Sign in to follow this  
Tom Bricks

WINTER BREAK ENTRY: Quidditch Match

Snape and Lucious Mlfoy look on with anger as Harry grabs the snitch out from right under Draco's nose.

My goal is to eventually build an entire pitch in this style but but that would get expensive pretty quickly.I also would have liked to have the new Quidditch torsos and the new Draco head but I still haven't bought the new set because its sold out everywhere I look. :blush: This entry is under the 1000 piece limit.

post-5938-129599952552.jpg

5387778017_61331ec1a1_z.jpg

5388386338_9eb0c37af2_z.jpg

my reference photo

Thanks, comments and criticism welcome.

Edited by Tom Bricks

Very well done entry Tom Bricks! A highly-accurate build that is very true to the movies. I love the green Slytherin color scheme of the viewing tower (:devil:), and the effective in-flight action posing of Harry and Draco. Great job and good luck! :thumbup:

Also anyone who knows how to link images from the new Flickr some help would be appreciated.

Right-click on the photo > choose Medium 640 > right-click again on the photo > copy Image Location > edit your post > click the Insert Image icon picture.png > then paste the copied URL in the space > your photo is deeplinked! :wink:

Nice entry Tom Bricks.

Pretty accurate and like KielDaMan said, it's very true to the movies.

I still think the quidditch pitch is part of Hogwarts so I am a bit sceptical. Well, I think somebody asked about that in the Original Contest thread and Hinckley said It was allowed ( I think that's it but I'm not sure ) So I shoudn't be complaining.

These flying Minifigures do look great with that transparent brick technique. I like your snape modification too, you're doing the same as me, old head, new hair :classic:

This is a cool creation though I think it could have been bigger. I do think you still got loads of pieces left untill you reach the 1000limit, so what about makinga Gryffindor tribune next to it, in the same style. ( Hufflepuff and Tavenclaw would be okay too, but Lego never produced any Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw Prints :sceptic: )

Best of luck in the contest !

Thanks everyone for the comments and support. I did think about making it bigger but none of the colors I has the pieces for really seemed to match up that well.

Right-click on the photo > choose Medium 640 > right-click again on the photo > copy Image Location > edit your post > click the Insert Image icon picture.png > then paste the copied URL in the space > your photo is deeplinked! :wink:

Thanks this would have taken me forever to find out.

Nice one Tom, so colourful and once again really good photographic technique to show it off to it's fullest. You should be proud.

That's a very nice tower design and certainly good inspiration to work my own Quidditch pitch out some day. :wink: It's very accurate to the film scenes. I especially like the second photo, it's a great action shot. Good luck! :laugh: