how they appear in the game (I'm looking at you Ki-Adi Mundi.  You were not ugly in the game!)

#1364 deskp

deskp

Member: 12681

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

i think Blackbeard's hat confirms that releasing a Davy Jones is planned, otherwise they would have chosen a way diferet design for hes minifig hat.

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings

Posted Image

#1365 JeKyll

JeKyll

Member: 9382

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

I found more nice pics of The QAR:

Link: 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge

#1366 Dr.Cogg

Dr.Cogg
  • They're called "wet lands"

Member: 4030

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:45 AM

If the Black Pearl does have villians it will probably be Davy Jones Crew the fish people  :shark:  ,also I wish lego would make cannon packs :cannon: . P.S. I wonder if the BP will come with Tia Dalma ?

#1367 narbilu

narbilu

Member: 8209

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

I was wondering if this set was going to be a single wave shot of TLC, so I started to search around the internet for possible rumors about PotC part 5 and found the following:

I can still remember when the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean seems to be the last for Captain Jack Sparrow. But when On Stranger Tides was being produced, I said "Oh there's fourth!" Now that the fourth installment is in post-production, Disney gives as a hint that Pirates 5 and 6 may be a sure go.

HitFix reports that "Disney has begun quietly telling cast and crew to set aside a major block of time in the very near future so they can shoot" the films. As with the second and third sequels, the plan apparently is for these latest installments to be shot back to back.

Of course, you can't make a Pirates movie without Captain Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp. But the actor is committed to shooting Dark Shadows (with Tim Burton) and The Lone Ranger (with original Pirates director Gore Verbinski) in 2011. So when would parts five and six get made? HitFix points out that a shoot like this could take a good chunk of a year.

WHOOHOO part 5 and 6  :pir-cry_happy:
I found some more rumors to support this message. So with this in mind (if this wave is a success), we can expect a lot more Jack Sparrow figures in the future.

Edited by narbilu, 17 February 2011 - 08:20 AM.

Brickshelf gallery :: Flickr gallery

Avalonian Knight - Hemresa Region

Mystic Isle Gatekeeper (Book 1)
Nar'Bilu Book II

Rebel Trooper - Redemption Crew - Nar Eurbrikka

assigned to the Rebel 4th Platoon 38:5

Episode 1 - 4th place SoNE ep1

#1368 Hive

Hive
  • Friendsified!

Member: 9979

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yeah it was confirmed long time ago that they're doing a new triolgy. Even I knew that like 2 years ago, and I don't care much for POTC.  :pir-tongue:

#1369 giggitygoo

giggitygoo

Member: 13043

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

Think of this though for the BP, it will surely come with some form of villain as the sets each have to have some action, whether or not it follows the movie as the sets are mainly aimed for kids. So with that in mind we may have our hand son some awesome figures :pir_laugh2:  (if not a kraken :shark: )

#1370 punkkid364

punkkid364

Member: 15358

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

View Postnarbilu, on 17 February 2011 - 08:19 AM, said:

I was wondering if this set was going to be a single wave shot of TLC, so I started to search around the internet for possible rumors about PotC part 5 and found the following:

I can still remember when the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean seems to be the last for Captain Jack Sparrow. But when On Stranger Tides was being produced, I said "Oh there's fourth!" Now that the fourth installment is in post-production, Disney gives as a hint that Pirates 5 and 6 may be a sure go.

HitFix reports that "Disney has begun quietly telling cast and crew to set aside a major block of time in the very near future so they can shoot" the films. As with the second and third sequels, the plan apparently is for these latest installments to be shot back to back.

Of course, you can't make a Pirates movie without Captain Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp. But the actor is committed to shooting Dark Shadows (with Tim Burton) and The Lone Ranger (with original Pirates director Gore Verbinski) in 2011. So when would parts five and six get made? HitFix points out that a shoot like this could take a good chunk of a year.

WHOOHOO part 5 and 6  :pir-cry_happy:
I found some more rumors to support this message. So with this in mind (if this wave is a success), we can expect a lot more Jack Sparrow figures in the future.

The thing is that Disney has hired Terry Rossio to write a script for Pirates 5, but he himself says:

The idea that a 5th and 6th pirates film is being planned by Disney, and that they're planned to shoot back-to-back, is utter nonsense.

The notion that "key cast members should block out their schedules" is an absurd statement, and shows that whomever started the rumor doesn't know how studio pictures work. (Actors do not "block out their schedules" unless they've been offered a role, which means the film is written, approved, green lit, and budgeted, and scheduled, which means a director has been hired, and a screenplay is done, etc. None of that is even possible to happen without many complex deals for key players having been completed, and not even any of that is done.)

Also, the studio would *never* plan to shoot back-to-back sequels. There isn't any cost savings, and it creates the problem that the films have to be released too closely together (P3 came out a scant 11 months after P2).

Here's the reality of further sequels. If On Stranger Tides does well, then the studio would be inclined to want to produce another sequel, if they liked the screenplay, and if Johnny Depp wants to do it, and if the economics of it all worked out and made sense. You can always find someone somewhere to speculate that it's a good idea -- but that doesn't mean anything is actually happening.

While the studio might be thinking about it, and we all might toss around ideas for another movie, nothing will be decided for certain until after May 20th of next year, at the earliest. And nothing would be decided for anything other than a single next movie.
(originally posted on keeptothecode.com)

Temper all that skepticism with "But they HAVE a script underway."  Also, 4 is costing some 100 million less than 3, and will probably make just as much money, so there's no real worries on the financial front.  I for one would love for them to keep making them as long as Johnny Depp wants to and they remain entertaining.

EDIT: I finally found the quote I was looking for.

Edited by punkkid364, 17 February 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#1371 joeygunns

joeygunns

Member: 11049

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

If i know hollywood they will be at least another pirates movie after 4 (depending on how well it does) they are just a big cash cow. Take avatar for example how much money did that gross? now we are getting the avatar sequels...i just hope they don't ruin the pirate genre by flooding it with pirates of the caribbean movie. But i have heard Steven Spielberg is wanting to turn Michael Crichton's "Pirate Latitudes" into a movie, i finished reading the book the other day its pretty good.

#1372 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!

Member: 6622

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

Does anyone know if there will be a pre-order option? If there is, when?
"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong." Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

Ragvald Stonesplitter, Commander of the Brave Ursurpers

#1373 GRogall

GRogall
  • Firmly in place and absolutely straight

Member: 2674

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:49 AM

I know these pics are no different then the ones that MTV released!

But they are larger and show more details.

All pictures link to larger versions!

4181 Isla De La Muerta

Posted Image

4182 The Cannibal Escape

Posted Image

4183 The Mill

Posted Image

4191 Fountain of Youth

Posted Image

4191 The Captains Cabin

Posted Image

4193 The London Escape

Posted Image

4194 Whitecap Bay

Posted Image

4195  Queen Anne's Revenge

Posted Image

Enjoy!  :jollyroger: :jollyroger: :jollyroger:

Posted Image

#1374 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Brickbeard's Bounty only has 592 pieces, whereas the Black Pearl has 800 odd, hopefully even though it is smaller than QAR it still has an extra deck like IFS and an actual door into the cabin.
Remember most of QAR's pieces are skele heads and bones.

#1375 Elander

Elander

Member: 3493

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:45 AM

I don't like the cannons inside the Queen Anne's Revenge. Why these haven't wheels??
LEGO, you have paid for the PotC-license lot of money. Here is the wrong place to economize material.

I'm dying to know what we will see inside the Black Pearl. I hope cannons "with" wheels...  :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by Elander, 19 February 2011 - 09:50 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links