Sign in to follow this  
MCNwakeboard

Black Dragons Castle MOC

indexed.gif

Being that the dragons do not have a decent castle to date...I decided to copy the King's Castle design and substitute the grey for black and the red with brown/dark green. While I realize that very little creativity is needed to swap colors, I wanted to post to picture in case anyone is interested in what it looks like. Most of the blacks are from my collection with the exception of the wall panels that I procured from bricklink. I'll be changing the gatehouse to incorporate a wind-up drawbridge in the near future to something similar to my Lion Castle. Comments are welcome Flickr

5401265863_92946bae83.jpg

5401265775_7ebfb39d49.jpg

5309956021_cbcfac5652.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow, Great job! The Dragons needed a castle and boy did you provide! the first thing I noticed before reading your description was it's similarity to the lion's castle, but I still think that it's great! So far, I think this is the largest dragons moc on eurobricks!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It looks very good, with a similar structure but also some differences so it's not exactly a carbon-copy. To be honest, I like the color-scheme a lot more than the original. I also noticed the dark-green lady. :grin:

One thing: all of the slopes on the battlements are dark green; maybe you could replace some with pearl gold ones for variation.

Very interesting MOC! I sure hope the Dragon Knights get their own large castle before the Kingdoms line is finished. I'm pretty counting on seeing one for them in 2012 but it doesn't look like they will be getting one this year.

That's really an interesting MOC, who would've thought that the simple swapping of colored parts can result in a different-looking structure even if they are built in exactly the same way. It's nice to see the Black Dragons finally having their own castle fortress, even if they hired the same architect as the Lions Kingdom. default_laugh2.gif Great job MCNWakeboard! default_thumbup.gif

That's some really good stuff, looks like a legit LEGO set.

Wow¡

So that is how it seems.

Lately I had the same idea, just dont have the enough amount of bricks.

Nonetheless good work.

Lookin' good! This really fits in with the Dragon Knight's theme and style. Good job, MCNwakeboard. :sweet:

Nice Castle. How did you build the towers roof? I would really like to see a little bit more of the Queen. Which parts did you usw for her dress? Sadly the torch makes it impossible to see more.

Edit: Sorry for bad English. I am German.^^

Edit2: Sorry for Thread necromancing. But i did not see that topic before.

Edited by josykay

How did you build the towers roof?

I would really like to see a little bit more of the Queen. Which parts did you use for her dress?

McGonagalls dress from Hogwarts

5754230533_9b256b15e6.jpg

5754231397_87d0aa7111.jpg

5754231223_b4f12eaa5d.jpg

The castle has changed to something a bit more triangular now

5603933538_7cde500a5f.jpg

I posted some extra pictures on flickr

Flickr

Edited by MCNwakeboard

The clone castle is pretty cool, but I really like what you've done to the King's Castle. I recently bought a second set to add depth and width, but after seeing the extra height, I may have to reconsider my plan. Or maybe get 2 more sets and do both. :sweet:

The only problem with the depth is that it makes it harder to access the interior. So yes, either buy more or don't plan on playing with it to much. I think it is a great castle though because it is easy to expand.