Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia: Day 2

During the late hours of the night, Dacius Nathans was out of bed. A figure approached him.

5418761899_18cd31848b_z.jpg

"Here, I made some silver bullets for you", it said.

The figure walked away.

"Wow, what a good samaritan", Dacius said to himself. "I could find out who needs these to kill werewolves!".

5419366874_2403f83522_z.jpg

A hooded figure sneakily approached Dacius from behind. Dacius only knew it was there after it got so close that he could hear its breath. Before he could turn around, the hooded figure swung his pickax into Dacius' back.

5419368416_9a7c0e16c7_z.jpg

Dacius collapsed to the floor, crawling away from his attacker.

"No, please, no!", he begged for mercy. The hooded figure just stared down at Nathans, and prepared to swing again.

5418766257_eea2e2869b_z.jpg

The pickax came down again with a soft thud, right into Dacius' chest. He stopped shaking, and his body went limp. The hooded figure's work was complete.

5418768391_4391f8f1da_z.jpg

---

The next morning, the villagers woke to find Dacius' bloody corpse laid out on the stone floor. A few gasped, others sobbed. After the defeat of Zed the Werewolf, the villagers had hoped that they would be alright, but this just proved that everyone was still in immediate danger.

The baron addressed the guests.

"It is unfortunate that Dacius Nathans was killed. Even more unfortunate that he was one of our own, a loyal Villager".

The crowd exchanged glances, saddened by their loss.

"However, we must continue to pursue his murderer, as well as any other evils that may be present among us", Isaac said. "We shall lynch again after breakfast".

5419374454_4455d8ce98_z.jpg

Rules:

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 3 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. To convict, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If someone has been convicted, their loyalty will be revealed shortly after. After this the night phase will begin, which will last 2-3 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must send in their choices to the game moderator (me) within 24 hours, or they will not be counted.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- A conviction is reached at the end of the day, in which the player with the most votes is lynched. If there is tie, the player who got the most votes first is lynched.

- There is a 24 hour limit at the beginning of each day. You are not allowed to vote during this time. The game moderator may or may not announce when the limit is lifted, so pay attention to when the Day thread was posted.

- You may not edit your posts. Violation may result in penalty votes and/or a mod kill. - Do not ever directly quote or claim to quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Likewise, please avoid posting out of character (OOC) in the game thread.

- No metagaming (specifically, basing judgment on how someone played in another game. References to past games and roles, not relating to any specific player, are okay).

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- There may be certain punishments for not reaching a conviction during the day. Said punishments are final, and are to be obeyed.

- Night actions sent after 24 hours into the Night Phase will not be counted. Please send them in quickly, even if you don't plan on using your action. The sooner I get night actions, the sooner the next day can begin.

- Lastly, this is very important: Do NOT reveal any game information or even communicate with other players concerning the game at all if you are dead.Yes, this includes speaking to other dead players about the game. If you're dead, then you're dead, so act like it. Absolutely nothing is allowed to be revealed until the game's conclusion is posted.

Players:

5401943209_08b8cb3789_m.jpg Ignatius Conan (Inconspicuous) - Wealthy businessman and owner of Blackwood's general store.

5401943253_2d9789ab2f_m.jpg Daniel O'Donnell (Def) - Owner and manager of the local Irish restaurant.

5401943329_55d824e4f1_m.jpg Benjamin Cobb (Bob The Construction Man) - Everyday citizen of Blackwood.

5401943441_0cdd2dc15a_m.jpg Harriet Clive (Hinckley) - Worker at the general store.

5402543556_cb60129620_m.jpg Sebastien Vaughn (Shadows) - Young, rich man of Blackwood.

5402543634_1919366b1d_m.jpg Angela Fairfax (Alopex) - Duchess of southeast England, married to William.

5401943649_cf84a90ea5_m.jpg Archibald Rynne (Admiral Ron) - Waiter at the local Irish restaurant.

5401943745_f23618bd24_m.jpg William Fairfax (WhiteFang) - Duke of southeast England, married to Angela.

5401943807_d4baf820b1_m.jpg Beatrice Synclair (Badboytje88) - Wife of Samuel and mother of Quinn.

5402543936_e71bdcbfa6_m.jpgWalter Knox (Walter Kovacs) - Librarian.

