Stop Motion Building Garmadon's Dark Fortress

6 replies to this topic

#1 ziljin

ziljin

Member: 6924

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

My first and possibly last NinjaGo set. I bought it for its castle potential so I figured I would build it via stop motion before the pieces are separated forever.

#2 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Excellent. The presentation is pretty smooth and it offer me quite an interesting insight to the building process. Thanks for sharing.  :sweet:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#3 pompommini

pompommini

Member: 14419

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see some pics of the set but I am dissaponted about the lack of interoir though :hmpf_bad:

Pompommini out :classic:
Pompommini brickfilms at http://www.youtube.c...ni?feature=mhum

#4 ziljin

ziljin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostWhiteFang, on 23 January 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

Excellent. The presentation is pretty smooth and it offer me quite an interesting insight to the building process. Thanks for sharing.  :sweet:

Thanks. I like how the technique they use to have the chain as a railing. And those giant wheels as towers.

View Postpompommini, on 23 January 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing! It's nice to see some pics of the set but I am dissaponted about the lack of interoir though :hmpf_bad:

Pompommini out :classic:

Yea the only interior is the table (whos eating?) and the prison for Nya. If you watched the NinjaGo movie this is just the front entrance of the Fortress. I don't remember the exact details but I did remember seeing something similar to this Fortress in the movie.

#5 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Smooth work! :thumbup:   Looks like a fairly good set.  I would like to have seen you build the minifigures but maybe that's something you can add to your next one. :wink:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#6 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

Great job. This set is great from the front, but the back is lacklustre, and the price isn't all too great.

#7 ziljin

ziljin

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 23 January 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Smooth work! :thumbup:   Looks like a fairly good set.  I would like to have seen you build the minifigures but maybe that's something you can add to your next one. :wink:

I normally do. But I decided to follow youtube's advice in looking at which parts my viewers like watching the most. and the parts where I build the minifigs is the lowest point of interest in the videos so I figured maybe I should just scrap that part if people are not really into it.

After I built it, I realize this was not money well spent. But what's done is done. I can still use a lot of the pieces for future moc's.

EDIT: To make up for the lack of building minifigs here is a short film of the set.

Edited by lego40k, 27 January 2011 - 05:49 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users