Now, on to
Slowly but surely, a light blanket of snow manages to stick to the ground. The heat in the hospital is drawn out through the windows and goosebumps appear on your arm. Dr. Blutziegel finishes typing up his morning report.
Staff, up to now, it has been only the patients being savage amongst themselves, but last night, we lost one of our own, the good Dr. Rajim. Let us take a moment of silence in memory of him.
Nurse Pepper spoke up. "Surely it's time to start involving the authorities, isn't it doctor? How far will this go?"
As far as it takes. This is not just a hospital, it is my home, and I personally want to hold these killers in my hands. I want to keep their brains preserved and alive, if only so that I can stimulate their pain-sensation nerve endings. There are fantastic ways to make a mind suffer using modern medicine...
The doctor trailed off and looked around the room, returning back to Pepper's face.
Did I ever tell you about when I was studying in Cologne when I was a young man? There was a girl there, Elise... But I was summoned back here. I had a job to do.
The doctor marched to the floor of the ward.
Patients, for the third night in a row, we have lost three of our own. Is this acceptable to you?
The titters from earlier in the week had faded from the room. It seemed the severity of the situation was beginning to register even with people as far gone as those in the hospital.
No. It is not acceptable.
Furthermore, I'm under the impression that some of you seem to think you were speaking to someone named Henry in the garden. Well, I have news for you. There is no Henry. He is an elaborate hoax, perpetrated by someone with an incredibly poor sense of humor. Anything this 'Henry' fellow has to say should be considered highly dubious.
I gave you all passage to that garden as a reward for your activity in tracking these killers, and in return, these killers chose to kill Dr. Rajim there.
So, as of today, the garden will remain off limits. I expect not to catch sight of any of you there.
The doctor looked long and hard at the remaining patients assembled before him, trying to calculate the combined sickness of them all.
With a sense of hopelessness, the doctor left the room.
As he left, he had this to say:
You have had four days to find someone, anyone, and so far you have failed. If this is how you continue, what will become of us all?
The doctor focused himself and remembered the small pleasures in life that were getting further and further from him at every moment.
A sense of deja vu strikes the patients and staff as they realize how little progress they've made.
Day Five has begun. All remaining players have 48 hours in which to vote on a lynch.
1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the Insane and the Sinister Insane. The Sinister Insane win when they outnumber the Insane and can kill Dr Blutziegel. The Insane win when they’ve killed or lynched all of the Sinister Insane.
2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them by lynching the member with the most votes. One vote can cause a lynch. To vote or to take back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post: vote: character or unvote: character, using bold letters. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated. If you can't or don't want to vote, you may proxy your vote to another player by using the following sentence: proxy: character. Proxy lasts a single game day, and you can unproxy using the sentence unproxy: character. You may not vote for yourself to be lynched. Your own proxy vote against you will not be counted.
3. Days last 48 hours. Voting begins when the day begins. No waiting is necessary. It ends after 48 hours. Voting can change up until that final moment. Days will start and finish around midnight, Japan-time. Calibrate your clock accordingly.
4. Every player will receive a PM letting them know their positions, and possibly their abilities. These are subject to change, and are part of the game mechanics, and should be treated as such. You are expected to role play until the end of the game.
5. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. ie. role-blocker supercedes killer, so if a role-blocker targets a killer as the killer targets the role-blocker, the role-blocker will live. This list is predetermined and will be revealed after the game has finished. When the day ends, you will have a posted amount of hours in which to submit night moves. The night should last either 24 or 48 hours, depending on my schedule.
6. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are dead. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody to comment on how you like the game, but please do not post anything that might influence game players actions.
7. Do not edit your posts. If you make a mistake and want to correct it, just repost it with an 'Excuse my nonsense above, I meant to say...'
8. Do not directly quote anything I’ve sent to you via PM. Please use your own words, and never post unpostable information, as listed in the PM. Claiming roles in thread is forbidden. Describing roles is okay. (ie. "I'm the cop!" is verboten. "I went through his stuff last night." is perfectly fine.) Do not directly quote other people's PMs. In this game, there is only 'talking,' so there is nothing to quote.
9. PM players as much as you like, just don't call them Potato Messages. No potatoes allowed to inmates. Please be inventive, using your own phrases, like, "Let's speak in the corner."
10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.
11. In game, you can't kill/convert/etc. Dr. Blutziegel, so don't waste a night action on it.
12. Breaking a rule or directive will, at least, get you a smack on the head from Dr. B (aka, a penalty vote). At worst, it will involve you being booted from the game.
13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.
Dr Blutziegel (def, NPC)
Dr Ballbricker (Ricecracker)
Nurse Pendleton (Zepher)
Nurse Pepper (Bob the Construction Man)
Nurse Penny (Yumiyoshi)
Perry Noid (ADHO15)
Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator)
Señor Canny Bolero (Iamded)
Ryan Catchers (Rick)
Ted Nathan Tompkins (Whitefang)
Sandy Craws (Sandy)
'Mr. Nowhere' (Scouts)
Dougie "Jesus" Douglas (Hinckley)
Petey Pirowski (Peanuts)
'Timtam Timmers', Spacetwin #1 (Lord Arjay)
Professor Diem (Walter Kovacs)
Misty 'Mrs' Monroe (badboytje88)
Stanley Spussemmin (Cornelius Murdock)
Dudley Eisenhower (MrLegoNinja)
Cookie Custer (Roncanator)
Cameron 'Big Cam' Oaktree (Big Cam) (Insane)
Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell (Shadows) (Insane, independent)
Sparky Trucks (TinyPiesRUs) (Insane, independent)
Martin Century (Stash2Sixx) (Insane)
The King of Delaware (KingoftheZempk) (Insane)
Chief Washing Bear (JimButcher) (Insane)
Cat Manuel (The Penguin) (Insane)
Havel Pavlov (Sok117) (Insane)
Dr Rajim (Admiral Ron) (Insane)
'Tamtam Timmers', Spacetwin #2 (Quarryman) (Insane)
2. Professor Flitwick
7. Emperor Claudius Rome
8. Captain John Paul