5401943995_01cd4526e7_m.jpg Samuel Synclair (Sandy) - Husband of Beatrice, father of Quinn, and elder brother of Charles.

5401944075_aab4848a08_m.jpgAdam Sokern (Sok117) - Bobby in the Blackwood police force.

5401944167_f75de15ac0_m.jpgCharles Synclair (CallMePie) - Professor at Oxford, younger brother of Samuel.

5402544244_efb1304740_m.jpg Arianna Jacques (Lord Arjay) - Everyday citizen of Blackwood.

5401944399_2246277923_m.jpg Terence Lyons (TinyPiesRUs) - Local pub owner.

5401944477_0ea198d957_m.jpg Quinn Synclair (Quarryman) - Son of Beatrice and Samuel, student at local school.

5401944551_ef836446af_m.jpgPenelope Fletcher (Professor Flitwick) - Servant of the baron.

5402544516_98fc6d1982_m.jpg Fiona Gates (Fugazi) - Servant of the baron.

5401944657_98259e1be1_m.jpg Reginald Greyson (Rick) - Retired admiral of the Royal Navy.

5401944713_ff0e053e4b_m.jpg Ruben Roland (Rufus) - Teacher at the local school.

5401944767_83e6ac074a_m.jpg Ebenezer Hewitt (Eskallon) - Chief of the village police force.

5401944833_3bc6b14fc9_m.jpg Isaac Edgar (iamded) - Baron of the large manor on the village borders.

5401944993_3225aa9b54_m.jpg Phillip Peers (Peanuts) - Detective outsourced from London.

5401945109_1141d9af46_m.jpg Raleigh Clifton (Ricecracker) - Detective outsourced from London.

Oh my god! *oh2* Just as I was being happy about us killing a werewolf, those horrible creatures kill one of ours... But his death shall be avenged... :angry:

And it seems we have got a helper... Who could have given him the bullets?

And don't werewolves usually kill by biting? Maybe it was another faction... So many questions... :sceptic:

It would seem the Werewolves have taken their revenge. :sadnew: Good Night, Mr. Nathans, and thank you for helping us rid of that ghastly demon, Zed.

I don't suppose anyone has found anything of any use during the night?

That's strange...would such a cloak fit a werewolf? I always imagined them to be big, hulking beasts. :sceptic:

And use werewolves picks? I don't think so, they're called "werewolves" and not "wereminers". Strange one...

Maybe some third party has killed our policeman and not a werewolf. Maybe someone even managed to block the werewolf killer?

It would be great if a blocker, if we have one, would tell someone privately who he blocked, just to give us a hint were to proceed our investigations.

Only one death, that's not bad at all. Normally, once I take a case over, there dies more than one on the first day. :classic:

Has anyone else found out something at night?

Damn! Our enemies (werewolves or any other factions we may be facing) are clearly trying to scare us by killing whoever speaks up. Thank you Mr. Nathans, your efforts to rid this town of filth will not be forgotten. I don't really have a clue what to make of the person handing the late Mr. Nathans silver bullets. It seems to suggest we need to bring bullets and a gun together before someone on our side can attempt to kill enemies at night. That doesn't sound too good.

It would be great if a blocker, if we have one, would tell someone privately who he blocked, just to give us a hint were to proceed our investigations.

Hmmm, I doubt that will happen. Personally, I don't have a reason to trust anyone at this stage and we don't want our enemies to know who our blocker is, now do we?

I don't really have a clue what to make of the person handing the late Mr. Nathans silver bullets. It seems to suggest we need to bring bullets and a gun together before someone on our side can attempt to kill enemies at night. That doesn't sound too good.

It looks like it, but then he must have already owned something otherwise it would have been useless to give it to him. Or maybe somebody thought he could use them for something...

Hmmm, I doubt that will happen. Personally, I don't have a reason to trust anyone at this stage and we don't want our enemies to know who our blocker is, now do we?

I think, Harriet might be trustworthy. She has lead the conga line of death against Zeb and therefore killed one of the werewolves. I don't think she can be scum, unless she is an usurper trying to kill the alpha werewolf, who Zeb was. But I don'T know if there are alpha werewolves, usurper werewolves and if Harriet is one. We also have no sign that Zeb was the alpha werewolf, if there are some. I myself think she is highly trustworthy.

