Now, on to
The cold front continues unabated. The patients stare around them, realizing there number has shrunk yet again.
As he had every morning this week, Dr. Blutziegel entered the ward, to see the worried faces of his staff.
So, Bolero is dead. With him, half of us has died. And what have you done to prevent this?!
Nurse Penny replied first, "What can we do? I'm not a cop! I wasn't trained for this kind of work!"
Pendleton spoke up next, "Hey man, you can't pin this on us, you're running this show. We're doing the best we can, but this place is a powderkeg."
The distressed doctor stared back at them.
Facing the patients, he made a final plea.
I'm beginning to realize that letting mental patients run an investigation in the hospital could in some way be seen as irresponsible. I'll have you all know that I've taken the time to sign waivers in all your names, relieving me of any liability for you. Hopefully, such papers will not be necessary, and today will be the day that you will begin to have some success. I will leave you to your investigation.
Without even waiting to see a response, Dr. Blutziegel left the room and returned to the makeshift abattoir that was once his office.
The winter cold feels stronger now than it has yet so far in this cold year. The panic in the staff and patients begins to freeze.
Day Seven has begun. All remaining players have 48 hours in which to vote on a lynch.
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.
3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.
4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.
5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.
6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.
7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'
8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.
9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."
10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.
11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.
12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.
13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.
Dr Blutziegel (def, NPC)
Dr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)
Nurse Pendleton (Zepher)
Nurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)
Nurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)
Perry Noid (ADHO15)
Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)
Ryan Catchers (Rick)
'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)
Dougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)
'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)
Professor Diem (Walter Kovacs)
Stanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)
Dudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)
Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Big Cam) (Insane)
Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows) (Insane, independent)
Sparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs) (Insane, independent)
Martin Century (Stash2Sixx) (Insane)
The King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk) (Insane)
Chief Washing Bear (JimButcher) (Insane)
Cat Manuel (The Penguin) (Insane)
Havel Pavlov (Sok117) (Insane)
Dr Rajim (Admiral Ron) (Insane)
'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman) (Insane)
Ted Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang) (Insane)
Petey Pirowski (Peanuts) (Insane)
Cookie Custer (Roncanator) (Insane)
Sandy Craws (Sandy) (Insane, independent)
Misty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88) (Insane, independent)
Señor Canny Bolero (Iamded) (Insane)
2. Professor Flitwick
7. Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Captain John Paul