Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

Mini Model fun for little money

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

While toying around with the small Creator set 6741 - Mini Jet, I realized that the Force is strong with this one. :wink:

Availabe for only a few bucks (4.99 EUR / 4.99 GBP / 5.99 USD) and just containing 63 pieces, this little set has the potential for two weöö-known Star Wars miniatures which I want to present to you here. :classic:

--------------------

First you can build the Republic Cruiser "Radiant VII" from the opening scene of Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace. Of course you can't be 100% accurate with only 63 pieces from a set intended for something comepletely different, and thus I am missing the escape pod under the bridge. But I hope it's still recognizable. Building fun is guaruanteed nevertheless! :classic:

6741-republic-cruiser-0.jpg

6741-republic-cruiser-1.jpg

6741-republic-cruiser-3.jpg

6741-republic-cruiser-4.jpg

--------------------

The second model you can build with these 63 pieces is an A-Wing Starfighter from Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi. It's a pretty clean design and of adequate accuracy regarding the limitations. :classic:

6741-a-wing-0.jpg

6741-a-wing-1.jpg

6741-a-wing-3.jpg

6741-a-wing-4.jpg

--------------------

Unfortunately this little set is no longer availble officially in the stores from this year on. But there are still plenty of these in the store waiting to be bought. :classic:

Thanks for your time and stepping by!

Yours Christopher.

For god's sake, just get the monkey set and make a mini Rancor out of it. :laugh:

Good job. I like both. :thumbup:

Wow! I especially love the A-Wing. I'd love to see more SW alternates if you have any :thumbup:

It's really a wonder how a small 63-piece set can transform into very nice alternative builds with only a bit of imagination and of course, some mini-MOC building expertise of Legostein. Both models are really very well done considering the parts limitation, great job as always Christopher! :thumbup:

I wonder how many other mini SW vehicles could you build with other Creator sets.

Great job Legostein. Both models are instantly recognisable and look really good. :thumbup:

It's really a wonder how a small 63-piece set can transform into very nice alternative builds with only a bit of imagination and of course, some mini-MOC building expertise of Legostein. Both models are really very well done considering the parts limitation, great job as always Christopher! :thumbup:

Why didn't you wrote:

[b]legostein[/b]

?

You always do that.

And yes, I am copying you with that one (it's good idea). :laugh:

Hello again!

Thank you very much for the many nice comments! :classic: Posting on these boards is a pleasure and bringing inspiration into the community is my greatest joy. :classic:

There is a blog! I am sorry to have missed the start and its initial announcement. Thank you for taking these models over there. :classic:

Hope to see you around soon, and have a great week-end!

~ Christopher

You truly have earned your title as 'Mini Master'. I particularly like the A-Wing and I'm sure the 1st one is really good too I'm just not familiar with it.

I actually bought this set because I thought there were probably some useful Star Wars-ey parts in it. Until now it's just been sat in a box...

I'm interested to know how you come up with these ideas. With something like this, do you look at the parts and think "well, I could build 'x' and 'x' with this". Or, is it down to lots of trial and error and experimentation?

Hello,

and thanks again for the nice comments! :classic:

Now it's time to give some answers... :wink:

I'd love to see more SW alternates if you have any :thumbup:

Besides, the Naboo-N1 and the Bongo Sub, which you already have seen, there are no other Star Wars models made of other sets currently. But there may be more in future. :wink:

I'm interested to know how you come up with these ideas. With something like this, do you look at the parts and think "well, I could build 'x' and 'x' with this". Or, is it down to lots of trial and error and experimentation?

Well, it's a bit of both. You can't force creativity. The more time you spend with a set, the more you begin to see the potential of the pieces themselves, and not just the set. Then you suddenly think what it *could* be. And with a little patience and some skills it *might* really work out then. :classic:

See you soon,

~ Christopher

I finally picked up this set. It is hard to find haha. I love the republic cruiser. Thanks Legostien!!!