Oh my, what a tragedy. :sadnew: Our celebrations at catching a werewolf so soon must be cut short. Mr Nathans had proved himself a leader among us, and clearly someone thought he was a danger. But I agree with Mr Peers, his death doesn't look like the work of a werewolf, but what do we know?

Does anyone know what happened to the silver bullets? I agree with Reginald, we need to get these bullets to someone who can use them.

I think, Harriet might be trustworthy.

Sure, might be. And I have no reason whatsoever to doubt that she acts in the best interest of our village. She certainly has lead the way to a werewolf conviction yesterday. But if the rumors about there being other factions out there are true, she will be as eager as all of us to get rid of a werewolf.

That, and she's turning out to be a great play-writer, not to mention the two other great... ahem, her great personality. :blush:

Sure, might be. And I have no reason whatsoever to doubt that she acts in the best interest of our village. She certainly has lead the way to a werewolf conviction yesterday. But if the rumors about there being other factions out there are true, she will be as eager as all of us to get rid of a werewolf.

That, and she's turning out to be a great play-writer, not to mention the two other great... ahem, her great personality. :blush:

Right, I completely forgot she might be third party. That happens ways too often during my inquests. Sometimes I even forget the crime the suspect has done. Too mjuch lukewarm beer, I think. I'm a great detective ayway. :classic:

I thought there could be a victory celebration since hitting the right target on the first day is considered rare and I am glad we made the right decision together. But, I never expect in the morning to see our fellow Officer Dacius was brutally murdered...

Someone among us did produce the silver bullet and handed it over to him, which made me strongly believe that "if" Officer Dacius was not a target for the killer, this portion might not be revealed today. In addition, I strongly believes the person who produces the silver bullets, have the ability to eliminate the werewolves since it is a possible known fact that silver bullets can kill these foul beasts.

This is only my theory and I can't prove if it is correct or not, but I am basing on what I observed and infer to what I think is possible.

Well first and formost, I would like to congratulate Harriet and the late Dacious for finding one of the werewolves, that was some keen attention to detail, on their part, and secondly, I would like to thank everyone who voted for Zed and not listen to me, Zed contacted me and pleaded his case, and I managed to fall hook line and sinker for it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Yesterday I accused Dacious of being a werewolf and I feel horrible that that would be the last thing I said to him, after we nabbed Zed, I spoke to him before we retired, offering my sincerest apologies, too bad I will never get an answer from him. My prayers will be with him.

Now as for the information we have received today. I think there are two options here

1. we are dealing with more then just werewolves. There are other dark forces out to get us

or

2. Since no moonlight could enter (I'm assuming) that could very well have been a werewolf, but that is just a guess seeing as how Zed only changed when the moon light shown through the cracks in the wall.

These are troubling times indeed, I think that us as villagers have a shield and sword combo here, someone who can produce the bullets, and someone who can fire the bullets. Our goal now is to get the two of them in contact with one another to use these abilities to their full potential, of course this is not something that can be discussed here with prying eyes and open ears, so if there are people with these abilities, star asking around, maybe start with Harriet because I would assume she could be a good villager because of her actions yesterday. But these are merely suggestions.

It is saddening to find the good Officer Nathans dead by dawn, yet I must say it doesn't come as a big surprise. I was certain that at least one of the people who lead the vote against Zed the Hairy would wind up dead come today.

Nevertheless, I also wonder about the killer's weapon of choice. A pickaxe? Doesn't sound werewolfish to me... Maybe we are dealing with a faction of evil dwarves as well. Quickly, check everyone's legs to see if anybody is walking on stilts!

Well first and formost, I would like to congratulate Harriet and the late Dacious for finding one of the werewolves, that was some keen attention to detail, on their part, and secondly, I would like to thank everyone who voted for Zed and not listen to me, Zed contacted me and pleaded his case, and I managed to fall hook line and sinker for it. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Yesterday I accused Dacious of being a werewolf and I feel horrible that that would be the last thing I said to him, after we nabbed Zed, I spoke to him before we retired, offering my sincerest apologies, too bad I will never get an answer from him. My prayers will be with him.

