Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Steampunk AT-TE

Nice, Mood! The tiles and gears are combined in just the right places; smooth where it should be and greebled where it should be.

I'm not a fan of the lower portion of the middle legs, though, it looks nice and Steampunky, but it looks to thin for a tough armored walker to me. Not sure what you were going for there.

Nice, Mood! The tiles and gears are combined in just the right places; smooth where it should be and greebled where it should be.

I'm not a fan of the lower portion of the middle legs, though, it looks nice and Steampunky, but it looks to thin for a tough armored walker to me. Not sure what you were going for there.

Thanks, man! If you check out the front/back views of this on Mocpages, you'll see the legs are thicker than 1 brick wide.

Thanks, man! If you check out the front/back views of this on Mocpages, you'll see the legs are thicker than 1 brick wide.

No, no, I meant on the middle legs, where the bottom part is connected to the top using only two 1 x 8 Bricks with bars and a hose; in my mind, that looks like it might snap under the weight of the walker.

No, no, I meant on the middle legs, where the bottom part is connected to the top using only two 1 x 8 Bricks with bars and a hose; in my mind, that looks like it might snap under the weight of the walker.

Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, the middle legs are pretty flimsy, but it's only fiction, right? :wink:

That's pretty cool, although I'm not a big star wars fan I have to say this looks really good. I agree about the middle legs they seem out of place with the front and back ones, maybe some more gears in the middle or something could solve that.

Great model, keep on MOCing! :thumbup:

Another nice MOC Moodswim! I see you like your AT-Te's. :laugh: The greebels look good though the middle leg looks a bit skinny in my opinion.

Another excellent Steampunk SW creation Mood! I think you nailed the perfect steampunk version of the AT-TE right on the bullseye. The overall design, color scheme, and detailing is simply spot-on. I did notice too the thin bars on the middle legs, but it's quite understandable on the steampunk context. Great job once again! :thumbup:

Now I wonder what SW vehicle will you be 'steampunking' next? RGS?

This is a fantastic MOC! I really love the minifigs, their outfits and weapons have a wicked steampunk/old-timey feel. The AT-TE looks great, I could just imagine the machine making its way across a vast desert, all the while spurting out great gusts of steam. I wish this was a real set.

Holy gosh, that is awesome. Even though I'm not a big fan of the steampunk genre, I always like seeing steampunk MOCs, to see how their creators re-interpret a Star Wars ship or craft. Since it is steam powered, it's always important that we see some gears and greebles to get a feel of how the machine works, and you've delivered on that part. However, I will agree that the middle legs do look a little flimsy. I would imagine a steampunk AT-TE to have strong timber or brass legs.