9 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:11 AM

Posted Image
The year is 1978...

A small boy plays with his LEGO seaplane as he watches television on a Saturday night. What is that alluring music that seems to captivate his senses. :wub:  Must not be important, at least not as important as the building at hand.  The Plane! The Plane! can be heard loudly. :classic:

My tribute to a an old classic, Fantasy Island (note: Hoola Girl and Sea Plane sold separately).

Posted Image

EDIT: Combine with Island Vehicle set for added fun!

EDIT: Alternate image with vehicle:

Posted Image

Edited by Rufus, 29 May 2011 - 03:18 PM.
Indexed

#2 KielDaMan

KielDaMan

Member: 5203

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

And yet another beautiful creation TheBrickster! I'm not familiar with Fantasy Island, and after a quick trip to google (below), I must say the house is very well-built and is really accurate to the real one. The minifigs used also represent the real characters well. As always, the photo-editing is top-notch! Wonderful job overall! :thumbup:

Posted Image

NEW! Legends of Chima Review: 70008 - Gorzan's Gorilla Striker

Posted Image

Currently playing as the Sheriff Kenneth Emanuel in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia

My Eurobricks Page / My flickr / My MOCpages

#3 buddy

buddy

Member: 14028

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Great MOC! It is very accurate and detailed, it looks just like the real thing.  :thumbup:
Very well done.  :classic:

~buddy~

#4 Zorbas

Zorbas

• Tough on stains!

Member: 4609

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

I love it! :wub:

Beautiful work TheBrickster! The building looks great and very close to the actual one and the selection of elements you've made for the minifigs is just perfect.

What I really like is the "poster". The photo editing, the selection of the colours you used and the addition of the hula girl, the seaplane and the palm trees makes it look just like a promo picture from the real life TV series. :thumbup:

You took me way back with this....Thanks! :sweet:
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image

#5 Geertos13

Geertos13

Member: 13632

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

This is a fantastic building !
The Red-Wihite color sheme is fantastic !
And the editing is so sweet and cute !
Great job on the minifigures too !
Amazing Creation !

Edited by Geertos13, 16 January 2011 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of stuff - Thomas Edison

#6 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostKielDaMan, on 16 January 2011 - 05:40 AM, said:

The minifigs used also represent the real characters well.
Thanks Kiel, and appreciate you sharing the picture; in fact, it was my inspiration image.

In re. to the figs: I wanted to use the suit from Indiana Jones 7682 Shanghai Chase with black bowtie for Tattoo, but I've got the box under a stack in the garage. Also, I had to cheat a little bit on the short legs. The actual piece is tan, but I changed the color in the picture.

View Postbuddy, on 16 January 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

it looks just like the real thing.  :thumbup:
Appreciate you saying that Buddy. I know the house could have probably been a whole lot better.

View PostZorbas, on 16 January 2011 - 11:26 AM, said:

What I really like is the "poster".
Thanks Zorbas. I spent half a day photo-editing this, from the pictures to the additional add-ins. I've been wanting to make this for a few months, and I had planned to make a large "retro-style" LEGO box adding different components, like the house and the car/jeep. I ended up going for the movie poster look, and I like the finished poster (although I already see some parts of the house that I want to change).

View PostGeertos13, on 16 January 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

This is a fantastic building !
Thank you Geertos. I ran out of several pieces with the building; red sloped roofs, white 1x1s, and white tiles. That presented quite the challenge, esp. the red roof slopes. I wanted the roof much larger and ended up having to shrink it down, placing it on plates. The tower is also a bit square.I still plan to do some work on the building, but probably not today. What's funny is the image makes it look so small, but yet the real thing is much larger. I'll share some pictures if I make modifications.

#7 Mrlegoninja

Mrlegoninja

Member: 11901

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Very nice! Your photo editing is top-notch, and you building really resembles the real thing.
Wait... If its not a real lego licensed theme, shouldn't it go in other themes?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Murdered Day 8 as former Armed Forces member and Spider ward member Dudley Eisenhower in Def's Doctor Bloodbrick's Asylum.-Insane
Thank you Jebediahs for that great paper doll!

Died as Congressman Aide Maxwell Touns in Bob's Red Scare Mystery-Town

Died as Pub Owner Mrs. Le Goninja in Def's The Coming Darkness-Town

Died as Pet Store owner Jack Montgomery in Bob's Suburbia
Currently playing as the 40 year old teller Richard Sexton in Hinckley's Red Moon Two!

#8 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

To be honest with you, I wasn't sure where to post it.  I was also thinking the Action forum with the adventure stuff, but since it was television, I thought I would put it here.  If one of the other mods feel that Other Themes is a better place for it, they can certainly move it.

#9 Dave Shaddix

Dave Shaddix

Member: 9287

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Nicely done.  I had this theme on my table for a while after I wrapped up my Giligan's Island project.  Fantasy Island seems like such a great theme for LEGO, I am surprised that it hasn't been done well before now.

Again, nice work here!
~dave

#10 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

View PostDave Shaddix, on 20 January 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

Nicely done.
Thanks Dave. Appreciate the nice feedback.  I had not seen your Gilligan's Island theme before, so thanks for sharing. I love the Wrong-Way Feldman set and the radio is most clever (and very original). Great shows never brought to LEGO before. :thumbup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users