*Ahem* I don't me to be rude Mr. Sokern, sir, but that is a bit hard to swallow. Not only do I think it's odd that you, an officer of the law (an a person who's... acted in a few previous plays), could be swayed by a simple 'Oh I didn't mean too, I'm innocent', but I also think you might have had an ulterior motive for not voting for the late Mr. Philips. Not saying it's definite, but who is to say your not a Werewolf yourself, and you weren't looking out for your fiendish friends. :sceptic:

After yesterday's great achievement it is a huge shame to have lost one of my fellow comrades, I said some harsh words yesterday and I just hope they were not still at his heart after I had apologised to him. Anyway we must carry on our efforts to rid ourselves of these werewolves, it seems that there was no werewolf killing last night, perhaps one of us village members can wield a weapon at night and that was what we saw, maybe the werewolves chose to wait *huh* or something stopped them.

Today we need to just watch out for slip-ups like yesterday and hope for the best. :thumbup:

One of the village to kill Mr Nathans? I hope not! We were at least lucky in that Mr Nathans didn't have the gun, so we still have a chance of reuniting silver bullets and gun -- assuming that there are any werewolves left in the Manor. Then either way, silver bullets will probably also be effective against witches, zombies and whatever else is thrown at us!

So, who shall we lynch after breakfast? One of those who defended Mr Phillips? One of those who didn't vote at all? Or one of those who voted belatedly when it didn't make any difference?

And more importantly, what shall it be for breakfast? More cock?

:tongue:

So, who shall we lynch after breakfast? One of those who defended Mr Phillips? One of those who didn't vote at all? Or one of those who voted belatedly when it didn't make any difference?

I agree with the first two, but not the third; it only requires one vote to lynch somebody, so everbody who voted, from Mr. Vaughn to Mr. Conan (you and myself included) could be considered eligible for lynching. I suggest look and the group of defence.

Fantastic, we've nabbed a werewolf on the first day of questioning. Great work fellas!

Now we know that Zed was a werewolf, we have plenty of leads to go off today. Things don't look good for those who supported Mr. Phillips yesterday. I'm sure a couple of them would've been werewolves.

I'm especially bothered by detective Hewitt, who was such a strong defender of Zed, but ended up doing a complete 180 as soon as it became clear he was going to be convicted. Harriet seems to have a reason to trust him though, so I'll leave this alone for the moment.

It seems Mr. Conan did the same thing too.

Not exactly the best news that Dacius was killed during the night, however it's quite encouraging that we managed to get a werewolf on the first day. Hopefully we can keep thngs up! :thumbup:

the hooded figure swung his pickax into Dacius' back.

Is this to be taken as an accurate descrption?

I don't suppose anyone has found anything of any use during the night?

Well I learned that cock tastes better when - oh, you mean about stopping the werewolves, no.

I suggest look and the group of defence.

Instead of suggesting someone else looks, why don't you do it yourself?

Anyway, I have a question for Mr Synclair:

I'm not exactly defending Phillips,

Not defending Zed, just making observations.

Why did you want to make sure that people knew you weren't defending Zed?

Now I shall sing a song to commemorate killing a werewolf on our first night.

Oh Werewolf Hunter

by Harriet Clive

(ahem)

Oh Werewolf Hunters,

we are strong

we killed our first werewolf

before long.

Oh Werewolf Hunter

needs some bullets

I know where they are

So cock your trigger and pull it.

:wink:

The werewolves will

fall before long

I hope that their ears

burn from my song.

Oh I'm a slutty singer

and I like to eat cock.

If you're a werewolf

I'll hit you with a rock.

Well first and formost, I would like to congratulate Harriet and the late Dacious for finding one of the werewolves,

I overheard a private conversation with you and Dacius yesterday. You were threatening to come after him. Not to mention your multi-paragraph accusation of me and him. You doggedly defended a werewolf, trying to turn around all of Dacius's words to make him look guilty. Your actions have already revealed your true allegiance and I know where my vote will go when the time has come. :hmpf_bad:

We will avenge the death of dear Mr. Nathans. He was a good man and he didn't deserve to die that way. He should still be with us today. :cry_sad:

*Ahem* I don't me to be rude Mr. Sokern, sir, but that is a bit hard to swallow. Not only do I think it's odd that you, an officer of the law (an a person who's... acted in a few previous plays), could be swayed by a simple 'Oh I didn't mean too, I'm innocent', but I also think you might have had an ulterior motive for not voting for the late Mr. Philips. Not saying it's definite, but who is to say your not a Werewolf yourself, and you weren't looking out for your fiendish friends. :sceptic:

