Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Werewolf Mafia Confirmation & Discussion thread

It was a foggy night in Blackwood, a small town not too far from London, in the autumn of 1887. The town was eerily quiet tonight, and although the hour was early, many of the citizens had already retreated to their homes and locked their doors. The lingering pub-goers were filing out, and inside, a table was discussing recent events excitedly.

"It was only last week that the one bloke was found in the woods", said one younger man.

"And only two days ago that the poor girl was murdered" said another.

"I heard the police hired outside help, heard the killings were, uh, unnatural, so to say", returned the first man. A third man opened his mouth, then closed it as he looked over to the door as it opened. The well-known police chief, followed by two unfamiliar men, entered.

5406744872_9b07063728_z.jpg

"Speak of the devil, those must be the detectives", said the second man. "It's only been a few days since the first killing, though, I wonder why they were called in so quickly".

"Must be serious", noted the first. The third man grunted in response; he already had his fair share to drink, and couldn't respond much otherwise.

"Alright, folks, out you go. Official business. Get home quickly and lock your doors.", said the Chief to the three men. They finished their drinks, and walked (or stumbled) outside.

The Chief and the two detectives sat down as the bartender was finishing cleaning up. They began discussing the recent murders, and what should be done to protect the town members.

However, not long into their conversation, a piercing scream was heard. The men stood up quickly and rushed to the door. They exited, and followed the sounds of more cries.

The shouts of police officers were heard, yelling at the villagers to stay inside. They didn't seem to help much, as a crowd of people was surrounded over a spot in the middle of the street. The detectives and chief pushed their way to the center, to find a young man drowning a pool of his own blood. Or, what was left of him. His body was torn to pieces, with an arm off to the side and various organs spilling out onto the cobblestone.

Then, another man cried out from down the street of the crowd. Just as they turned their heads, they could see his figure collapse, and a shadow sprint into an alley. The crowd broke into a frenzy.

"Run!!!" bellowed the Chief.

Everyone screamed and ran in separate directions. Several villagers who were unaware of what was going on opened their doors to the noise, and saw a mob fleeing down the street. Not wanting to be left alone in their homes, they also fled, following the others.

Soon, the villagers were chased into the woods. Still running down the trail, they didn't think that they might've been safer in the town, because they were entirely focused on outrunning this threat. Soon, they reached a large manor on the town limits, and immediately began pounding on the doors. Safety, they hoped. They swung open, and everyone rushed inside, closing the door behind them. They caught their breath, and turned around. Inside of a large, torch-lit parlor, a man and two women stood behind the crowd, on top of a balcony overlooking the parlor.

5406142457_19f27f8ef6_z.jpg

"Hello, and welcome to my home", said the man calmly. The villagers had heard of this man, but most had never actually seen him. He was the strange owner of the manor, who was apparently cooped up inside most of the time. The two women were his personal, paid servants.

5406751684_639617d78f_z.jpg

"Hello, Isaac", replied the Chief. he had met the baron on numerous occasions, mostly on police business. "We were chased here by the murderer. I assume you've heard of the recent killings?".

"Indeed I have, but watching you run all the way from town from my upper floor, I didn't see anyone chasing you.

"Are you sure?", one of the detectives from London spoke up. "Because he or she was definitely behind us".

"Yes, I'm quite sure", replied the Baron. "That could mean only one of two things. Either you were imagining it, which I doubt, or that the killer is among us".

The crowd gasped and whispered feverishly.

"But", said the Baron, silencing the frightened villagers. "This presents a good opportunity to catch him, finally. We can stop him here and now".

"You're suggesting we stay here, when the killer is among us?!" yelled out an elderly man. "We'll be killed!".

"Yes, there is that risk. But would you rather wait to be killed off, one by one, until you're all dead? We need to take action" replied the Count.

The crowd mumbled.

"I will not allow this!" yelled the Chief.

