Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Our Zorro (Dieter) passing away

On this sad day I went to the funeral of our friend Dieter, known here as our Lord Admiral Zorro. It's hard to sum up all the good things Dieter did for this community. He was one of the pillars behind Classic-Pirates.com and Eurobricks.com, someone who was always friendly and willing to help others. Dieter was not just a talker, but also working very hard behind the scenes with some examples being his fund raising allowing us to do a number of awesome Pirate contests. He was also the one buying most of the prizes and taking care of shipments for every pirate contest we did these last few years.

Dieter was only 27 years old and his unexpected death was a huge shock for me personally and the ones close with him. I was lucky to have known Dieter in real life as we lived close to each other. Together we drove in 2009 to the Eurobricks event in Germany having a lot of fun both at the event and during the long car trip. Also we met on several occasions in Dieter's home or my place whenever some 'important' forum matters needed discussion or just for some building and a few drinks.

Feel free to write a few words in this thread. We'll make sure a link is provided to Dieter's brother Jurgen and to his mother.

We'll miss our Lord Admiral!

Thanks for everything.

gallery_822_11_13951.jpg

Sign in to follow this