Well the reason that I was swayed by Zed was because that bit of information about other factions was something I misread myself, being a villager I looked back on it and thought it sounded like a reasonable mistake and so I pursued it. I shall have you know that Zed, though unable to read so to speak, was a silver-tounged devil with his word. But I would like to challenge your points about me not voting for Mr. Philips, I didn't vote for him because I truly thought he to be a villager, don't you think a werewolf (and one who has played in a few plays himself) wouldn't be as foolish as to fight a losing battle as I have done? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we voted out a werewolf, but I was just following my instincts.

I overheard a private conversation with you and Dacius yesterday. You were threatening to come after him. Not to mention your multi-paragraph accusation of me and him. You doggedly defended a werewolf, trying to turn around all of Dacius's words to make him look guilty. Your actions have already revealed your true allegiance and I know where my vote will go when the time has come. :hmpf_bad:

We will avenge the death of dear Mr. Nathans. He was a good man and he didn't deserve to die that way. He should still be with us today. :cry_sad:

Again, as I have stated above, Zed managed to fool me with a reasonable speech, I tried talking to Dacious before the whole ordeal, but he wouldn't answer me which fueled my suspicion even more, that coupled with the odds he presented and his statement that said we were most likely voting out a villager made me believe that I was right to follow my instincts. In past plays, when one is faced with a conviction, I contact them before they are lynched to ask them a few questions, seeing as how they have nothing left, I try to get as many details as possible, I practiced this in a play about a king in an asylum, and he told me he was innocent when he was being backed into a corner, and so I defended him for and tried to convince everyone of there mistake. Zed on the other hand lied through his teeth until the end and I wish I could have seen that. I have to say, that a werewolf would not have played so openly, and stupidly at that. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused so far, but hopefully we can get back on track and try to find a real werewolf.

Is this to be taken as an accurate descrption?

No. Whenever I say "his" (in a situation like this), it's an ambiguous term just like "you guys". I don't mean to sound sexist, it's just an old habit.

Again, as I have stated above, Zed managed to fool me with a reasonable speech, I tried talking to Dacious before the whole ordeal, but he wouldn't answer me which fueled my suspicion even more, that coupled with the odds he presented and his statement that said we were most likely voting out a villager made me believe that I was right to follow my instincts. In past plays, when one is faced with a conviction, I contact them before they are lynched to ask them a few questions, seeing as how they have nothing left, I try to get as many details as possible, I practiced this in a play about a king in an asylum, and he told me he was innocent when he was being backed into a corner, and so I defended him for and tried to convince everyone of there mistake. Zed on the other hand lied through his teeth until the end and I wish I could have seen that. I have to say, that a werewolf would not have played so openly, and stupidly at that. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused so far, but hopefully we can get back on track and try to find a real werewolf.

I would like to hear the so impressive speech, that convinced you immediately and doubtless that Zed was a loyal townie, the speech, that made you perfectly sure Harriet was wrong although her gap-filling plays, the speech, that brought you to even intimidate a police officer just because you were so sure he was town.

And by the way, you intimidated a police officer to come for him if Zed would die, now Zed died and he's dead, clearly not killed by a townie. And wether if you're a werewolf or something else, we need to kill anyone who is not town, and I'm almost sure you're not. Consider yourself dead, scum.

It's so unfair, we manage to do everything we can and with our success comes a terrible failure and loss. The revelation of a pickaxe murderer leaves me confused as to their specific disorder, but whatever they are they can count on one thing... we'll find you and when we do, you're dead. Count on it.

Seems you're looking in the same direction I am, so I think that bears repeating.

<sigh> :sadnew: I was just getting to know Dacius. I know I initially didn't trust him (as I didn't trust anyone), but we were getting along well enough and I know if he were still with us, well things would be different.

But, I must commend madam Harriet and the late Dacius, on leading the hunt against the foul werewolf we slew last night. I also shall commend madam Harriet on her wonderful song this morning. It sure lifted spirits. :sweet:

Now, I must say, things are not looking good for officer Sokern. But I must remind us not to get cocky. Just because we managed to nail a scummy wolf yesterday, it does not mean we are on a lucky streak.