Jump to content


AT-RT


10 replies to this topic

#1 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:14 AM

Posted Image
Hi Everyone! I haven't posted A MOC in a while, but upon replacing my camera I'll be uploading some more. The UT-AT was finished, yet was demolished by my cat today :cry_sad: Anyways its 1.5 feet lon, and i think 40 studs wide. I have to order pieces for the skis though. over the course of this week i'll try and have 8 more MOCs up. :classic:

Right now I'm sharing my AT-RT. I've been working on it here and there for a while, so enjoy! The top section is built on handle-bars, hands clip on for slope, and it also houses the control yoke. This is my favorite feature. The same handlebars tactic as used on my BARC.
Posted Image

C&C welcome. Please criticize!!
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#2 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10405
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

Very nice from what I can tell. I like the feet, although they are a bit big. I like the "cockpit" though, with the cool handle bars :thumbup:

#3 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

    Posts: 9541
    Joined: 04-February 09
    Member: 5203
    Country: PILIPINAS

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:48 AM

The AT-RT has been one of the most 'MOCed' SW vehicle and one of the 'great mysteries' on how to build it the right way, so it's nice to see your interesting take on this vehicle brickartist. I see you got the basic elements in there and I understand the 'greebled look' approach, but I agree with prateek that the slope feet seems a bit thick. I think the side flaps are a bit to small too. But don't worry this is already a very good starting point that you could always improve on, since every AT-RT MOCer knows it will take numerous revisions before one will be satisfied with his own design. :wink:

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages


#4 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:13 AM

View PostKielDaMan, on 24 January 2011 - 02:48 AM, said:

The AT-RT has been one of the most 'MOCed' SW vehicle and one of the 'great mysteries' on how to build it the right way, so it's nice to see your interesting take on this vehicle brickartist. I see you got the basic elements in there and I understand the 'greebled look' approach, but I agree with prateek that the slope feet seems a bit thick. I think the side flaps are a bit to small too. But don't worry this is already a very good starting point that you could always improve on, since every AT-RT MOCer knows it will take numerous revisions before one will be satisfied with his own design. :wink:
Thanks KDM! I'll be using 1x2 cheese slope grilles for the sides of the feet on my next version. The sloping ones were all I had at hand. I do inted to perfect it with various versions. I'm thinking 4 should do the trick...
I'm thinking I'll try to stray from the busy looking greeble look as well.

View Postprateek, on 24 January 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

Very nice from what I can tell. I like the feet, although they are a bit big. I like the "cockpit" though, with the cool handle bars :thumbup:
Thanks prateek!  :sweet:

Edited by brickartist, 24 January 2011 - 03:12 AM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#5 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21399
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:28 AM

Pretty good. The top could use more work; personally I'd scrap the use of cheese in general and just angle some tiles or plates. I too think the feet are too fat, if not just by a couple plates, and that 2 x 2 round plate looks out of place on the bottom joint compared to the disks of the upper joints which are really small in the front and non-existent in the back.

Work on it; it has potential!

And I also think that you have to illegally take apart the minifig to achieve an accurate position.

#6 Flare

Flare

  • A phonemonanl speller


    Posts: 5304
    Joined: 01-July 10
    Member: 11759
    Country: Israel

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

Very nice work.

Posted Image
Playing as Benji Carvenhall, Level 45.8 Beast Warrior in Heroica RPG


#7 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

  • Doing the Chicken Dance


    Posts: 19336
    Joined: 28-October 09
    Member: 7997
    Country: Australia

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Excellent start on your AT-RT 'brickartist' - keep going ! :thumbup:
May the brick be with you.....always ! :yoda:

#8 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8146
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

This doesn't look bad over all.  Oh and the feet and legs look a bit bulky if you ask me.  But not bad. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#9 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 24 January 2011 - 04:28 AM, said:

Pretty good. The top could use more work; personally I'd scrap the use of cheese in general and just angle some tiles or plates. I too think the feet are too fat, if not just by a couple plates, and that 2 x 2 round plate looks out of place on the bottom joint compared to the disks of the upper joints which are really small in the front and non-existent in the back.

Work on it; it has potential!

And I also think that you have to illegally take apart the minifig to achieve an accurate position.
Yeah, I'm reconsidering the structure of the legs, they're are a little inaccurate. I'm thinking about method of attachment/design for the amour panels.

View PostMasked Builder, on 24 January 2011 - 02:16 PM, said:

This doesn't look bad over all.  Oh and the feet and legs look a bit bulky if you ask me.  But not bad. :thumbup:
Yeah they're a bit wide/long.

View Postlightningtiger, on 24 January 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Excellent start on your AT-RT 'brickartist' - keep going ! :thumbup:
May the brick be with you.....always ! :yoda:
Thanks Lighningtiger!  :sweet:

View PostFlare, on 24 January 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

Very nice work.
Thanks, Flare!

Edited by brickartist, 24 January 2011 - 11:00 PM.

Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum

#10 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

  • im from no-caps country


    Posts: 856
    Joined: 01-June 10
    Member: 11065
    Country: USA

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

Very nice work on this.  The whole thing looks a little bulky, which is standard for such a small MOC, but the shape looks very nice.  Also the guns look a bit to low.  P.S. a Kashyyyk trooper would look very nice on this :wink:  
Great job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#11 BrickArtist

BrickArtist

    Posts: 975
    Joined: 20-October 10
    Member: 13835

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

View Postdarth yogi, on 25 January 2011 - 12:34 AM, said:

Very nice work on this.  The whole thing looks a little bulky, which is standard for such a small MOC, but the shape looks very nice.  Also the guns look a bit to low.  P.S. a Kashyyyk trooper would look very nice on this :wink:  
Great job :thumbup:
The previous owner of my Kashyyk didn't really know his value, and the arms have big cracks in them  :cry_sad:  v.2 will have the kashyyk, If i manage to BL some arms for him....
I agree on the guns, they're low.
Thanks Darth!
Former Star Wars fan? Looking for Knights? Go here to trade with me!
"So take a shower a shower and shine your shoes, you got no time to lose, your a young man you must be living. " Best song ever, The General By dispatch--Check it out now!
Most recent MOC: BARC Speeder: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=77126
Be sure to check out my most recent MOCs,Naboo Starfighter, UCS Swamp Speeder, and the UCS BARC speeder.

I have obsessive compulsive BARC disorder...

KOTBR: http://the-lsw-empir...otion.com/forum



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users