Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Midi AT-TE

Despite being an OT fan, I think I like this one better than your AT-AT. It's not totally accurate, but it looks a lot like a miniaturized version of 7675.

Great job and once again, welcome to EB. :classic:

Great work, the cockpit might need a little work. Other than that, nice job. I like your design for the guns, and their is little to no gappiness in the armor. :thumbup:

Very well done midi-scale AT-TE, you pretty much captured the overall shape and look right. :thumbup: Though I see a fragile connection point of the middle legs (clips on a T-pin), is the build stable or not?

Very well done midi-scale AT-TE, you pretty much captured the overall shape and look right. :thumbup: Though I see a fragile connection point of the middle legs (clips on a T-pin), is the build stable or not?

Clips connected to a pneumatic T-piece are quite sturdy, I can say that, and these are tile clips which make that connection even stronger than plate clips do.

Thanks! It "was" very sturdy. 90 percent of the weight was on the front and back legs with the hinge joints.

The AT-TE was one of the better designs of the Prequels, and this model certainly appears to do it justice!

The only really major flaws I see are in the hull. The cockpit and gunner's station are much too tall; it's apparent from this picture that the cockpit shouldn't be taller than the hull, and that the gunner's station is a lot closer to the rest of the vehicle.

As others have mentioned you've done a pretty good job of getting rid of gaps on this model - to the point that the area around the driver motor looks more closed in than it should.

The antipersonnel laser cannons actually sit on a kind of shelf on the hull, as seen here - on your model they seem tacked on.

Despite being an OT fan, I think I like this one better than your AT-AT. It's not totally accurate, but it looks a lot like a miniaturized version of 7675.

I agree. I actually like the AT-TE as I have the CW version. This looks fantastic.

I would like TLG to make this.

Edited by Solscud007

Great AT-TE M<O><O>DSWIM :thumbup:

And yup, we can only hope TLG will release a midi set like this one day.

blogged

It looks great and a bit cute, although this cannon seems to big on pictures.

Khm, khm! :wink:

Another great Midi-scale MOC! It looks like you've made it pose able. Is that true? I think it looks kind of cute.