"He's right" said one of the detectives. "We may never get this opportunity again".

"I'd rather try to do something to stop this menace than die without a fight" said a citizen. Some of the crowd mumbled in agreement. No one was leaving.

The Chief frowned. "I can't force all of you to leave, but this is very dangerous. Proceed at your own risk".

"Then it's settled. You're all welcome to stay here the night." said the Baron. "In fact I insist. We need to catch this monster".

No one protested. They knew if they spoke up, they'd be targeted as the killer wanting to avoid this imprisonment.

"Before we retire, suppose we take a muster, to get a total of everyone here, as well as get to know names?", suggested the other detective.

(Please confirm your part in the game).

And so it was, the citizens would sleep here in fear, and in the morning they would decide who among them to persecute as the killer.

---

Rules:

This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 3 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. To convict, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If someone has been convicted, their loyalty will be revealed shortly after. After this the night phase will begin, which will last 2-3 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must send in their choices to the game moderator (me) within 24 hours, or they will not be counted.

- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).

- A conviction is reached at the end of the day, in which the player with the most votes is lynched. If there is tie, the player who got the most votes first is lynched.

- There is a 24 hour limit at the beginning of each day. You are not allowed to vote during this time. The game moderator may or may not announce when the limit is lifted, so pay attention to when the Day thread was posted.

- You may not edit your posts. Violation may result in penalty votes and/or a mod kill. - Do not ever directly quote or claim to quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.

- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.

- Likewise, please avoid posting out of character (OOC) in the game thread.

- No metagaming (specifically, basing judgment on how someone played in another game. References to past games and roles, not relating to any specific player, are okay).

- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.

- There may be certain punishments for not reaching a conviction during the day. Said punishments are final, and are to be obeyed.

- Night actions sent after 24 hours into the Night Phase will not be counted. Please send them in quickly, even if you don't plan on using your action. The sooner I get night actions, the sooner the next day can begin.

- Lastly, this is very important: Do NOT reveal any game information or even communicate with other players concerning the game at all if you are dead. Yes, this includes speaking to other dead players about the game. If you're dead, then you're dead, so act like it. Absolutely nothing is allowed to be revealed until the game's conclusion is posted.

Players:

5401943209_08b8cb3789_m.jpg Ignatius Conan (Inconspicuous) - Wealthy businessman and owner of Blackwood's general store.

5401943253_2d9789ab2f_m.jpg Daniel O'Donnell (Def) - Owner and manager of the local Irish restaurant.

5401943329_55d824e4f1_m.jpg Benjamin Cobb (Bob The Construction Man) - Everyday citizen of Blackwood.

5401943441_0cdd2dc15a_m.jpg Harriet Clive (Hinckley) - Worker at the general store.

5402543556_cb60129620_m.jpg Sebastien Vaughn (Shadows) - Young, rich man of Blackwood.

5402543634_1919366b1d_m.jpg Angela Fairfax (Alopex) - Duchess of southeast England, married to William.

5401943649_cf84a90ea5_m.jpg Archibald Rynne (Admiral Ron) - Waiter at the local Irish restaurant.

5401943745_f23618bd24_m.jpg William Fairfax (WhiteFang) - Duke of southeast England, married to Angela.

5401943807_d4baf820b1_m.jpg Beatrice Synclair (Badboytje88) - Wife of Samuel and mother of Quinn.

5402543872_6e3d4d3b4c_m.jpg Zed Phillips (Zepher) - Novelist.

5402543936_e71bdcbfa6_m.jpgWalter Knox (Walter Kovacs) - Librarian.

5401943995_01cd4526e7_m.jpg Samuel Synclair (Sandy) - Husband of Beatrice, father of Quinn, and elder brother of Charles.

5401944075_aab4848a08_m.jpgAdam Sokern (Sok117) - Bobby in the Blackwood police force.

5401944167_f75de15ac0_m.jpgCharles Synclair (CallMePie) - Professor at Oxford, younger brother of Samuel.

