#1 woody64

woody64

Member: 1078

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

More are visible at:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/249842

Woody64

Edited by woody64, 29 January 2011 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.
Visit the Minifig Generator

#2 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

I really like the custom hats and torso prints.

Great work, are you planning them for a larger battle scene? Our just for fun?

#3 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Pirate Pig

Member: 8823

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Nice figs once again Woody :thumbup:  Those molds look nice. I wonder how many custom minifigs you have in total, probably so many at you could easily make a very nice battle scene whit them. Nice work whit these minifigs.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker, 29 January 2011 - 11:02 PM.

My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#4 Aalak

Aalak

Member: 5949

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Lovely decals, as always. I really like the Jäger on the far right, with the custom rifle. The shakos look great, too, but maybe, if you try to reshape them for the next batch, make them a little bit smaller in diameter! just a tinny bit, not much, they look great as they are in form, quite good but a tinny little bit to large in my opinion.  Have you thought about creating the "Schirmmütze" from the Landwehr Units? I guess it would make a special item for your store.
Keep the fantasitc work up :)
I'm curious too about the total amount of your custom figs - they look all great in your mocs.

Edited by Aalak, 30 January 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#5 woody64

woody64

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

View PostAalak, on 30 January 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Lovely decals, as always. I really like the Jäger on the far right, with the custom rifle. The shakos look great, too, but maybe, if you try to reshape them for the next batch, make them a little bit smaller in diameter! just a tinny bit, not much, they look great as they are in form, quite good but a tinny little bit to large in my opinion. Have you thought about creating the "Schirmmütze" from the Landwehr Units? I guess it would make a special item for your store.
Keep the fantasitc work up :)
I'm curious too about the total amount of your custom figs - they look all great in your mocs.
There are 2 versions of the shako in my shop. One is a little bit smaller. The size in diameter is strongly connected to the material used. Therefore I can't go beyond this margins since the 2 materials I use need 0.7mm and 1mm wall size which defines the diameter arround the hat.

I have only a number of 70-100 minifigs with custom designed decals which I use with various of my custom items.
Currently I have a showboard where 50 Minifigs all equipped with custom helmets or weapons are shown.
Posted Image

Here's an item which can be used for the prussian Landwehr. But in principle for this item also the Lego standard hat can be used. Or do you see a big difference between Schirmmütze and the Lego standard item (for officers, train personal)?
http://www.shapeways...ender.large.jpg

Woody64

Edited by woody64, 30 January 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image
Visit the Shop for 3d printed Customs , find news on Facebook or visit the Flickr account.

#6 lt.Gonville brickhead

lt.Gonville brickhead

Member: 10353

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:07 PM

The torso's and the muskets are great. :pir-sweet:
I am curios as well is this the start of a battle scene or was it just for fun???
Posted Image

For the glory of the british empire
what empire
there is none                                  
sombody should tell them

Theres nothing wrong with me theres just something
not right that makes me better

#7 woody64

woody64

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

It's just for fun. But it was inspired by some plates I got covering hole regiments. So I started to make some decals covering the main roles in a regiment.

Woody64

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 woody64

woody64

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostAalak, on 30 January 2011 - 12:28 AM, said:

Have you thought about creating the "Schirmmütze" from the Landwehr Units? I guess it would make a special item for your store.

... interesting tip:
http://www.shapeways...tml?gid=ug11290

Posted Image

Edited by woody64, 30 January 2011 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Aalak

Aalak

Member: 5949

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

View Postwoody64, on 30 January 2011 - 07:56 PM, said:

Looking really great so far, but I would try to make two adjustments, if possible. The Cross looks like the "red cross" - It's more like the Iron Cross...
I found a picture:
Posted Image

Maybe you could broaden the upper crest a bit and add a chin strap under the cross, if possible. I'm no 3d molding expert so that's your job so I just suggest these thinks - what is actually possible it's up to you. But great work in such a short time.

Edited by Aalak, 30 January 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#10 woody64

woody64

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

View PostAalak, on 30 January 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Looking really great so far, but I would try to make two adjustments, if possible. The Cross looks like the "red cross" - It's more like the Iron Cross...
I found a picture:

Maybe you could broaden the upper crest a bit and add a chin strap under the cross, if possible. I'm no 3d molding expert so that's your job so I just suggest these thinks - what is actually possible it's up to you. But great work in such a short time.

Posted Image

Edited by woody64, 30 January 2011 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Imperial Shipyards

Imperial Shipyards
  • Master frigate builder!

Member: 7496

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

The bayonets look very interesting, still I would prefer those from brickarms since the scale seems much more appropriate. Fortunately I got a few thanks to a Classic-Pirates.com contest and our very much missed Zorro.

The decals look quite interesting for Napoleonic war MOCs though, maybe there will be a contest at some point. They would have been great for Bayonets at Dawn.

Posted ImagePosted Image_Posted Image_Posted ImagePosted Image

INDEX: Historic Ships, Replicas, Figureheads and Models

"The better is the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

flickr

#12 Dreamweb

Dreamweb
  • Thanks for your contributions!

Member: 396

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

It's always good to see come nice customs! Expect them to be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com soon!

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links