5402544244_efb1304740_m.jpg Arianna Jacques (Lord Arjay) - Everyday citizen of Blackwood.

5401944355_723af0b4c9_m.jpg Dacius Nathans (Dragonator) - Bobby of the Blackwood police force.

5401944399_2246277923_m.jpg Terence Lyons (TinyPiesRUs) - Local pub owner.

5401944477_0ea198d957_m.jpg Quinn Synclair (Quarryman) - Son of Beatrice and Samuel, student at local school.

5401944551_ef836446af_m.jpgPenelope Fletcher (Professor Flitwick) - Servant of the baron.

5402544516_98fc6d1982_m.jpg Fiona Gates (Fugazi) - Servant of the baron.

5401944657_98259e1be1_m.jpg Reginald Greyson (Rick) - Retired admiral of the Royal Navy.

5401944713_ff0e053e4b_m.jpg Ruben Roland (Rufus) - Teacher at the local school.

5401944767_83e6ac074a_m.jpg Ebenezer Hewitt (Eskallon) - Chief of the village police force.

5401944833_3bc6b14fc9_m.jpg Isaac Edgar (iamded) - Baron of the large manor on the village borders.

5401944993_3225aa9b54_m.jpg Phillip Peers (Peanuts) - Detective outsourced from London.

5401945109_1141d9af46_m.jpg Raleigh Clifton (Ricecracker) - Detective outsourced from London.

I'm so excited I peed myself! :cry_happy:

And you're a girl. :laugh:

So... whatcha doing later tonight? :grin:

When is the Werewolf one starting?? :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Someone's itching to redeem themselves, aren't they? :grin:

I'm offended by your haircut.

Vote: iamded

I'm offended by your haircut.

Vote: iamded

This vote seems very scummy, if you ask me.

Vote: def :tongue:

Unvote: iamded

Vote: Peanuts

That hair does look pretty scummy. I have to wait for Dragonator and Rufus to tell me who to vote for though. :hmpf:

Please, my hair is slick and stylish. You're just jealous. :tongue:

Where's Jim Butcher? We're all so eager to play, we're confirming in this thread.

I do have a nice rack, though. I could stand to lose a couple pounds though... :sceptic:

And come on, look at all that facial hair. Surely he must be a werewolf.

And come on, look at all that facial hair. Surely he must be a werewolf.

You're always Quinn, right?

Well, I just realized that JimB first played villagers off against werewolfs and now avoids us killing ourselves. *oh2* Clear sign of scummyness. :angry:

Unvote: def

Vote: JimButcher

Clear sign of scummyness. :angry:

You said "scummyness!" Werewolf! Werewolf! :sing:

You must be a werewolf, your hair looks funny. werewolf-1911.gif

Eskallon

You said "scummyness!" Werewolf! Werewolf! :sing:

Why would that make him a werewolf? :wacko:

But if he said...

Clear sign of scummy-yummyness :angry:

That would make him a werewolf... :tongue:

Why would that make him a werewolf? :wacko:

But if he said...

That would make him a werewolf... :tongue:

Scumminess, yumminess, I get the two confused. :blush:

I have recieved my PM and I am ready to - oh.

Vote: JimButcher

Trying to get us to turn on the host? Suspicious... :hmpf_bad:

Vote: Peanuts

How much time left to this day? Cause I still haven't made up my mind yet. Should I vote Hinckley or proxy my vote to Dragonator?

How much time left to this day? Cause I still haven't made up my mind yet. Should I vote Hinckley or proxy my vote to Dragonator?

You have an eyepatch. You're evil. :look:

You're evil. :look:

Surely I can't be, I've got beautiful red hair and I smell good. You're just jealous! :tongue:

Probably not...

It's just that the torso is from... Fright_Knights_Witch.jpg

Sorry for the misunderstanding... :sadnew: